Afterfall Gameplay Video

When I remember I actually believed this will be a great CRPG...

Well it´s still up to you AoD 8-)

PainlessDocM said:
Mad Max RW said:
Get out of here, Stalker?

Comparing this with STALKER? That's just wrong on so many levels.

STALKER had the same shitty animations and laughable AI for one thing, not to mention a level of buggy that rivals that of New Vegas.

Stalker was still a good game in the end, the atmosphere made up for any shortcomings. This game just looks terrible in every way, and unlike the Stalker series I doubt there will be a modding community to improve it.

Animation gonna be much better (they're implementing mo-cap atm), They still work on music/sounds... So, a lot can change. I like the design.

Heh, maybe my hopes are too high - I was a part of the team that worked on Bourgeoisie/AF (the cRPG) when it was still a fan project. Anyway I believe that the game has potential - if they won't screw it its gonna be truly "realistic" postapo.

gumbarrel said:
STALKER had the same shitty animations and laughable AI for one thing, not to mention a level of buggy that rivals that of New Vegas.

I agree with the bugs. Other two points, not so much. STALKER (especially CS and CoP) have good animations and a great AI. In fact, STALKER's one of my favourite gun fighting games, given how it actually creates a feeling that the enemy really wants you dead, instead of being a cutout to shoot.

Wow, I've never heard anything of this game before, so all I have to go on is the 12 minutes I've seen...and that 12 minutes is terrible.

Pretty nice city backdrop, but painfully linear puzzle game corridors. Enemies that were smart/resourceful enough to survive armageddon yet mindlessly walk (yes walk, not even run) unarmed into a hail of bullets. A mindless raise the water puzzle that is so obvious that it really isn't a puzzle and thus has no reason to exist. As mentioned before terrible animations, not only the terrible walking, but the pathetic ax swinging. And lastly that mutant thing at the end...WTF? I thought I read 2 people in this thread talking about this being a truly realistic post-apocalypse game, I don't see how 12 foot mutants bursting through concrete walls is any indications of realistic.

So my impression, based solely off the 12 min. video. I don't see this ever getting released and if it is, it'll be in bargain bins for $10 within 6 months of release.

It's really sad that after so much time this is what we get.
I'm going to skip this one and hope that when they do make the RPG it will be better than this "survival-horror"... much better. Unfortunately if first game they come up with will be like this then it's highly unlikely that there will any future ones (and even if so, then it is unlikely that they will be good)

Catch_or said:
It's really sad that after so much time this is what we get.
I'm going to skip this one and hope that when they do make the RPG it will be better than this "survival-horror"... much better. Unfortunately if first game they come up with will be like this then it's highly unlikely that there will any future ones (and even if so, then it is unlikely that they will be good)

These days will never come back.

This gameplay pretty much fails at scaring the shit out of me.
Last game I played, which used overdose of such effects and actually scared me was Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines. Remember Oceanside hotel? That thing worked very well, while here... not well at all.
Maybe it will improve. MAYBE.

btw: Chair wielding guy was fucking hilarious.

Tagaziel said:
I agree with the bugs. Other two points, not so much. STALKER (especially CS and CoP) have good animations and a great AI. In fact, STALKER's one of my favourite gun fighting games, given how it actually creates a feeling that the enemy really wants you dead, instead of being a cutout to shoot.
I find the A.I. in Resistance to be one of the best, but I havn't played STALKER yet, recommend?

Metro 2033 AI was pretty good. There were many "FUCK ME!" moments when trying to play it on the hardest difficulty. Then you get the pneumatic crossbow and start to care less about well placed shots because you can pick up your bolts. Then you realize all the pre-war ammo you saved was for nothing and weep because the game was only about 11 hours long.
L4D2's AI is pretty comical in versus. LET ME HEAL YOU IN THIS SPIT PLS. "Oh, you're being smokered 5 feet away from me? Sorries, got an ass to pick." It's hard to think of games with good AI, though. Even in strategy games, the tougher AI opponent is usually just given tons of extra resources to compensate for their moronic lawls-let's-attack-the-front-gate strategy. Good AI has got to be hard to code.

edit for grammar

Ugh, don't talk about the AI of the bots in L4D2, they are a bunch of jerks and assholes a lot of the time.
If its not the magical shooting enemies that aren't visible its the walking in the way.

Makagulfazel said:
Metro 2033 AI was pretty good.
Strange enough while I loved Metro33 the AI and most important the fights left me completely cold and unimpresed. No clue why, maybe the way how those creatures attacked. It was rather anoying then scary, particularly those rats and flying monsters.

But I loved the background, with the attacks on your psyche (if you know what I mean), the kind of situations where your dreams could kill you or something like that. Or when you helped to open the gate and got some form of illusion and as well how the old man explained the anomaly.

Makagulfazel said:
L4D2's AI is pretty comical in versus. LET ME HEAL YOU IN THIS SPIT PLS. "Oh, you're being smokered 5 feet away from me? Sorries, got an ass to pick." It's hard to think of games with good AI, though. Even in strategy games, the tougher AI opponent is usually just given tons of extra resources to compensate for their moronic lawls-let's-attack-the-front-gate strategy. Good AI has got to be hard to code.

Which is interesting, because Alyx is one of the better-coded teammates in gaming.

Back