Fallout TV Series Begins Production

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
According to an exclusive at Deadline the much anticipated Fallout TV series is actually making progress. I remember talking about stuff like this back in 2005 when it was just a dream. Now the nightmare will soon be reality.

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Films, is coming together. Nolan is set to direct the premiere of the series, which is slated to begin production in 2022. Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Captain Marvel) and Graham Wagner (Silicon Valley) have come aboard as showrunners.

Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time,” Joy and Nolan said at the time. “Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios.”

I'm not aware of these people, but the worst that can happen is it becomes more popular, and we get that MMO finally. Amazon will drop it after one or two years like The Tick if it does poorly.

Depends on the show runner, writers and actors. Just look at Cyberpunk Edgerunners, The game was absolute dogshit but Edgerunners was great. I am told similarly about that Arcane show but I refuse to watch anything related to League of Legends on principle.
Are you a recovering league addict?

T
I honestly never watched Dale Cooper or Walton Goggins in a role I did not like. Besides the Westworld showrunner has promise along with Amazon bucks. This forum is just used to rolling in pure misery. When it entertains me and I start posting pics everywhere try not to commit suicide.

Some folks around here just can't enjoy anything. Imagine how miserable their lives must be.

T
I know a (reel) Fallout fan that wants to see Fallout with a decent budget and not Youtube bucks will appreciate something from it at least. Trying to be edgy when most of you guys play Fallout 4 still, never played Atom RPG/UnderRail, never played Tactics, and shit is not gonna fly with me. I am the uber Fallout fan. I know it's all stupid shit in the first place that is entertaining me until I die. Fallout is not the Holy Bible. It's Mad Max with Flash Gordon mixed in and NOW it has lots of 50's clothes. I am fine with that because Mad Max is pretty old hat. Maybe it was Mel Gibson destroying his persona that killed that character for me.

Would anyone here accept and enjoy an official Fallout sequel, be it FO5, or had it been FO3..... if it played like Gwent, or Magic [tg] —or Etherlords?

So even if it was the most arresting fun imaginable—it would be this that was the official Fallout 3, 4, or 5 instead of the Bethesda/Obsidian/Other studio offering.

See... that fits my definition of the wrong kind of fun. Is Fallout Shelter fun? If it is, and if it WAS the official Fallout 3, or later sequel... would that it was merely fun be enough to forgive it for replacing a proper Fallout sequel? Again, wrong kind of fun. :(

This, pretty much. I don't defend the ways in which it's bad, but I still think Oblivion is fun. Doesn't mean I wanted Oblivion with guns as an official Fallout title.

A frequent problem I run into with sequels/spin-offs/etc of things that I already like is that they are not the thing that I liked (often not even attempting to be). The natural reaction is disappointment. Many of the examples I can think at the moment are also bad in their own right, but even if they aren't, I usually wish they were just something new without the baggage of betraying something old.

It also sucks when someone expects me to like something unrelated because someone slapped a label on it. "Hey, they made a show with the title of that thing you like. So you must like it, right?" Then I have to explain how it's actually completely unrelated, then they stop listening, then I go back to mumbling in my rocking chair.

Guys did you forget this is a thread about the tv show and not about wether you like Fallout 3 and 4? I know it's pretty brave here to state you dislike the Bethesda Fallouts, but try to keep your brave heroic speeches to the 1000 threads about that topic lol

about the tv show and not about wether you like Fallout 3 and 4?
One in the same topic; AMZ/FO will be based upon Bethesda, not Interplay. Not liking FO3 & 4 is not liking the show. Bethesda screwed up the world setting. If AMZ uses it, it means the show is screwed up from the outset at base premise.

Last edited:
Gets kinda boring seeing you guys post the exact same paragraph every thread. I get it, Beth Fallout sucks, I think they suck as well, most of the forum agrees, can we discuss anything without just seeing the same post in different form? lol

You know now that @Walpknut mentioned it, in regards to all the "Bethesda sucks" talk in this thread.

Here's a pic created by good ole Roshambo!
TAKE THAT SHILLS!!! :newevil: :twisted:

1469-1157841527-8ff0b2806e6a0535b5c49f316c9c0913.jpg

Last edited:
D
Am I the only one who didn't like Edgerunners?

Trigger's art style is bleh and the story is just 'wow mini mech'

I have no clue how the story would be "wow mini mech" like what sleeping pills did you take before watching not even a single episode?

T
Gets kinda boring seeing you guys post the exact same paragraph every thread. I get it, Beth Fallout sucks, I think they suck as well, most of the forum agrees, can we discuss anything without just seeing the same post in different form? lol
This is something that will change when I flush this forum full of Bethesdafags which are just as cool as Obsidianfags imo since both kinda suck. The only difference will be these people will ADMIT THEY PLAY THE GAMES while lots of people here act cool and secretly play them. I prefer people that are honest and not try hard. A large portion of people here mod Fallout 4 and play it. I don't know how they manage to enjoy it but they do. They don't come on here and brag about it though. Because of this boring "Bethesda bad derrrrr" shit that has stagnated this site for a decade.

So how about you fags comment on something to do with actual TV show and movie production? Not something to do with a fucking game dev? Research who is working on every aspect of the show and post what other work they did. Or just say Bethesda bad deerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and get cool points.

PS Bethesda bad.

D
I have no clue how the story would be "wow mini mech" like what sleeping pills did you take before watching not even a single episode?

Oh I'm sorry what is it they go out to the badlands to get from Militech and the little shit pathetically tries to use against Adam Smasher again? What is it that Tenpenny or whoever - six eyes - is bragging about returning to Arasaka?

So all you got from that entire series was "wow mini mech"? What sleeping pills did you take for you to miss the entire point of the series? This is some advanced media illiteracy holy shit.

D
So all you got from that entire series was "wow mini mech"? What sleeping pills did you take for you to miss the entire point of the series? This is some advanced media illiteracy holy shit.

Alright then genius, lay out how the psyop tricked you into thinking this trigger-cdpr collab to rekindle sales of a game they barely care for somehow has a point?

No. It's about big super mutant muscles.

Any story elements in Edgecoomers is window dressing for the Trigger label and flashy, stylish fights.

Born to die.
Kill is a fuck.
Cyberpsycho babykiller 3000.
10 kajillion dead corpos.

Back