Fallout 4 gameplay videos leaked, Bethesda starts taking them down

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    It wouldnt make sense story-wise but I agree that they could have put a broken down cart or some soldiers blocking your passage to prevent it being an invisible wall.

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well it's obviously difficult to argue about something I have no clue about - just like you say, I have no reason why it doesn't make sense story whise. But that's not important anyway. I am pretty sure that you could have found SOME way to avoid that invisible wall without contradicting the story if they spend more time thinking about it when they made the bridge and the story part. Could have been writen in a way where it actually doesn't contradict the story that the bridge is broken. No clue. I mean again, as game designer you have all the creative freedom to work around it.

3. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    This picture says it all. If i didn't know who was developing this game, and you would show me this picture, it would be like an eureka moment instantly.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  4. Willy Rogers

Willy Rogers Nothing better to do.

Jun 15, 2015
    Aw jesus, cheat time? Really, time travel?! REALLY?!

5. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    They can't be that stupid ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  6. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    If they put a bit of forest in the western area of the map instead of wastelands, it would be pretty easy to hide the invisible wall without putting in a cliff or terrain feature that doesn't make sense.

You just slowly make the trees grow closer together, and add in some impassable bushes at ground level. Sprinkle a few rocks here and there for variety. Now you have something that isn't navigable but is incredibly more immersive than hitting a glass wall.

If the area is swampy, put in some quicksandy mud conditions that the character gets stuck in and wont want to go through unless they have incredible patience because it slows them down more and more the deeper they go.

The options aren't endless when it comes to hiding the invisible wall in the open, but every single first person game does it in some way or another and it doesn't even take long to come up with workable ideas based on the setting.
    Old world blues had head-popping sonic emitter towers, so it's not like the method even needs to be a physical thing in your way.

Making a text pop up that says you can't go any further is just the laziest way possible, short of an invisible wall without a text message.

7. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    I don't think he was being literal there.

8. Willy Rogers

Jun 15, 2015
    I think you mean they can't be that Bethesda. And yes, yes they can. Though to be fair, it could be a scam run by the Memory Den. Maybe you get scammed and you get called out for being Bethesda enough to think they have a time machine.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Do we even know what the main conflict of the setting is? Even after all the leaks we have no idea what the narrative core of the main quest is....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Let's hope so. Time travel ... is narratively and story whise a really tough thing to master. Most movies, books and well games don't. It's simply a very silly concept and feels often enough like a sloppy cop out. Unless it is really writen well.

11. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    It probably involves the hatred of printed forms of news.

12. Willy Rogers

Jun 15, 2015
    I'm going to roleplay as Emil (beats head repeatedly with heavy object). Dur hur, the Institutes is new Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel want stop them, dur hur hur. And son is lookie for instead of father. And, uhm... Enclave comes back and wants to be real Enclave! Am I being convincing?

13. Willy Rogers

Jun 15, 2015
    Ah, so games jorunalism then?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    It's about ethics.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Willy Rogers

Jun 15, 2015
    It's about two whiny factions fighting a battle that nobody off the internet really gives much thought to.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  16. Wastewander

Wastewander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 6, 2011
    Really, that's it? That can't be it. But it probably is.

Lots of re-used lines of course. I get the sensation that the first one is a nuclear bomb going off and killing him, but of course, that's just my wild speculation.

17. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    They confirmed "after endgame play" so there can't an ending whre the player character dies...

18. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    They really don't want to release the Quakecon footage:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/Mr_Seven007">@Mr_Seven007</a> less than a week before launch I don't see any way we'd put out footage that is months old</p>&mdash; Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) <a href="https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/661966542645522432">November 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I mean what was the point of making that footage in the first place? For a bunch of silly recaps? And now with the leaks they don't want to counter that with official footage?

19. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    There still could be, but I see no problem with after endgame play. Having to save before and leave everything hanging feels unnatural.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Wastewander

Wastewander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 6, 2011
    Ah, well there goes that. Of course I should've expected post-end gameplay. For a second there I nearly forgot all the whining about New Vegas got to the point where they had to make a patch that creates separate auto-save because people didn't stop to read the text that popped up before starting the last mission.

But then again you could "die" in Fallout 3's ending.

• [Like] [Like] x 1