Fallout: The Movie

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
They did great job with Vigo Mortensen on "the road" movie.
Why don't try Orlando Bloom for the Fallout one ? :wink:

Fallout movie? It would be like a retarded version for Mad Max... xP

Chuck Norris is cool, but kids ruined him.

I hope they don't make it PG13. The movie must have horror scenes with gore and violence. If a story is filled with crazy monsters, gangs, and dangerous situations, you can't solve the problems with smooth talk.

image3.jpg

:twisted:

the_cpl said:
I hope they don't make it PG13. The movie must have horror scenes with gore and violence. If a story is filled with crazy monsters, gangs, and dangerous situations, you can't solve the problems with smooth talk.

image3.jpg

:twisted:

Lando can. With the help of the colt 45!

Here is the first in a long list of improbable choices - How about Telly Savalas as the Vault dweller…sucking on a lollypop. :P

Kojak.jpg

Professor Danger! said:
There should be NO MORE MOVIES BASED OFF OF VIDEOGAMES. Have you people not learned this lesson yet?!

yea but we are gamers and we can only hope which our hopes will always be shattered, theres really only 1 good game to movie ever and that is silent hill it was bad storyline wise but other than that thats the best game to movie

Unfitg0d0fwar said:
yea but we are gamers and we can only hope which our hopes will always be shattered, theres really only 1 good game to movie ever and that is silent hill it was bad storyline wise but other than that thats the best game to movie
I haven't seen it but I've heard the Postal movie was actually quite good (despite being a Uwe Boll film).

The average user score on metacritic is a lot higher than the rest of Boll's video game movies (and a lot higher than the film's own metascore).

Reconite said:
Unfitg0d0fwar said:
I haven't seen it but I've heard the Postal movie was actually quite good (despite being a Uwe Boll film).

The average user score on metacritic is a lot higher than the rest of Boll's video game movies (a lot higher than the metascore).

meh the was kinda dumb considering that it was a funny movie but the game didnt present itself like that

Hm,a fallout movie huh?
I dont know, adaptations generally suck, the only one i didnt hate was Hitman, apart from that, Prince of Persia, Max Payne and Resident Evil are not good movies.
Same goes for games,but some games,like fallout use references and draw inspiration from movies and books,rather than making a adaptation, i guess its not going to be too bad if its ,,loosely based'' on the fallout universe,and obviously it depends who will be making the movie,on that note,anyone but Uwe Boll,the man is living proof of why game to movie adaptations dont work.

SerbianWarrior said:
Hm,a fallout movie huh?
I dont know, adaptations generally suck, the only one i didnt hate was Hitman, apart from that, Prince of Persia, Max Payne and Resident Evil are not good movies.
Same goes for games,but some games,like fallout use references and draw inspiration from movies and books,rather than making a adaptation, i guess its not going to be too bad if its ,,loosely based'' on the fallout universe,and obviously it depends who will be making the movie,on that note,anyone but Uwe Boll,the man is living proof of why game to movie adaptations dont work.

ok so i watched the book of eli recently oh my gawd this movie is perfect for that fallout wasteland type feeling if they added a couple thing it would be an exact replica of a fallout movie i say if you are interested in seeing a fallout movie watch the book of eli it has that good wasteland feeling only problem is the storyline doesn't at all go with fallout other than that its good

Yeah but The Book of Eli is not based on fallout ;)
Besides, being a post apocalyptic movie,it will have similarities with Fallout.Didnt watch it though,i want to but something always stops me, love Gary Oldman!

Jason Statham. Any actual Fallout movie would obviously be an action movie, and Jason Statham is pretty goddamn good at being in action movies.

Ultimately, you'd want somebody new to everything, and frankly, I'd like that in the casting all over the place. Have some people playing a familiar or referential role be some famous actors (Ron Perlman, Mel Gibson, etc), but a relatively unknown (to us anyway) actor/actress to be the Vault Dweller. Actually, no. Somebody needs to go to China and dig up Jeffery Falcon. He'd be the best Vault Dweller.

A movie wouldn't be good for Fallout. However, a sort webisode-oriented type show would be great. It wouldn't be able to update that frequently, but you could have polls for the viewers to design the character, and then some polls/options for them to vote for the characters decisions; most things would be based on his established personality, but any large/important type choice could be left up to the viewers. Or give them the chance to alter his personality based on the events that happen.

EG, after watching his friend murdered by raiders, his personality could be shifted (via player poll) towards becoming a more renegade, maverick type who might work with a rival gang to hurt the one who hurt his friend, or work with the local sheriff/lawful types to bring them down differently, or avoid raiders all together, or avoid people, etc. Or a mix of all of it. He could become a revenge obsessed "eye for an eye" character or not.

Back