Your favourite New Vegas character?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by brandonhart61, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Renegadexss

Renegadexss It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 26, 2011
    Raul because Danny Trejo is the man!

[/img]

2. Snikers

Snikers It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 16, 2011
    I always liked Julie Farkas, partially because I couldn't help wondering what was up with her awkward mannerisms.

Melissa (the Khan in the Deathclaw Quarry with the New Zealand accent) was pretty cool, too. Tough, without being a bitch - that's a surprisingly hard character to write.

3. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    From the main game: Veronica, Yes Man and Arcade. They all made me laugh so much. Veronica and Arcade also gave insight into two failing factions.

From expansions: Dean Domino and Joshua Graham. Dean was a pretty funny overall charismatic guy. Joshua was an absolute badass but also somebody you felt sympathy for. It was great telling him that I killed Caesar.

4. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Now I feel bad for not remembering to mention him, but did anyone else take a liking to Doctor Mitchell? I've always been disappointed that he had such a small role overall. I always felt like he and the courier should have become pretty close, considering he did save your life after all.

5. Knight Captain Kerr

Nov 27, 2011
    Doc Mitchell was a nice guy but with such a small role it is hard to care that much about him.

I really like Boone too. I felt sorry for the guy and what happened to his wife. We also have tonnes in common, we both love killing legion scum. I almost always bring him with me.

6. Serge 13

Serge 13 Pussy Virus Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    Lanius.

Man is he scary the first time you meet him, especially after all those stories you hear about him throughout your journey.

Man did I love this line of his: “If you want to see the fate of Democracy-look out the windows.”

7. BigPipe

BigPipe First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2012
    Enclave Remnants-All of them. Why? Because they are Enclave!

8. AaronG21

AaronG21 First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2012
    Definetly Boone for me, Twisted demented mind set.

9. Carnivàle

Carnivàle So it goes

Oct 8, 2011
  10. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Mentats_Addict

Mentats_Addict First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2012
    Jeez thats a hard call to make, so lets get a little in depth! Yes Man was hands down the single funniest character in the game. Veronica was so adorable she is only thing that gave me pause when considering what to do to the Brotherhood. Mr House just secretes so much charisma it makes it very easy to over look his flaws and the flaws in his plan. I know a lot of people like Boone but he felt a bit flat for me, then again I never was really big on the troubled and brooding archetype unless the actor was particularly skilled.

Sarah Weintraub was actually so damn endearing to me I like to think that each of my Couriers settled down with her after the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. Also kudos to the effort behind Colonel Moore, not as bad as First Citizen Lynette but still took a good deal of effort not to do horrible things to her. The female NRC soldiers who got piss drunk enough to strip down to their underwear and play in the Ultra Lux's water fountain stand out as best random NPCs.

I'd probably go with Benny. The way Matthew Perry listlessly reads his lines and the way he is trying so ridiculously hard to act like the Rat Pack wraps around from "Bad" to "The most campy thing ever since Adam West"

12. BFox17

BFox17 Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 20, 2012
    Oh yes, Yes Man hands down for me :)
    He does also happen to be my most favorite video game character simply due to the humor of his play-through, especially throwing the General off of the dam :)

13. MelonHead

MelonHead First time out of the vault

May 6, 2012
    All of the companions in the main game
    And Yes Man

14. BOS_Warlord

BOS_Warlord First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2012
    Veronica because I loves me some BOS vag

EDE and the EDE Clone from Lonesome Road, I EDE in the main was more like a pet, but the Clone was so adorable.

Arcade Gannon is an intellectual man, and I respect that.

Yes Man because of Dave Foley's work.

Joshua Graham

Dean fuckin Domino because he's such an asshole, and finally Follows Chalk because he's so dumb and unaware of the outside world, wonder how he handled deathclaws

15. BFox17

BFox17 Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 20, 2012
    Heh, ED-E's clone was indeed cute :)
    I just wanted to hug him whenever he made those funny noises :)
    Also, he reminded me of R2-D2 :)

16. Felspawn

Felspawn It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 15, 2010
    Cass <3

Also completey agree with ^

17. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I'm replaying New Vegas and now man, I would never be able to choose between House, Elijah and Joshua Graham and many of the other well written characters in New Vegas.

18. Knight Captain Kerr

Nov 27, 2011
    How could I forget the Think Tank? I love them so much.

19. Idiotfool

Idiotfool Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 12, 2007
    I thought Fantastic was hilariously awesome. "I have a theoretical degree in physics!" Good stuff, there.

20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005

Yeah, Fantastic cracked me up quite a bit on the first play-through.