Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Re: It works! ;)

.Pixote. said:
I thought it would only work on a critical target shot to the arm...maybe instead of dropping it, it should be tweaked to see what works best. :shrug:

That makes more sense, and it adds realism to the game..I guess I'm good with that :D

Pixote if you read the thread here the original intent was to drop on death, as obviously they wouldn't keep their grip while dying. I didn't have Fallout 2 to test so if this changed let me know.
On all the other feedback, thank you, I'll do my best to incorporate them as usual :)

Hi Sduibek, thanks for your work. This is the first time im going to play Fallout1. But, when i begin a new game my character appears full equiped, power armor, minigun, superstimpacks, and all kind of drugs and ammo.

I did a clean install of fallout and then your mod. Any clue?.

Thanks again.

when i begin a new game my character appears full equiped, power armor, minigun, superstimpacks, and all kind of drugs and ammo.

What the.... :shock:
I hope you're not trolling. Otherwise Sduibek has a serious bug :lol:

Yes, sorry for the short details, I´m running the game at work and don´t have internet there.

When the game starts appears at the text box, Sduibek testing cheat or something like that.

Hope its help.

Erdosain said:
But, when i begin a new game my character appears full equiped, power armor, minigun, superstimpacks, and all kind of drugs and ammo.
Fallout1FTW said:
What the.... :shock: I hope you're not trolling. Otherwise Sduibek has a serious bug :lol:
Erdosain said:
When the game starts appears at the text box, Sduibek testing cheat or something like that.
Ahahaha nice, I totally forgot about needing to remove that. That's what I get for packing the scripts in a tired and ill state!

Download links in the OP updated (see my sig).

EDIT: I put those messages for exactly this kind of situation... so that if I slipped or forgot, it would be excessively obvious what was going on. So hey at least I prepared for my idiocy. :clap:

Lexx said:
Sounds like debug mode is still enabled.
Correct :D

Sduibek said:
Fallout1FTW said:
Fixes would be everything that is already in the game and doesn't work as intended.

Restored content would be that which is not in the game itself but is found only in game files. Thus, you restore it and bring it back regardless if the devs wanted it in the game or not (which is now impossible to determine as to why NPC X or OPTION Y was left on the cutting floor).
Fair enough.

A few others have asked for modular installation as well, so today i'll look into what it would take to set up a Nullsoft Installer for this... . that way there can basically just be check boxes for each thing: i.e.

Map Changes
Game Changes
Bug Fixes
Restorations
Mutant Invasions
(etc)

I think the main split necessary is keeping Interplay's content separate from your "wouldn't it be cool if" content. I went along the list of changes, nodding as I read, but flinched when I reached the part where you start changing around NPC, monster, chem and weapon stats.

Peasants _should_ die from one bullet, they're meant to be weaksauce. LE BB gun should do a flat 25 damage, that's what makes it unique. There's a difference between correcting something that clearly doesn't work (like the Karma perks, which do nothing) and altering something just because you disagree with the developers, and there is inherent value in not messing around with things too much.

You can still keep your personal flavor alterations, but for god's sake, make them a separate install from the actual bug fixes.

Humppa Papan Tappaa said:
Peasants _should_ die from one bullet, they're meant to be weaksauce. LE BB gun should do a flat 25 damage, that's what makes it unique. There's a difference between correcting something that clearly doesn't work (like the Karma perks, which do nothing) and altering something just because you disagree with the developers, and there is inherent value in not messing around with things too much.

Agreed.

2 cents-

I really like the weapon drop on death, critical aspect but it should probably be optional.

Humppa- good points all, but please watch your tone at the end of that post.. I've spent roughly five hundred hours on this so far, so I know there's progress to be made but please respect the process and work required and I'll show you the same respect by implementing requests :)

Sduibek said:
Humppa- good points all, but please watch your tone at the end of that post.. I've spent roughly five hundred hours on this so far, so I know there's progress to be made but please respect the process and work required and I'll show you the same respect by implementing requests :)

We appreciate your work. This is turning into the only mod worth using for FO1. Are you planning on taking apart the Fallout update mod by Pal for any other content? or is that to buggy to consider?

Dude101 said:
Sduibek said:

We appreciate your work. This is turning into the only mod worth using for FO1. Are you planning on taking apart the Fallout update mod by Pal for any other content? or is that to buggy to consider?
Oh I should specify that that wasn't a threat or anything, lol.

You talking about the one that adds the 27 NPCs or whatever? Definitely.

Next release will be no code changes for the most part, just getting the modular install configured, then after that i'll be doing map fixes (which would include adding the NPCs as per above)

Might be a while since my HD crashed, but it'll be done eventually for sure :clap:

Be sure most of us like very much your patch/mod.
The few change you made are good for game balance and are "light" enough IMO, even if i can understand some people don't like those.
And like with the restauration project, next release will be ready when it will be ready, we will be still there to enjoy it :D

First a big thank you for this improvement for F1. I`ve been playing F2 with RP 2.1.2b for a while now (it`s awesome) and this made me install F1 for the thousandth time.

I`ve encountered the following issues so far:

[spoiler:eedaeecf21]- I accepted the rescue mission of Tandi from Khan Raiders. After arriving at Khan Raider Camp, all npc`s call me the "Death`s Hand" or something like that. When talking to the Khan Boss, he thinks I`m his dead father.
I was able to use this to my advantage to rescue Tandi nonviolently ("Release Tandi now!")[/spoiler:eedaeecf21]

- CTD when changing areas, this was quite frequent in Vault 15 when changing level with the ropes. Quick saving and numerous tries finally got me out of the Vault.

