The best radio man in Fallout series?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Valdetiosi, Aug 21, 2017.

Which one is better radio man?

1. 3 Dog

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Mr. New Vegas

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  3. John Henry Eden

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Tabitha

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Travis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PrimmSlim

PrimmSlim First time out of the vault

Aug 24, 2017
    On a semi-related note, what's the best oldies intro/credits song? I'm partial to "Maybe" myself. I found it left a big impact seeing the Dweller walk into the desert to that song at the end of Fallout 1.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    How did you even come remotely close to this kind of conclusion? Nowhere in his post Einhanderc was trying to tell you that 'Fallout should be a horror game'. His mention of Silent Hill was to show you how ambient music work, by reinforcing the visuals you got in the place you hear the music, to evoke the right atmosphere. So I guess, instead of mentioning Silent Hill maybe Ein should've mentioned Fallout track and how it helps evoking the right atmosphere of the place you listened to it. For example, the Hub's music, 'A Trader's Life' definitely help evoking the atmosphere of being in a town where trading is really busy because it's literally the 'hub' of trading.

Quoting Risewild's post from here

3. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    I think there may have been a mutual misunderstanding. The way I read it, Einhanderc was comparing Fallout's creepier, unnerving music to a horror game, wherein both attempt to put the player at a state of unease. Then I mentioned how I felt much of the music was very similar to a horror game, but that's not what I expected nor wanted from the atmosphere. Apologies if there's been any confusion.

4. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    No need to apologize. It's how you feel about the music in the game.
    I posted to describe how I feel about it, since it was different from you.
    For you it doesn't work and for me works perfectly. Nothing wrong about that :wink:.

5. Kohno

Kohno A Smooth-Skin

Jul 30, 2009
    I thought the whole discjockey thing was not a very good idea. I did not like any of the radio hosts. I think Wasteland 2 had a much better thing going on with radio than that.

Also... The flare of listening to 50's pop songs on top of exploding heads was also old after the first trailer that depicted it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  6. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016
    No worries, context can be difficult to determine in text. Typically when I reply to a thread I focus on it's mechanics and purpose in the game. In this case I feel that I should apologize as well as your intent was indeed confused.

However if I can make a suggestion, when posting about your opinion try to give those who are reading your response more to think about so that they can understand your position better. Typically when someone says they just dislike something it doesn't reveal much other than a general term of convenience.

To clarify as well, my intention was not to compare Fallout to horror aspects but the level of impact the music had as it fit with the theme. Horror games just typically do this better than others since pacing and tone play a major role in its game play.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Darice

Darice First time out of the vault

Oct 2, 2017
    People ask me a lot if there's a Ms.New Vegas. Well of course there is.. you're here, and you're as beautiful as the day we met. :ok:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  8. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 6, 2016
    Vote in Tabitha. Love listing to her and "Honda".

I can only refer to second-generation mutants as Dumb Dumbs after her.

9. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    *Rhonda

Tabitha doesn't have a pet car.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  10. Mak

Mak The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!

Aug 22, 2016
    You're a monster.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 6, 2016
    or a pet sumo wrestler.

12. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    I'm not a monster! I AM A MAN!

punch

13. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I suddenly have this image of Tabitha and Rhonda driving around in a Highwayman with a retractable roof into the sunset.

• [Like] [Like] x 1