Fallout 1.5: Resurrection

I'll keep on playing and correct syntax errors where i find them. I'm only doing this for the testing purposes/fun:mrgreen: and personal use only. You guys can "maybe" get this thing done faster/optimal by doing dialogs starting from town 1 and so on... and upload .msg files separately for each town. This is just an idea, i'm not trying to interfere with your plans/work.:oops:

I got to work on the translation again, and I think I caught most of the grabbing text errors.
And for the most part files should be clean now.
Re-download the rar and report how it works. Thanks.

Last edited:
Went through the worldmap.msg. Now encounters resemble what's actually going on during the encounter. If you meet rats, it will say rats, and not some farmers or raiders.
Same link

PS: I've adjusted the interface art for English version. So, if anybody from the Resurrection Team reads this, you're welcome to use it. Folder art is in the rar.

Last edited:
Does Killap's RP somehow intefere with the new translation? I'm gonna install both projects since FO1.5 claims to be compatible with it.

Resurrection doesn't affect the original game files, and thus, is fully compatible with Killap's Restoration Project. At least this is what I have read on the Resurrection official site on Webs.com.

Everything went fine with Drobovik's translation, fortunately Czech language is understandable at some point so when I meet some words I have some idea. Saves are also compatible with (unofficially) translated and non-translated versions.

However, I stumbled upon a pack of Errors when I went to the Northern side of Rat Hole and tried to talk with the female commander of Leonard's dudes.
I tried to push some options, but there are a lot of them and some do have negative impact as I'm being shot after.
I hope a new translation fix will be available soon.

For now, I guess, I should do something else around. :)

In general, the mod with the unofficial translation is pretty playable, I'm enjoying it.

@Orzie
I have updated the translation. Thanks for the bug report. Should be no more errors showing up in Alexa dialog. Re-download from the same link.
Pipboy.msg got done. Now holodisks are translated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I also noticed that when the brown dog-companion is attacked, he is named as 'Arroyo Bridge' instead of 'Rafts'. Don't know if it's a problem of the translation or of the mod itself though.

UPDATE
Actually when I installed the new translation the Pip-boy window stopped loading, freezing the screen but still allowing to push Map and Characterists buttons along with the main menu.
I use the latest Killap's RP (with sfall) with the mod if that helps, settings 800x600.

UPDATE
Returning back to the old translation and trying to read some holodisks bought in Sedit I discover that instead of Vault Locations v12.004 and Treating Mutations I do have old falloutish 'Vault 13 location' and 'Military Base level 1'.
Also, no Vaults have become shown on the minimap.

Last edited:
Orzie said:
.. when the brown dog-companion is attacked, he is named as 'Arroyo Bridge' instead of 'Rafts'.
Translation problem, didn't happen in Czech version.

I use the latest Killap's RP (with sfall) with the mod if that helps, settings 800x600.
It has nothing to do with killap's stuff. Resurrection is (should be!) installed in a separate folder, using the old Lexx's method with its own config files, executable file, new music and data files, sfall and Hi-Res patch.

Also, no Vaults have become shown on the minimap.

Not a bug, featcha! :smile:

Last edited:
Well, it's probably the language barrier. I deinstalled Killap's RP and nothing has changed, including the holodisk titles - they are still 'Military Base Outside', 'Military Base Level 1' and 'Vault 13 HOLO'.
The texts are also from FO2 instead of the new ones.

Also, the Pip-boy in the new translation still didn't work. Moreover, I discovered that the man in robes in the Lost Neighbourhood in Sedit also has a bunch of errors (the same crash as in post 41)

Resurrection is (should be!) installed in a separate folder, using the old Lexx's method with its own config files, executable file, new music and data files, sfall and Hi-Res patch.

Nice! Good to hear. For a while I thought that simply nobody cares about that, which made me a sad panda. :)

@Orzie
Can you send me saves from Sedit with holodisks? I know why pipboy gets stuck.
Thanks

EDIT: Got the robes guy in Sedit fixed.
Fixed up most of the holodisk text. Can try it out. Should work now.

Last edited:
I installed the new translation, still the pip-boy is not working even on 640x480.
Here is the save.

Switching back to the working variant. Probably I will have to switch translations when I will meet those guys with errors again.

AHHH! I am so excited about this mod, I hope you guys get it finished before I head off to bootcamp so I don't have to wait even LONGER to play it x) I'm seriously looking forward to the official english translation for this mod <3

Also, George's dialogs in Rat Hole are almost entirely broken, so I guess I won't be able to find a solution between Julian and Leonard in a peaceful way until it's fixed.

UPDATE
Here's an actual save with 4 holodisks in the backpack. Still can't read them as the new translation versions didn't allow me to open the Pip-boy.
3 are from Sedit, and one is from the cave near Sedit.

Last edited:
@Orzie
Just to let you know my google translation is not compatible with Resurrection v1.2 (only 1.1) Which is what your savegames are made with. So, for now, you will encounter lots of errors. Be warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh damn, so that's the cause. Sorry for not letting you know, I thought the translation is intended to be used with v1.2.

I'll try to seek for v1.1 if the saves are compatible.

I have met not so many errors, but the inability to read holodisks is killing me with a curiousity.

Back