Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

is there a fix? i'm getting it too
1.jpg

hi guys, any news about the translation? I remember someone had said there will be an update at the beginning of August... Thanks for the info, great job!!!

hi guys, any news about the translation? I remember someone had said there will be an update at the beginning of August... Thanks for the info, great job!!!

Our head translator is currently indisposed, but he'll be back soon. A new translation pack will be available shortly after that.

The update will be tomorrow guys. Sorry I just got back home and I'm tired as hell but I'm super excited to finally post the update. Forgive me and thank everyone for waiting so long.
That's great to hear, glad to see your doing good, you and everyone that's worked on this have done an amazing job.

Ok here we go.
The latest and 100% playable version is here, I want to thank personally everyone working on this, its been a long and rough journey but we did it and we managed to do it in just one year (how naive I was when I thought it can be done in two months). But... My and Snikers work is far from finished, we still need to make this translation shine, there might be files that are broken or unfinished because we just missed it, and Snikers still runs the editing of the project, so you can expect more quality content from our team in the future.
Special thanks to TheChosen1 and Owing for huge support, it could never been done without you guys.
Enough talking, here is the latest version in all its glory, please enjoy (and be nice to report any problem to me or other team members).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aspotmnn2qdmbix/Translation V0.1.zip?dl=0

Is Reno and any other town fully edited in this update?

Thanks so much to everyone involved in this project!

Hi guys, I must say FON is huge and on par with Fallout II if not even better imho!

English translation is very good overall, ranging from excellent to somehow difficult to understand, but it's certainly OK overall. (I'm also not a native english speaker)

I'm using the v1.02 translation version, Dionis: your latest translation reads v1.01 is this correct?

Anyway: in v1.02 there are however a few caracters later in the game in Las vegas and salt lake city which have not yet been translated, perhaps they are updated now?

Here is an overview of the characters still in russian and their location (ftom memory, so perhaps not 100% exact):

Las Vegas:
  • the ghoul in the upper right hand corner room in the slums
  • the bartender
  • at least 2 people in the hoover dam

Salt Lake City:
  • the right hand shop keeper at the entrance map
  • the kid in the room in the bussiness center (left hand side of the map)
  • the woman in the room at the renaissance square (left hand side of the map)
  • the guy with the crippled limbs in his house at the ghetto where the artesian tower is
  • the pip boy file for the criminal case 4783 found in the book at the sherrif's office is not translated
  • the pip boy file for the trapped man's notes found in one of the family shelters in the ghetto is not translated

I've encountered some game crashes when entering the area-51 bunker. It looks as if it has something to do when entering combat modus, but i'm not sure, i decided to not enter the base and play on. Anyone else encounter this? I hope this can still be resolved in combination with the current save files (as should be the case with new translations as i've read before?)

Keep up the good work guys!

Hi guys, I must say FON is huge and on par with Fallout II if not even better imho!

English translation is very good overall, ranging from excellent to somehow difficult to understand, but it's certainly OK overall. (I'm also not a native english speaker)

I'm using the v1.02 translation version, Dionis: your latest translation reads v1.01 is this correct?

Anyway: in v1.02 there are however a few caracters later in the game in Las vegas and salt lake city which have not yet been translated, perhaps they are updated now?

Here is an overview of the characters still in russian and their location (ftom memory, so perhaps not 100% exact):

Las Vegas:
  • the ghoul in the upper right hand corner room in the slums
  • the bartender
  • at least 2 people in the hoover dam

Salt Lake City:
  • the right hand shop keeper at the entrance map
  • the kid in the room in the bussiness center (left hand side of the map)
  • the woman in the room at the renaissance square (left hand side of the map)
  • the guy with the crippled limbs in his house at the ghetto where the artesian tower is
  • the pip boy file for the criminal case 4783 found in the book at the sherrif's office is not translated
  • the pip boy file for the trapped man's notes found in one of the family shelters in the ghetto is not translated

I've encountered some game crashes when entering the area-51 bunker. It looks as if it has something to do when entering combat modus, but i'm not sure, i decided to not enter the base and play on. Anyone else encounter this? I hope this can still be resolved in combination with the current save files (as should be the case with new translations as i've read before?)

Keep up the good work guys!
All save files work with any translation version, and the characters you've mentioned are also done, plus the edited Reno is in the update too.
About your issue with area 51... I never had any crashes there, and this area is important for the story so I feel bad you can't play it.
I will keep the problem in mind maybe I will encounter it and fix it if it's a dialogue based error.

Is Reno and any other town fully edited in this update?

Unfortunately, New Reno is not quite fully edited. There are still a little over a dozen that I need to touch up. I'll get those done as soon as possible, so they'll be included in whatever is the next pack we send out.

Asking this since I'm pretty bad at installing Fallout 2 stuff, the translation for text is perfect but the UI still has some things in Russian (weapon, MAP & CHA buttons). Is that how it's meant to be in the current version? It doesn't impact gameplay at all but I just want to be sure I've installed it properly before I jump into this exciting mod. Thanks once again to everyone's massive effort for bringing this to a larger community.

Asking this since I'm pretty bad at installing Fallout 2 stuff, the translation for text is perfect but the UI still has some things in Russian (weapon, MAP & CHA buttons). Is that how it's meant to be in the current version? It doesn't impact gameplay at all but I just want to be sure I've installed it properly before I jump into this exciting mod. Thanks once again to everyone's massive effort for bringing this to a larger community.
No the buttons should be in English, check if you have the correct game version that is in my signature.

All save files work with any translation version, and the characters you've mentioned are also done, plus the edited Reno is in the update too.
About your issue with area 51... I never had any crashes there, and this area is important for the story so I feel bad you can't play it.
I will keep the problem in mind maybe I will encounter it and fix it if it's a dialogue based error.

Installed the new translation: works like a charm! Thanks!

still gotta go back and test area-51...

Edit: the pip boy files (jay's message, criminal case 4783 and trapped man's notes) are still in russian though...

Last edited:
No the buttons should be in English, check if you have the correct game version that is in my signature.
I had an older version and have reinstalled with your signature's version but still have menu / UI stuff in Russian. Same with parts of the character select screen before playing, SPECIAL, etc. I'm just running the .exe and overwriting the files with the translation after it's installed, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :puppy-dog:

Back