Games You're Looking Forward To

Mr Krepe

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
Well, i'm looking forward to XCom, mostly because it looks different to the average alien shoot 'em up, but I heard they've had predecessors (if someone can, could they please elaborate). Another game i'm looking forward to is Dishonoured, which looks really really good as an assassin style game, it looks bit out of the norm, and i'm liking the steam-punk game-style. Finally, Bioshock: Infinite, which looks as good as the original, but I still have my doubts as the second one kinda' disappointed me.

Bioshock: infinite is on my hit list because it seems to be innovating yet keeping bioshocks unique charm. I'm looking forward to seeing how skyrim has turned out. I would be looking forward to some mindless killing on C.O.D but I cannot stand the community full stop anymore

Dont worry about the previous X-Coms, they are generally accepted as terrible games; turning them into an FPS is the way to go since we don't get enough FPSes these days. I can't wait to see the iron sights!

mobucks said:
Dont worry about the previous X-Coms, they are generally accepted as terrible games; turning them into an FPS is the way to go since we don't get enough FPSes these days. I can't wait to see the iron sights!

......Yes, I just did some research, and it seems like another Fallout style situation. Old games look poor, but tend to be brilliant games, being honest, I think the older concept looks good, I like the management screen idea and the combat put on it, so the combat isn't the overriding feature of the game. I can understand how the changing the (can't remember what style of game that is) to first-person can be a real bummer, but from what i've read there is still squad management and stuff along those lines, and yeah, that isn't the same as the original games, but I think it looks good, and that is why I am looking forward to it.

I'm about to buy a 3DS, and all I'll have to play is Ocarina. I can't wait for Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion 2, and a bunch of other games.

I was kind of looking forward to that new Neverwinter game, but now it got pushed back and sold to the guys who made Perfect World, and my money's on them reworking it into another tedious cookie-cutter MMO. Bummer.

I'm also curious about Serious Sam 3. Not excited yet, until I see more, because I love the early titles to death (especially Second Encounter), but SS2 was, for all purposes, a flop. The trailers look like good ol' Sam Stone is back though. If I happen to get spending-happy after my first paycheck in October, I'll definitely grab the "Serious" edition off steam.

And of course I'm still waiting for Mahoyo, but between the constantly delayed release date and the translation projects that'll probably take even longer, who knows how old I'll be when/if I play it.

Red Orchestra 2, Train Simulator 2012 (because they're actually adding significant improvements in this iteration). Sorta looking forward to BF3, but it'll probably be too similar to BC2.

I wonder if Atlus is gonna give at least basic information about Persona5 or Shin Megami Tensei 4, they said production on the first had already started some months ago.

fedaykin said:
Red Orchestra 2

Yeah me too. It's waiting for me in my Steam library..

Will probably end up buying BF3 as well but only in couple of months when the price is lowered.

Not really looking forward to anything inparticular aside from Skyrim. Will be picking up Battlefield 2 or 3 or whatever it is when it comes out since friends have been goading me to play. Was interested in Bioshock Infinite for a while but it seems like it might be too 'different'. Not convinced it will hold the same allure as the first two.

Oh and Mass Effect 3, though I just did 1 and 2 back-to-back so I'm kind of sick of them.

Oh yes, Mass Effect 3, looking forward to that, and yes Skyrim, want to see if Bethesda can continue to murder my once-favourite game series.

Not much, really. Out of the games that have release dates at this point: Dark Souls. Out of the games that have no release date and have had very little exposure: Data-Fly. That's about all I can think of. I also want to say Bioshock: Infinite but I'm very wary of how that game is going to turn out. I enjoyed the story for Bioshock 1, until the plot twist. Rest of the game pretty much goes downhill afterwards. Infinite seems interesting but I'll be skeptical about it until I play it, so I'm certainly not that eager to play it. Mostly because the gameplay was nothing special in the first one. Never bothered with the second Bioshock as it seemed to be nothing more than a mere cash-in. Plus, Rapture died along with Andrew Ryan.

Most of the other games I want have already been released and will pick them up at one point or another.

Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 are the only two I'm really looking forward to.

I'll probably end up getting RO:HOS once it goes on sale for $15 or so. $40 is way too expensive a TWI game.

Man, I want that game so badly it hurts.

Seriously though, they need to come out with that thing that lets us design our characters before the game comes out already.

But back on the terms of the thread, these are the games I've got on pre-order at the moment.

September
-Disgaea 4 (PS3)
- Space Marine (PC)

October
- Dark Souls (PS3)
- RAGE (PC)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (PS3)

November
-Saint's Row: The Third (PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (PS3)

December is when I might pick up anything that's supposed to be really good, but I didn't have the money for.

But this year, I'll probably buy that official Deus Ex Adam Jensen trenchcoat.

I've always wanted a trenchcoat and I usually pretend that I'm a robot anyway, so it'll be fun to run around campus with it on and jumping off stuff and acting like I can punch through walls.

Oh yes, forgot about another one, looking forward to Saint Row 3 as well, always fun, it reminds me of GTA before the less-wacky Niko Bellic showed up.

Mr Krepe said:
Oh yes, Mass Effect 3, looking forward to that, and yes Skyrim, want to see if Bethesda can continue to murder my once-favourite game series.
I have to say the visuals for Skyrim are at least "decent" this time.

But I have the feeling it will be again left to "modders" to change many things ... and as usual bugs can be fixed shit story not ... I somehow cant imagine a Bethesda game with Todd to have great writting.

Red Orch 2: I didn't just pre order it for the Killing Floor stuff, honest.
Saint's Row 3: Here's hoping the Limey accent is still there.
Gears 3: More fun to laugh at rather than with but still good shooty.
Skyrim: Once more suckered by Beth.

Back