Deus Ex Human Revolution

LinkPain

Mildly Dipped
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-DwoCkpBFA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTwqe07VBoo[/youtube]

This i have been expecting for a long time .
Invisible War wasn't so good like the first Deus Ex , story too short and uninspiring . Also combat was a little too easy for me , i augmented emp and the rest was cake walk .

And when Square Enix came announcing that they are making a prequel i had high expectations . Well mostly on graphic looks at first . But it looks like they will deliver what was promised to the fans , a solid game and a very good story . Still , have to wait and see till the end . But i doubt that it will fail like Final Fantasy XIV Online did .
Those augmentations really look good and feel real now . And they didn't change the core feel and setting of the game which is awesome . I wonder how big the cities are going to be .
And how much money will i spend on a new rig this time . Playing this on low graphics is not an option .

This looks very, very good. But I still have/want to play the first two ones, then this one...if my PC supports it...

It will believe me , i tried xD
This is and RPG with first person perspective that is too good not to be played at least once .

Old news.

Good news, I guess.

Reeling from the future experience of learning more about the mechanics of the game, and how much it is not like Deus Ex 1.

Hopefully, hacking will be like Dystopoia/Neuromancer. I want to SEE cyberspace. Cyberpunk games are few and far between, we need more. Alot more.

the color pallet is a bit weird, but overall this looks good.

Anyone else really miss the china town music from the original?

The music from BOTH games were good.

Even though Invisible War was a bland in it's interface and underlying mechanics, with rag-doll slapped ontop of location based damage, it wasn't a bad game. I enjoyed it a lot better than most games of that period.

What I am afraid of is the idea of a third-person view.

Third-person is NOT a good idea for Deus Ex, and the integration of first and third is stupid.

What made Deus Ex so good in it's interface was that it was basically Mech Warrior, instead you are piloting a technologically augmented human.

These automatic cover systems are mostly pointless. In real life you'd just side step around a corner, like in every FPS ever.

Seems better than i had expected..
I actually never got to seriously play and complete the old Deus Ex which is what i will do right now!

@Atomkilla
Maybe try out this when you decide to play Deus Ex:
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

Ill only try them myself today, but the dude did a great job with UT99 drivers.

Why don't people come up with new franchises, why do most of them put the name of an old classic on their newest AAA title with which they have not much in common?

This helps advertisement?

Barrett said:
Why don't people come up with new franchises, why do most of them put the name of an old classic on their newest AAA title with which they have not much in common?

This helps advertisement?

This is not Bethesda making a medicore game from old classic .

Square did a good job on the overall atmosphere and visuals . And they ripped off a lot from Ghost in The Shell , which in my opinion is a good thing since that manga and movie is a true cyberpunk experience .

true, I agree its "different" from Deus Ex. But not in a bad way.

We will see what they make out of it in the end. Hopefully they dont lie and REALLY try to make a experience true with Deus Ex.

LinkPain said:
This is not Bethesda making a medicore game from old classic .
Even though regrettably Oblivion was the greatest influence on FO3, Bethesda got Daggerfall and Morrowind in their pedigree, which is something.
I didn't read anything about what the current Eidos Montreal team worked on previously, the work they do can be anything between utter shit and epic win.

Square did a good job on the overall atmosphere and visuals . And they ripped off a lot from Ghost in The Shell , which in my opinion is a good thing since that manga and movie is a true cyberpunk experience .
Whoa, what atmosphere did they do? I thought SE was the publisher and CGI-awesomeness maker. If they have to do anything about the gameplay itself I am pretty much worried.

Still kind of reminds me of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 4. But I' excited for this game, but I"ll probably get it PS3 since there's no way in hell my laptop will run it :lol:

The cut-scenes look awesome (which brings me back to Yathzee saying that Square Enix only wanting to make films now hahaha)

Back