Fallout: The Frontier - Released!

I found this on the Frontier sub reddit.

I have to have to ask why the thigh high boots?

Also don't look at the OP's profile.

Interesting thing about Dr. Voss. If you talk to Wrench after the Enclave space station, she basically says he started started speaking with a German accent one day.

Hans%2C_get_the_flammenwerfer....jpg

Interesting thing about Dr. Voss. If you talk to Wrench after the Enclave space station, she basically says he started started speaking with a German accent one day.
I'm gonna be honest, I find it a little endearing the way that the other main quest writers worked around the awful NCR MQ content and made it easier to deal with or explain away.

I wanna play The Frontier out of morbid curiosity. Like rubbernecking after a car crash, but with more alcohol involved beforehand. Potentially, at least.
Do you want to become like Sam Neil in the movie In The Mouth of Madness? That's what gonna happen to you.

Do you want to become like Sam Neil in the movie In The Mouth of Madness? That's what gonna happen to you.

That's what I tried to warn him about, but judging by the response he acknowledged my message.

Last edited:
keeps the blood from pooling the legs when they are pulling 6 Gs in a fighter jet.

Or, I have much simpler answer. Artist went rule of cool route, what I mean it looks cool, but practicality is questionable, good examples are Dante's (from DMC4) and Jotaro's (from JJBA Stardust Crusaders) character designs, they have too many belts, pictures provided below.

jotaro-jjba-asb-mainartwork.png

Devil-May-Cry-4-Dante-Gaming-Coat.jpg

Last edited:
Or, I have much simpler answer. Artist went rule of cool route, what I mean it looks cool, but practicality is questionable, good examples are Dante's (from DMC4) and Jotaro's (from JJBA Stardust Crusaders) character designs, they have too many belts, pictures provided below.
Reminds me of that one Kingdom Hearts character me and my buddy were laughing at (just looked it up, his name is DiZ). He has like, a belt over his eye like an eyepatch and another one over his forehead. So goofy.

DiZ.png

I like how the Courier is in a FPS game now since they are now cursed with full blown cutscene incompetence straight out of Call of Duty and FarCry where the only way for events to advance is for your character become dumb long enough to get injured or captured. Funny considering the Courier is walking weapon of mass destruction and my Courier could uppercut a fucking Giant Roboscorpion into the fucking sky, so the idea of a tribal in football pads taking them down is laughable.
It's pretty jarring. The Courier is so capable and resourceful in the base game, almost always on top of any situation they come across. Then the mod is like "An explosion went off two feet from you, now you're almost dead and need an OC to save you."

It's pretty jarring. The Courier is so capable and resourceful in the base game, almost always on top of any situation they come across. Then the mod is like "An explosion went off two feet from you, now you're almost dead and need an OC to save you."

Isn't this a method in every fanfic works? Nerfing MC or throwing it to the mud to make OC look better.

Last edited:
Another thing that gets me is how the writers handled politics in this mod.
The pervious Fallouts and New Vegas handled politics well and with some humor. In Fallout 2 when you talk to the Enclave Comm Officer about Richardson his response is:
"I didn't vote for him. I thought he was too interested in getting laid. I prefer a candidate that's too old to get it up anymore…keeps their mind on the job more."
There was also this joke, I remember it but can't remember how it goes. Been so long since I played Fallout 2, in that an Enclave member talks about being a Republican. It was actually kind of witty and clever. Like you would see from Golden Age Simpsons. Now lets look at Fallout 3. We had the cannibals of Andale who wouldn't stop going on about being Republicans and how they would never vote for beatnik commie Liberals. It was so on the nose and terrible. My boyfriend is a Lefty Liberal and he hated Andale so much in Fallout 3. Not because of any love for the Republicans but because of how on the nose they were. There was no wit, nuance or cleverness to be found in Bethesda dialogue.
Now lets look at the Frontier:
VvTwk1P.png

Again, no nuance or wit in this dialogue. Now the Frontier devs will say, "Oh, this was suppose to be Wild Wasteland!" Yet there is nothing funny about it unlike the base game Wild Wasteland. It feels like the Andale cannibals from Fallout 3. Given that the Frontier devs are Fallout 3 fanboys I wouldn't be surprised if Andale was an inspiration with the Enclave in the Frontier. The difference between a joke and grandstanding is the delivery and boy oh boy do Bethesda and the Frontier writers have horrible delivery.

Back