Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Say what you will about the series, that trailer was pretty damn epic. I am excited about the game, going in expecting an at least decent Action RPG and don't think I will be disappointed.

Hope the following happens:

- Beth stick to their series and leave anything Fallout with Obsidian;
- Obsidian people play Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics;
- Obsidian people download a crapload of great mods for New Vegas and play their own game closer to the way it should be (even with mods, it's not as it should)
- Beth gives them an improved version of this new TES engine (or of the Rage engine?), all kinds of freedom and time, MUCH TIME, for them to work and polish;
- Obsidian stays true to the canon and the hell away from all that east coast bullshit.

One can dream...

Agreed, good trailer. If Beth knows how to do anything at all, it's promotion.

And yes, the game looks decent graphically. A lot better than DAII, I might add. But then again, Arcania (Gothic 4) also looked great, and we all know how awesome of a game it was. :roll:

Pretty good trailer actually, good music(morrowind theme remix?) and i liked how the graphics look. I also like the viking setting. But to be honest Oblivion felt so bland overall for that little that i tried it that i try not to let the hype get me.

According to some Beth dude named Nick Breckon,

Just to clarify, all of this trailer was captured on Xbox 360. Also, the draw distance is not faked in any way.

Makes no sense why that would be the case but I'm VERY impressed if it really is. I wonder what a PC version would look like.

Wasnt impressed with the draw distance. Beth has a habit of putting hill after hill just to hide pop up. Guess now it will be mountain after mountain. (how many mountains were in that vid?)

The effects, like fog, clouds, snow, different seasons (apparently)were well done IMO.

I'm just glad it's a bit darker and grittier than Oblivion. or at least that's how it seems.

even if it's as bland and meaningless as Oblivion I'm probably gonna get a few hours of fun out of it. and who knows, maybe they'll even do better this time. I always took Oblivion for what it is: a simple sandbox game with some slight rpg elements, and with a fun levelling system. as long as I didn't expect anything else out of it, I could enjoy it. but sooner or later I'd get sick of the bland, boring and childish setting. Morrowind on the other hand was a world to get lost in and explore. I hope we're at least getting some of that back.

For me, I'm never giving Beth another dime of my money, so I'm not buying it, regardless.

Could it be? Real-time environment shadows? I wonder how much they'll have to shrink the gameworld to compensate for the framerate drop.

This is also done entirely with xbox 360 footage apparently... this isn't the PC version.

Ausdoerrt said:
Apparently.

I'm wondering though, wouldn't the 360 explode trying to do that?

What I'm wondering is why on Earth they would do that. Wouldn't it be easier and prettier to use a PC version?

Graphics don't matter, but that is a damn pretty game.

And if half of what they've said is true, it sounds like it will be fun to play also. (Important note: I like Oblivion)

Wait, did Bethsoft actually show something that actually impressed me somewhat? Nice visuals, GREATLY improved animations, and some great music (well, the Elderscrolls have always had great music). I'm going to try and stay optimistic here and say this has actually peaked my interest in it.

Gaddes said:
Wait, did Bethsoft actually show something that actually impressed me somewhat? Nice visuals, GREATLY improved animations, and some great music (well, the Elderscrolls have always had great music). I'm going to try and stay optimistic here and say this has actually peaked my interest in it.
*Piqued

I'm not optimistic, but hopeful. If Bethesda gives us shiny Oblivion, I'll still like it but be disappointed. If they give us shiny awesome Oblivion, which is what they're promising. I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It certainly looks better than Oblivion, but saying anything about it at this point is rather risky. It would seem that they went in the right direction this time, but hell, who knows? It may be just as lackluster as the Oblivion or Fallout 3.

I am happy, though, that people look like people this time around. And move like normal, bipedal beings, too.

How many games did they stole from ?
They make a magical pot these days and put everything in it and see what pops out ?

The ugliest stealing is from Bioshock , at least what i'm thinking is if you're a heavy metal big fkin sword guy throwing magic at the same time is stupid and feels retarded . Imagine if Konan could do that .
But if that's how Beth sees it it's ok . It's fun!
No , it's not OP!

Back