Did you "screwed up" on your first playthrough?

lucas.

Still Mildly Glowing
WARNING> This thread will probably be full of spoiler!

Things I lost the oportunity to do it on my first playthrough (F2):

-Join the Wrights (pissed the old man and pressed f6 instead of f7)

-Cap of the guard (killed bishop before getting evidence)

-Lost Torr: saved the brahmin and made him stay on the brahmin fields forever.

-Got the magic portal encounter and forgot the unique weapon.

There's many other things I forgot or lost the oportunity to do it, I'll edit as soon as I remember more.

What about you? Any regrets, mistakes or f6~f7 problems on your first playthrough?

Got Smitty hostile in the Den, couldn't get car, started over.

Married Miria and kept her until reaching Father Tully in New Reno.

Used the Assault Rifle a lot after getting it in Modoc.

I didn't get the Pariah dog was a bad luck dog, so he grew on me and I liked it as a companion until I discovered that he was the cause of some of the most horrendous punishments for an newbie player, I thought the game was bugged.

I had the same problem about the Assault Rifle lol...

I thought I was kicking ass but then I realized my companions were doing most of the killing... : P

My first time in Fallout 2, I said whatever makes Moore tell Bishop to kill you instead of letting you do his quests, and by the time I finally delivered the briefcase, I didn't have any saves to go back to.

In FO2 made a character with charisma 3, intelligence 4, endurance 9, etc. and heavy handed and skilled... oh man...

Also managed to screw up getting into Vault City with the False citizenship papers, and never got another chance.

In FO1 attacked the military base with a spear and leather armor... whoops...

Went the wrong way and got cut down by a mutant patrol, despite being in the buff with limited ammo.

Oops.

Used dynamite to try and free the waterchip from Vault 15. Then tried it again.

Put a great deal of points in Outdoorsman and selected Night Person . . . Enough said.

Actually took the Empathy trait, along with Here and Now!

Became a slaver in Fallout 2. Unpleasant, but neat.

Forgot about the time limit and let the vault/village die in favor of exploration.

Really hoped that I'd get turned into a super mutant so I gave in to the Lt's demands.

. . . Oh, how much more, there is, if I could recall it all.

I can't imagine anyone NOT screwing up on their first playthrough of FO1/2. that's what makes it so much fun.

can't remember all the stupid things I did, but they usually involved getting the wrong people hostile, missing out on good quests and going the wrong places unprepared.

aenemic said:
I can't imagine anyone NOT screwing up on their first playthrough of FO1/2. that's what makes it so much fun.

can't remember all the stupid things I did, but they usually involved getting the wrong people hostile, missing out on good quests and going the wrong places unprepared.

Really, how can you not screw it up the first few times? Especially if you avoid looking to numbers.

Future screw up: I just gave Marcus a Bozar and he can make critical hits of 300 dmg with it.

Massive screw up in 3... 2... 1...

I really fucked up with the cart + pole + dynamite thing. I just couldn't do whatever I needed to do over there. I didn't get it. Blew myself up a couple of times just figuring it out. In retrospect, that probably means I'm as daft as most people claim.

:roll:

Another one would be me figuring out that you could drug your followers and up their stats that way. I thought they wouldn't suffer any withdrawal effects. Yeah... And of course you lose that old save game in the process. Probably familiar stuff to most gamers.

Fallout 1: Couldn't find the damn waterchip until I started over like 3 times
Died from radiation poisoning after I left the glow for the first time (I didn't know about rad drugs)

Fallout 2: Kept Myron around hoping he'd develop decent combat skills

Lauch said:
My first time in Fallout 2, I said whatever makes Moore tell Bishop to kill you instead of letting you do his quests, and by the time I finally delivered the briefcase, I didn't have any saves to go back to.
You've referenced most of his dialog lol. (I mean in the bishop tries to kill you sense)

Back