Fallout: The Frontier - Released!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Jan 15, 2021.

1. WonderGlueSniffer

WonderGlueSniffer First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2020
    Big ol' craters here and there

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. cordelionreaver

cordelionreaver Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 29, 2015
    There rubble here and there. I would say it is like DC in Fallout 3.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Dayglow Drifter

Dayglow Drifter Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 25, 2018
    The city really lucked out all things considered, enough nuclear detonations to create a nuclear winter and yet all that seems to have happened on the ground is a bunch of broken windows.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  4. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 7, 2015
    As more and more games are made, it seems that the only cities in the world that actually got destroyed were LA and Salt Lake City. In Fallout 3 of course, the capital of the nation remains intact, with the only iconic building that wasn't destroyed in the war (never mind two centuries of decay) being the White House. In Fallout 4, I think that there are three large craters scattered around that have absolutely no destruction surrounding them, and overall the city is very much intact, except for the one fuck big one that has some reason rendered the area surrounding it into something like the surface of Venus (weird the Chinese didn't use these every time). Finally, I believe West Virginia received zero nukes... despite the fact that it was a renewed center of mining and high-tech development, host to several nuclear missile silos and other strategic targets (including the primary continuity of government facility), and is, y'know, an entire fucking state.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  5. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    Actually, according to Tgspy, they said they choose Portland because the city is by a river, the Columbia River. That was the only thought they put into it. They wanted to have a city by a river. Now, as I have said before, the Pacific Northwest is more mild and wet then snowy. They could have, as you said, decided to make Portland snowy because "it would be cool!".
    Portland should have been like what Randall Clark described Salt Lake City. A crater with a bunch of twisted rubble. Portland is a major city in the Pacific Northwest as it is a major port city. The busiest port district in the Pacific Northwest. Lot of things get shipped in and out of there, including military equipment. Naval ships and submarines are also docked there. It is also the most populated city in Oregon. A city of such a population and strategic importance should be a crater. Once again, the writers and devs for this mod went with "Rule of Cool".

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    It does prove to be a fundamental issue with the 3D games that they have to be anchored around a major city for their map, because a flattened mess of girders isn't going to be hugely interesting.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015

I love how the devs, and many other modders in general, seem to miss the point of Lonesome Road. In Lonesome Road the Courier was just doing a mundane job of delivering a package for the NCR. Something routine for them. The package ended up being a denotator for the ICBM 's in Hopeville. The point of the DLC was to show how even something mundane or routine, without us even knowing, can make an impact, for better or worse. The Courier didn't have to feel guilt for what happened. They didn't know what was in the package and was just the delivery boy/girl.
    From New California and now The Frontier they are like; "This is your fault! You caused this! You should feel bad!" These devs desperately try to add some guilt trip or motivation for a character that is supposed to be a blank slate and an avatar for the player. I can't help but roll my eyes whenever modders do this. They don't seem to understand the core elements of an RPG.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  8. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017

It shows four fucking checks on that pic, but i would bet there's other checks for the remaining SPECIAL stats. And they are all for the same purpose, which is just insane.

This whole thing has more checks than a lot of quests in New Vegas, and it has more checks than the majority of Fallout 3 and specially Fallout 4. They wanted every single character build to able to fuck that deathclaw, which is just insanity.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  9. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. Eshanas

Eshanas Vault Dweller

Jul 6, 2016
    New York will probably just have a hole in NOHO if they ever get to it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    This is hilarious.
    Can you actually say no to this? I can't see the option

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 12, 2020
    Okay I get that nuclear war works differently in the fallout universe but a localized nuclear winter is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard.

On the other hand, the idea that all the dust and ash kicked up by the bombs formed into a giant cloud that floats around the atmosphere doesn’t sound so bad. Could even have been the cause of the Great Winter (or whatever it’s called) in the 2130s.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    There's a "no" option at the bottom, but it also leads to a fade to black.

No Divine Intervention can work in this place, there's no escape.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  15. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    I stand corrected, THIS IS HILARIOUS

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    Another thing I loathe love about this mod is how the modders try to shoehorn the Courier to feeling guilty about what happened to Wolfpack and to whoever you sacrificed on the Wolfenstein space station. They seem to have forgotten, once again, that each player plays their Courier differently. Now, a good aligned Courier may feel guilt for what happened but a Neutral or Evil Courier probably won't. A Neutral Courier would probably be someone similar to Mad Max in that their outlook would be; "This is the wasteland. People die. It was of their own free will that they choose to die. Sometimes one must make hard choices to survive."
    An Evil Courier wouldn't have given two shits about the people that died under his/her watch and would probably be like; "Good riddance. Serves them right for being so weak. I only regret not putting the bullet in them myself."
    I am so tired of modders trying to add motivations and guilt to a character that is suppose to be a blank slate. It isn't thought provoking or shocking. It is just pretentious and annoying and it makes you look arrogant and insecure.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  17. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008

the fuck is this retarded crap. here this is what I want you to feel in my hack fanfiction.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  18. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    Writers: "You feel bad about this."
    Courier: "...Not really, no."
    Writers: "YOU. FEEL. BAD. ABOUT. THIS."

I hate this shit so much. Spec Ops The Line railed road you to killing all those people with white phosphorus and then kept telling you that you were a bad person for doing this even though you couldn't progress though the game without doing it. People hated Spec Ops for that. Now I am all for giving players negative consequences for their actions. Something that RPG's nowadays lack but you shouldn't make them feel guilt for a choice you forced them to make. Doing so makes you look like a hack.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. 1Punman

1Punman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 29, 2021
    The duality of man

Too bad I don't care about NPC's though, they are flat as plank, or rather I feel more emotionally invested into piece of wood than any of the characters in this mod.

Yeah, I borked reasoning by my limited knowledge of Ancient Rome, saw a correlation where there wasn't, because Italian fascio was derived from Latin fasces. Thank you for the feedback though, I need to refresh my memory about Roman history.

P.S.

Yes, there were two posts, but as usual I can't do anything right.

1587629587356.gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  20. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    I like how the Courier is in a FPS game now since they are now cursed with full blown cutscene incompetence straight out of Call of Duty and FarCry where the only way for events to advance is for your character become dumb long enough to get injured or captured. Funny considering the Courier is walking weapon of mass destruction and my Courier could uppercut a fucking Giant Roboscorpion into the fucking sky, so the idea of a tribal in football pads taking them down is laughable.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3