Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Tungu said:
She has, but in a new game only - I wasn't able to make her sell books when loading from old save (exiting to world, other maps, resave etc.).

I suppose next is subject to "further fix / improve Stapleton's bartering", but still: when using Steal on her, dialog window pops up to prevent it, but if you exit from dialog by answer 2, you get to the steal interface.
With any current patch/mod i've played, it's possible to abuse the game by stealing infinite books from her (she generates 5x of each one in barter, and they never get deleted properly). I remember playing 1.3.5 and seeing upwards of 20-30 of each book in her inventory....

I'll look into the issue with my steal-goes-to-barter workaround, thank you for that information.

Any suggestions are welcomed :mrgreen:

-- Dogs now bark and such.

Nooooooooooooo!
6420noooooooooo.jpg

I have 6 dogs, so I don't want to hear dogs barking plus anybody remember the annoying ass dog that howled during the VB tech demo?

Mr. Nixon said:
I have 6 dogs, so I don't want to hear dogs barking plus anybody remember the annoying ass dog that howled during the VB tech demo?
ohhhhhhhh oops. I should have specified it's just text, not audio ;)

Great fixes there Sduibek...but once you start on improving a game, it never ends. Hopefully the new critters I'm fixing will be able to make into Fallout 1, eventually. :mrgreen:

.Pixote. said:
Great fixes there Sduibek...but once you start on improving a game, it never ends. Hopefully the new critters I'm fixing will be able to make into Fallout 1, eventually. :mrgreen:
Tell me about it. But hey, it's all in good fun. Plus, i've modded many games but never actually released a mod, so this has been a satisfying experience for me already :clap:

Send me a PM about the new critters please!

Well personally I don't really like the idea of showing the karma that have been lost or given it reveals that what we doing is good or bad though there are certain cases when the player could be sure that his action are bad but I think it would be good to keep the player in the dark...

I don't like to see karma / reputation changes in the log window. If you want to and can, you should make it optional.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Figured i'd ask since it's possible to set that up in Fallout2 using timeslip or whatever. If I do it i'll make it an optional version :)

Hi, I tried your mod compilation yesterday and it rocks; however, Miss Stapleton now doesn't refresh her inventory (limiting her stock to only 5 book each). I Don't know whether this is intentional or not, but I feel she should restock (or else her "bookstore" is more like a small pile of books).

Bableves said:
Hi, I tried your mod compilation yesterday and it rocks; however, Miss Stapleton now doesn't refresh her inventory (limiting her stock to only 5 book each). I Don't know whether this is intentional or not, but I feel she should restock (or else her "bookstore" is more like a small pile of books).
That is true, unfortunately she's a bit broken in this version. I'll have the next version up this week and with that, she restocks books each week.

Alright, it's time someone asks for this so I'll do it!

Sduibek, would you kindly include Gauss weaponry in this super-mod of yours? Just a pistol and a rifle, with some 100 or 200 amno, at The Glow, will suffice.

That would be pretty sweet, I would like to pwn some nubs with my Gauss Rifle in FO1. However, don't you think that it might break game balance or something? Especially since getting it at the Glow would make it available even before you get the laser pistol and stuff from the BoS. Maybe it would be better to make it available after you go with the Brotherhood to take down the Military Base or something?

Makenshi said:
Alright, it's time someone asks for this so I'll do it!

Sduibek, would you kindly include Gauss weaponry in this super-mod of yours? Just a pistol and a rifle, with some 100 or 200 amno, at The Glow, will suffice.

I think we should keep the games (Fallout 1 and Fallout 2) as separate as possible...adding the juicy weapons from F2 will screw the game balance IMO. But saying that, many of the scenery pieces from F2 are missing from F1 - the trees for instance, so I'm not against adding that sort of stuff back into the game.

Hmmmm. Yeah, I don't know. I don't really like the idea of bringing the "uber" weapons from FO2 into FO1, although I have indeed considered bringing over some of the more basic ones. I like having more options than less. I don't know how big of an undertaking that will be, however. It would likely require changes to the item list, item stat changes (for balance), map changes, script changes... ugh. Maybe someday ;)

Sduibek, this tool with its plugin(s) http://ollydbg.de/ was used to fix the engine bugs of planescape: torment, i wanted to know if you knew about it and tried to fix anything wiit it?

Back