If asked I will provide more detailed information to the best of my abilities.

I really like this "patch" for F1 and hopefully this will reach similar levels as the Restoration Project in F2. I would definitely welcome a similar installer for this.

Keep up the good work and know that there`s one more fan patiently waiting for more updates :clap:

Fuser said:
[spoiler:2648bd4474]- I accepted the rescue mission of Tandi from Khan Raiders. After arriving at Khan Raider Camp, all npc`s call me the "Death`s Hand" or something like that. When talking to the Khan Boss, he thinks I`m his dead father.
I was able to use this to my advantage to rescue Tandi nonviolently ("Release Tandi now!")[/spoiler:2648bd4474]
:

That's not an issue but is actually a feature that was present in the vanilla game. When you first encounter the raiders, if you're a male character with a Luck of 9 or 10, then there's a 50% chance they'll mistake you for the deceased previous leader of the Khans.

However, if you're not a male, or your Luck isn't that high, then it is indeed an issue.

Ah, ok. Then it most likely is not an issue, since I used Falche to boost my luck for this male playthrough (wanted to see what 10 luck would bring to the game).

The CTD`s seem to have been an issue only with Vault 15 and the ropes so far. I`ve been to Junktown, Hub and Brotherhood and no problems.

I`ve had some difficulties with the weapon dropping of npc`s. Either the weapon does not drop (and it cannot be found in the inventory), or it lies underneath the corpse where it is not possible to pick it up.

Is this a know issue with the weapon drop mod?

Various problems (may not be FIXT problems)

Hi, I'm playing Fallout for the first time and have FIXT 0.99961 installed. I've had a few problems which I'll list below (I've never played FO before so I'm sorry in advance if these problems have nothing to do with FIXT).

1. I'm in June 2162 and some towns (the Necropolis, the Hub and the Boneyard are the ones I've noticed so far) have been invaded by super mutants and everyone is dead. In the main FIXT thread it says "NOTE THAT CURRENTLY THE INVASIONS ARE DISABLED", does that mean invasions have somehow been enabled in my game or is that note referring to something else? Is there any way to fix this (the only town I care about is the Boneyard since I hadn't even visited there yet)?

2. When I try to give the systolic motivator to the Brotherhood of Steel tech (for the fix the broken power armour quest) the screen goes permanently black. Once that happens I have to kill the game from Task Manager and reload.

3. I'm experiencing random CTDs when travelling around the Hub/Necropolis/Glow area. It doesn't happen every time so it's not a huge problem.

Thanks for any help (and sorry again if these problems have nothing to do with FIXT).

My setup is: New character on clean install of Fallout 1 from a UK-version CD with FIXT 0.99961 copied over the top. I'm launching it via 64-bit OS.bat. No other mods or changes.

Re: Various problems (may not be FIXT problems)

Pike said:
Hi, I'm playing Fallout for the first time and have FIXT 0.99961 installed. I've had a few problems which I'll list below (I've never played FO before so I'm sorry in advance if these problems have nothing to do with FIXT).

1. I'm in June 2162 and some towns (the Necropolis, the Hub and the Boneyard are the ones I've noticed so far) have been invaded by super mutants and everyone is dead. In the main FIXT thread it says "NOTE THAT CURRENTLY THE INVASIONS ARE DISABLED", does that mean invasions have somehow been enabled in my game or is that note referring to something else? Is there any way to fix this (the only town I care about is the Boneyard since I hadn't even visited there yet)?

2. When I try to give the systolic motivator to the Brotherhood of Steel tech (for the fix the broken power armour quest) the screen goes permanently black. Once that happens I have to kill the game from Task Manager and reload.

3. I'm experiencing random CTDs when travelling around the Hub/Necropolis/Glow area. It doesn't happen every time so it's not a huge problem.

Thanks for any help (and sorry again if these problems have nothing to do with FIXT).

My setup is: New character on clean install of Fallout 1 from a UK-version CD with FIXT 0.99961 copied over the top. I'm launching it via 64-bit OS.bat. No other mods or changes.
Damn, those are pretty major bugs. :( Thanks for the reports everyone. Anyone experiencing crashes please send me all your savegames (all 10 slots), your Fallout.cfg, and vault13.gam (in folder data/data). Please just PM me a link to a zip or rar of the files above. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I need to let you know that my hard drive crashed a few weeks ago (RAID-0, yay, lesson learned) so currently I cannot do any significant modding. I'll do my best to fix the major bugs (crashing, etc) by downloading the mod myself and unpacking the scripts, but unfortunately I have no timeline whatsoever as to a release.

I apologize, if it were my decision i'd quit my day job to work on fun projects like this. And, yknow, magically have enough money to run data recovery on my RAID ;)

I feel terrible about this, because I hate hate HATE crash-to-desktop and such (cough Oblivion and Fallout 3 cough), so it really pisses me off that my mod is doing that and there's no simple way for me to go in and fix it :(

EDIT: This mod IS NOT DEAD, just consider this an unfortunate setback. I will absolutely get to a point of modularly-installable non-Beta release... it just is going to take longer that i'd like. Thanks for your support and understanding thus far, I truly appreciate everyone's input :salute:

Back