Fallout: The Movie

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Guest, Jan 20, 2000.

1. CapNot

CapNot First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2010
    They did great job with Vigo Mortensen on "the road" movie.
    Why don't try Orlando Bloom for the Fallout one ? :wink:

2. lucas.

lucas. Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 7, 2010
    Fallout movie? It would be like a retarded version for Mad Max... xP

Chuck Norris is cool, but kids ruined him.

3. the_cpl

the_cpl Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 9, 2009
    I hope they don't make it PG13. The movie must have horror scenes with gore and violence. If a story is filled with crazy monsters, gangs, and dangerous situations, you can't solve the problems with smooth talk.

:twisted:

4. PowahAwemah

PowahAwemah First time out of the vault

Jun 5, 2010
    Lando can. With the help of the colt 45!

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes. Yes he can

6. Empty09

Empty09 Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 26, 2009
  7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Here is the first in a long list of improbable choices - How about Telly Savalas as the Vault dweller…sucking on a lollypop. :P

8. Bud389

Bud389 First time out of the vault

Jun 22, 2010
    Not that old, he's still doing movies.

9. Unfitg0d0fwar

Unfitg0d0fwar First time out of the vault

Jun 23, 2010
    yea but we are gamers and we can only hope which our hopes will always be shattered, theres really only 1 good game to movie ever and that is silent hill it was bad storyline wise but other than that thats the best game to movie

10. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    I haven't seen it but I've heard the Postal movie was actually quite good (despite being a Uwe Boll film).

The average user score on metacritic is a lot higher than the rest of Boll's video game movies (and a lot higher than the film's own metascore).

11. Unfitg0d0fwar

Jun 23, 2010
    meh the was kinda dumb considering that it was a funny movie but the game didnt present itself like that

12. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    How about Gomer Pyle as the next improbable choice for the Vault dweller…:lol:

13. Unfitg0d0fwar

Jun 23, 2010
    actually have any of you guys seen the college movie project on youtube it was done very well imHo and the main character per se was a small child here is the link if anyone is curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASaw9Yl_BU&feature=related and if the character was a girl i definitly think michele rodrigez could apture the wastland type person feeling.

14. SerbianWarrior

SerbianWarrior It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 30, 2010
    Hm,a fallout movie huh?
    I dont know, adaptations generally suck, the only one i didnt hate was Hitman, apart from that, Prince of Persia, Max Payne and Resident Evil are not good movies.
    Same goes for games,but some games,like fallout use references and draw inspiration from movies and books,rather than making a adaptation, i guess its not going to be too bad if its ,,loosely based'' on the fallout universe,and obviously it depends who will be making the movie,on that note,anyone but Uwe Boll,the man is living proof of why game to movie adaptations dont work.

15. Unfitg0d0fwar

Jun 23, 2010
    ok so i watched the book of eli recently oh my gawd this movie is perfect for that fallout wasteland type feeling if they added a couple thing it would be an exact replica of a fallout movie i say if you are interested in seeing a fallout movie watch the book of eli it has that good wasteland feeling only problem is the storyline doesn't at all go with fallout other than that its good

16. SerbianWarrior

SerbianWarrior It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 30, 2010
    Yeah but The Book of Eli is not based on fallout ;)
    Besides, being a post apocalyptic movie,it will have similarities with Fallout.Didnt watch it though,i want to but something always stops me, love Gary Oldman!

17. DirkGently

DirkGently Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 2, 2010
    Jeffery Falcon who was in this movie, which is the post-apoc movie ever. Ever. :colbert:

A Fallout movie would be absolutely terrible since there would be no real interaction. And that's not what Fallout is about.

18. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I think Benny Hill should be considered for the role…of the Vault Dweller… :look:

19. DirkGently

DirkGently Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 2, 2010
    Jason Statham. Any actual Fallout movie would obviously be an action movie, and Jason Statham is pretty goddamn good at being in action movies.

Ultimately, you'd want somebody new to everything, and frankly, I'd like that in the casting all over the place. Have some people playing a familiar or referential role be some famous actors (Ron Perlman, Mel Gibson, etc), but a relatively unknown (to us anyway) actor/actress to be the Vault Dweller. Actually, no. Somebody needs to go to China and dig up Jeffery Falcon. He'd be the best Vault Dweller.

A movie wouldn't be good for Fallout. However, a sort webisode-oriented type show would be great. It wouldn't be able to update that frequently, but you could have polls for the viewers to design the character, and then some polls/options for them to vote for the characters decisions; most things would be based on his established personality, but any large/important type choice could be left up to the viewers. Or give them the chance to alter his personality based on the events that happen.

EG, after watching his friend murdered by raiders, his personality could be shifted (via player poll) towards becoming a more renegade, maverick type who might work with a rival gang to hurt the one who hurt his friend, or work with the local sheriff/lawful types to bring them down differently, or avoid raiders all together, or avoid people, etc. Or a mix of all of it. He could become a revenge obsessed "eye for an eye" character or not.