First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. youlstn

youlstn First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2015
    I don't know, but it would be pretty frustrating if they put a Wattz Consumer Electronics store in the game but left out all of the Wattz weapons.

2. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    Does anyone else get random frame drops? And also how thy fuck do I snap walls together? Not the prefabs.

3. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    As much as I loved new Vegas, I most certainly agree that is giving the story way too much credit.

You can definitely tell the story was written, and then picked back up 10 years later by people who were in different places in their lives by then.

4. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Conan O'Brien uploaded a fallout 4 themed cold open, but it was recently taken down. Did anyone besides me just catch that ? He was in a a skintight Vault Suit and looked and felt silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waFxtWuTsso

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  5. Shardik

Shardik Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 5, 2015
    Time to update the "Indian trash sites whoring for that sweet, sweet clickbait moolah" list. :)

International Business Times
    Destructoid
    PC World
    GameKult
    gamecritics.com
    ArsTechnica
    Mashable
    Huffington Post
    Time
    Cheat Code Central
    RPGamer

That's all I can find right now. If I've missed any please let me know.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  6. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    Edit - See the post below.

7. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
  8. randy Mc rupp

randy Mc rupp INTERNET HATE MACHINE

May 6, 2007
    Today I learned of the Gaming Hipster. :grin:

Apparently anyone who criticizes Fallout 4 does so to be KEEEEWL.

I've played it for about 6 hours now and while it had some nice moments every single conversation was utter bullshit so far.

9. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    The animations there were stellar.

Was that really 30+ seconds of loading time? Maybe I'm spoiled with my ssd, but new vegas and skyrim dont take nearly that long to load for me even with level 50ish save games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  10. Shardik

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh really? And I thought we were all just on the payroll for Activision or CD Projekt Red. No wonder I haven't gotten my damn check yet.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    Rabid, foaming at the mouth, cultist fanboys say the darnest things.:wink:

12. Shardik

Nov 5, 2015
    I saw a video a couple of days ago that showed 30-second load times on the PS4. I've heard that PC load times are much faster, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  13. Shardik

Nov 5, 2015
    FWIW, the PC issues board at the Bethesda forum is up to 78 threads now. The game's about 20 minutes away from going live in the eastern US - got a feeling the shit's about to get real.

A couple of threads are over there are from people who say they got Pip Boy editions that shipped without Steam keys.

14. Butcher

Butcher First time out of the vault

Oct 19, 2015
    Don't mind me, just standing in the water.

And under water.

But where is the other boob?

Attached Files:

• [Like] [Like] x 11
  15. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    Played the game for 12 hours straight and the writing was worse than a Michael Bay movie.

Dialogues are so forced and cringey I had to skip most of them(you dont lose anything by skipping since most of the talk is summarized at the end most of the time).

They really improved shooting and general feel of combat but forgot to put other things in the game other than shooting and crafting.

Settlement builder is really good and I enjoyed it a lot but its clunky and feels a bit limited(maybe Ill unlock more parts or maybe there will be a dlc about it).

Game crashed 5 or 6 times in that 10 hour marathon, but I dont know how can a game with 2010 visuals crash while Witcher 3 runs on ultra(hairworks off, shadow medium, rest is at max). Also crashed to desktop two times before I could see the main menu when I started game. Loading times were a bit long too.

A 5/10 game at best. A weird mix of Borderlands, Mass Effect, early-access survival game and a Bethesda open world game and not a good rpg in the slightest.

But mods will fix it!!!! XDDDDDD Yeah right.

EDIT: I also liked how they handled the power armor.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  16. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
  17. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    Hope it plummets further.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  18. Giax

Giax It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 13, 2015
    I watched some gameplays, no way I'm gonna spend more than 10 euros on this crap. I really, really, liked their take on power armor: the feeling, the simple exoskeleton which can be wore even without all the pieces, the animations... it's pretty cool, but that could be just me and my fixation for big bad armors.
    That said, everything else feels like pure shit, starting to quests and ending with a shotgun with literally infinity ammo and no need to reload.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    Love the reviews of people giving it a 10/10 in order to combat the "haters". :rofl: So pathetic. Many of the negative scores have brought up good reasons why the game got a low score for their review.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    I find it amazing that these people spend more time defending this shit on the internet than actually playing this 10/10 gem.

• [Like] [Like] x 3