Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZorgForg said:
Any ETA on the update?

It's here when it's here... To paraphrase a quote: "A patch/mod is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to." xD

Kudos Killap (and everybody on the project) for going through with it and going with it for so long :)

I hope Sdb will also see his "little" project through to the end as well.

killap said:
Matthews said:
killap said:
@all
I've finished the last of the new content planned. And actually, I think this is the last of any further scripting for this release (be it bug fixes or new content). I'm compiling a new build right now and I'll be sending it off to my normal circle of testers. I'm finally seeing the light, folks! ;)

No ETA yet, but this sounds promising indeed. :D
Testing of the last new content is underway. I also updated all the readme/correction list files today. Ugh, so much text. ;)

Thanks a lot, i hope it comes out really soon, planning to start fo2 from 0 and this time i plan to finish it :D just waiting for this patch to finally hit.

I just wanted to say that I've been watching this thread for a few weeks, now, just waiting for the latest update ^__^ Gives me an excuse to play through the entire game, again :D

I've been using your patch, killap, for ages now, and I really have to thank you for your work. All the additions and fixes really make the game infinitely better, and any time I hear someone mention playing Fallout 2, I always refer them to No Mutants Allowed so they can download your stuff :) Can't wait for the new patch version ^__^

Hi. I found little bit modding bug that is connected with RP 2.2 . For instance: no matter what custom armor I add to the game (for example I want it to add LA MarkII frames created by one of the modders here) the game accept new frames and work fine, but when I save/load game player character disappear and reappear only when you hit inventory button and then return to the game. I try to do that because I did new armor for the game (based on mob gangster from New Reno) I thought that I screw something with the FRM files, alas after many many tries of almost everything , i just Install new fallout 2 with RP 2.1 and now custom armors works okay and I dont see missing player characters after save/load game. here you can see more detailed explanation of my problem: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50693&start=1780

I am trying to plant four charged dynamites at once on President of United States (by means of "steal" skill). Every time i do this, I run to electricity floor maze and return back to take President's card from his corpse. The problem is - game freezes every time I am trying to go to lower levels with President's card. The same happens when I attempt to save a game.
http://rusfolder.com/36675314

Elitech said:
ZorgForg said:
Any ETA on the update?

It's here when it's here... To paraphrase a quote: "A patch/mod is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to." xD

Kudos Killap (and everybody on the project) for going through with it and going with it for so long :)

I hope Sdb will also see his "little" project through to the end as well.

Fair enough. I'm just dying to finally playthrough FO2 (never have) and am waiting for the 2.2 patch 8-)

ZorgForg said:
I'm just dying to finally playthrough FO2 (never have) and am waiting for the 2.2 patch 8-)
Oh man, what an experience this will be. :)

@everyone
Testers have reported back to me and I need to go through their reports. Small lists, so shouldn't be too bad.

killap said:
@everyone
Testers have reported back to me and I need to go through their reports. Small lists, so shouldn't be too bad.

Can't wait! :clap: Keep up the great work!

killap said:
@everyone

Great news, can't wait to finally beat the game ironman style.

killap said:
ZorgForg said:
I'm just dying to finally playthrough FO2 (never have) and am waiting for the 2.2 patch 8-)
Oh man, what an experience this will be. :)

@everyone

I also decided to wait for the final version to start again. :P
Any predictions for the release killap?

regards,

mercurio101 said:
I am trying to plant four charged dynamites at once on President of United States (by means of "steal" skill). Every time i do this, I run to electricity floor maze and return back to take President's card from his corpse. The problem is - game freezes every time I am trying to go to lower levels with President's card. The same happens when I attempt to save a game.

This happened to me too. I had to use all my stimpacks on him to advance.

Sduibek said:
Geras said:
What would an Ironman run consist of in Fallout 2?
As far as I know, playing without saving, or in time constrained cases, saving and loading only to leave game and to continue later. I.e., you die once, you lose, you start over from the beginning.

Milly said:
mercurio101 said:

So this sounds like the bug that often occurs when you plant explosives and leave the map. It'll crash the game or result in corrupted saves. The cure is to always enter combat for a round right after the critter dies from the explosive. I did that in your save game and the game no longer crashed and I could save/load properly again. Engine bug.

Oppen said:
Sduibek said:
Geras said:
What would an Ironman run consist of in Fallout 2?
As far as I know, playing without saving, or in time constrained cases, saving and loading only to leave game and to continue later. I.e., you die once, you lose, you start over from the beginning.
Wow that sounds terrible. One unlucky critical hit and Game Over? No thanks, that wouldn't be fun at all!

killap said:
Milly said:
mercurio101 said:

So this sounds like the bug that often occurs when you plant explosives and leave the map. It'll crash the game or result in corrupted saves. The cure is to always enter combat for a round right after the critter dies from the explosive. I did that in your save game and the game no longer crashed and I could save/load properly again. Engine bug.
Can't you just run a script on each map exit event, that resets the timer or something?

Sduibek said:
Can't you just run a script on each map exit event, that resets the timer or something?
Well, we (at least me personally) don't really know what actually needs to be reset. Entering/exiting combat obviously clears some variables/timers that makes everything hunky-dory again. Digging into what actually happens in those functions is the only real solution.

Can combat mode be initiated via script? If so you could do something like this:

If (anycritter) has ProID tickingbomb in inventory, set Localvar1 = 1

Upon critter death, if Localvar1 = 1 then initiate and immediately end Combat Mode

Sduibek said:
Can combat mode be initiated via script? If so you could do something like this:

If (anycritter) has ProID tickingbomb in inventory, set Localvar1 = 1

Upon critter death, if Localvar1 = 1 then initiate and immediately end Combat Mode
Yeah, that could work and I believe this is something Darek had proposed to me awhile back. I believe my response was "Eww". But, I suppose it's better than having the game crash and burn. Or people can just stop doing cheap assassinations. ;)

Heh.

What are the script commands to begin and end combat, anyway?

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhh I think I just figured out why it crashes-- If an explosive goes off and the critter doesn't die, they of course attack you, as the vast majority of critters have a damage_proc function with the attack() code within it. (And maybe it runs even if that code isn't there, I haven't bothered to check)

So if you kill them, what it probably does is run the damage_proc code anyway even though it was a one-hit-kill, so when you exit the map and it tries to save, it saves Critter as being in state Dead and Attacking Player. Which makes the savegame routine rather unhappy :lol: It's probably trying to initiate combat or something, but Critter is dead, hence the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back