Ashes 2063 Afterglow version V 1.06 has been released

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by The Dutch Ghost, Dec 4, 2021.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Knog Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Credit goes to you for writing it up though.

2. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is updated.

Jan 15, 2018
    First, thanks for your writing. Awesome job.
    Second, I wasn't bothered much by accent, for instance. Actually, the only part of the storyline I had issues with is the dialogue with the general. It's basically "you can't kill her! okay, you can kill her if you shoot hard enough. My 200 men couldn't do it but you'll be fine". Other than that, nothing much, except some typos.

As for the motivation, the desire to find out what's on that laptop you lost, and what are the mutants up to is pretty much enough to go on.

But anyways, you know better.

3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Heh not trying to take claim for all that is positive and lay blame for the bad parts on Vostyok, but I actually barely did anything of the dialogue, though being the writer and having the time I should have done so.

It partly has to do with my state of mind, but also that I find writing dialogue hard sometimes.
    Broad descriptions are often easier for me.

Add: so all the good dialogue lines should be credited to him.

But I have to agree. I myself would also have preferred to come up with a better explanation why the general and his men could not put a dent in the psychic mutant's defenses and yet the player is able to do so.
    I always found this a ridiculous type of trope.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Knog Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Fuck those other mods.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    There's no force stronger than the Polish Gothic TC.