First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I am just glad that we have been spared from most of the Bethesda drones. No seriously, compared to Fallout 3s release ... this is pretty quiet. Outside of the few Bethesda apologetics that wandered in here, this was really not that bad.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  2. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    Power armors are pretty good in the game and really fun to customize. But its so stupid how many power armors are out there in the game. They dont feel unique state of the art machinery from pre-war that is invaluable since there is no way to reproduce them.

Someone(dont remember who) in this forum said that they are the Hot Rods of FO4 and he was right.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Giax

Giax It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 13, 2015
    That's true, it's simply another of those elements you can only appreciate when you shut down your brain.

4. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    I think we are witnessing the calm before the storm but I hope you are right and things remain quiet but then again what fun would that be. :wink:

5. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    Also, they--and the ones that were already here--didn't have much to say nor did they stick around to fan the flames like usual it seems.

6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I would guess there are also a lot more communities out there dedicated to Fallout now and people tend to stay in their own realms for the most part. I mean NMA and DaC have been quite alone for a long time.

7. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    Wow this game is getting a lot of hate for its PC port over on Metacritic. I think we maybe seeing the Arkham Knight fiasco all over again.

8. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    Well, the average user scores are roughly the same across all platforms. So, I guess, it's not the port quality to blame.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    This Bethesda drone had bought the game yesterday on midnight release and played it for 3 hours.

Things i like:
    - graphics. I play on the PS4 and game looks as good as GTA 5 or Witcher 3. People are really whining for no reason aboutthe graphics.
    - The worldbuilding is amazing. It's really fun to explore.
    - SPECIAL system is really fun
    - combat is improved

Things I dislike:
    - dialogue wheel is plainly atrocious. I can't believe that nobody at Bethesda questioned it. Why the fuck couldn't they just do it like Mass Effector Witcher... Who thought that putting a one word summary is a good idea...
    - Character faces look mediocre. Better than before but not like in the Witcher.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Butcher

Butcher First time out of the vault

Oct 19, 2015
    Hm, not in Bethesda's defense, but I've been playing 20x hours on pc and had only a couple of bugs like walking under water, and Piper butt sliding across the wasteland (unfortunately, undocumented.) No crashes or anything like that, though. My husband's been playing on ps4, no big problems there either. I asked two friends who also got the game on steam and they confirmed just some minor bugs as well.

11. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    So, Metacritic.
    PC critic: 89
    PC user: 5.9

Xbox critic: 89
    Xbox user: 6.5

PS4 critic: 91
    PS4 user: 6.5

• [Like] [Like] x 11
  12. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    Lot of people talking and complaining about bugs, the awful dialogue and dialogue wheel and piss poor story. These next couple of days are going to be interesting to say the lest.

13. 13pm

Apr 10, 2007

I see different numbers :)

PC 89/6.0
    PS4 89/6.5
    Xbox 91/7.0

What's interesting is that Xbox scores are higher. Better optimisation? Lower expectations?

14. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    Lots of trolls that just give 0.

Even if they consider it bad it's no way a 0.

So those numbers are just stupid.

15. 13pm

Apr 10, 2007
    Lots of trolls on the other side give it 10. So they kinda outbalance each other.
    Look at the scores for the Witcher 3 for example: the difference in critics vs players scores is minor. And there are people who give it 0 and 10 too.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  16. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    Then how about this one?

User: mindw0rk
    Nov 10, 2015
    Score: 10
    Bad: blurry textures that are about the same quality as vanilla Skyrim, dialogue options are constructed the same way for all chats, occasional stuttering.

Good: story, quests, crafting and town building, balance at highet difficulty.

Amazing: atmosphere, music, world design and details, ability to use power armor, gameplay overal.

He mentions bad things like blurry textures and poor dialogue options as well as stuttering yet gives it a 10. 10 is perfection, perfection has no flaws. Yet he admits to flaws and gives it a 10.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  17. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    And yet all of what I said was in the game. Sure a lot of the storytelling (as in, the way it was told) was clunky (again, thanks to Bethesda's ass engine) but all of it it was in there. I don't get that "ten years later" vibe at all. Considering that they had 18 months to make the game, I think they had the right to use already thought out assets. I'll agree the endings are somewhat lacking, and I'll always be disappointed that we never got to see an expanded Legion.

But ultimately I stand by the great writing. "They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics". I'm not sure there are many other games where you can talk to your own brain then fight alongside a grandma monster with schizophrenia.

On that note, "Who is Antler?! WHO IS ANTLER?!"

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  18. Eternal

Eternal Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2008

That may be true, but there are also a lot of people giving it straight up 0/10 as well. As much as you might dislike this game, and I give FO3 a ton of shit, I don't think you can legitimately call this a 0/10 game. 4~6 is fair. 0/10 should be reserved for a straight up broken game that is unplayable.

Anyways, not just going by the numbers on the reviews it should please most of you to know that currently the negative reviews from users almost out match the reviews of NV even as early on as it is.

Metacritic

FO3 - 8.0(PC) - 8.1(PS3)- Scores 8.6 (360) = 8.23 Average
    Positive - 2,236(PC) - 637 (PS3) - 1,271(3608) = 4144
    Mixed - 399(PC) - 76 (PS3) - 115(360) = 590
    Negative - 349(PC) - 96 (PS3) - 129(360) = 574
    Total votes = 5308

(didn't include FO3GOTY because the numbers are tiny)
    -
    New Vegas - 8.4(PC) - 7.6(PS3) - 8.1(360) = 8.03 average
    Positive - 1,786(PC) - 282(PS3) - 500(360) = 2568
    Mixed - 268 (PC) - 87(PS3) - 126(360) = 481
    Negative - 132(PC) - 51(PS3) - 48(360) = 231
    Total votes = 3280

FO4 - 5.9(PC) - 6.5(PS4) - 7.0(XB1) = 6.46 average
    Positive - 141(PC) - 120(PS4) - 83(XB1) = 344
    Mixed - 31(PC) - 15(PS4) - 6(XB1) = 52
    Negative - 104(PC) - 69 (PS4) - 36(XB1) = 209
    (total votes) = 605

---
    Steam Reviews:
    FO3:
    Positive: 4531
    Negative: 923

FO3 GOTY
    Positive: 10311
    Negative: 1906

NV (Regular and Ultimate Edition are listed together unlike FO3)
    Positive: 31482
    Negative: 1226

FO4
    Positive: 2527
    Negative: 503

Have fun digesting those numbers!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. RollsRhys

RollsRhys Newspaper Hater

Nov 20, 2008
    Like Mr Fish said, if a 0/10 is reserved for a completely broken unplayable game, a 10/10 should be for a 100% perfect flawless game. Both are stupid scores, and it annoys me that someone can list negatives/dislikes and still give a 9.5 or 10.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. siwamat_asperger

siwamat_asperger First time out of the vault

Nov 10, 2015
    Perhaps after this game people will start realizing how bad bethesda games really are. I can't imagine how you can put up with a 30fps lock with huge frame drops and subpar graphics after playing something like Witcher 3.

• [Like] [Like] x 1