Get anything good for X-Mas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by zegh8578, Dec 27, 2015.

1. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Besides socks and cash, that is

Got a random-fact book by the author of xkcd.com, I have never been a big follower, but I reckon it's a fun read
    I also got a sketch block, and a bunch of fine pens. I allready went right to work with some sketches.

Oh, and a coffee-maker. I don't have any room for it where I live now, which makes me feel bad about these kinds of gifts, but I did set it up temporarily to give it a shot, and made myself a cup of hot chocolate :cool:

2. Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy Unbeliever

Oct 7, 2015
    Earphones, Xbox Controller for PC (Emulators) and that £££££££

3. WaffenWafflez

WaffenWafflez First time out of the vault

Sep 14, 2015
    Cash, cloths, and a new belt.

4. Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 20, 2015
    Money. Always more money. And a Stephen King book, Mr Mercedes.

5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Gender Fluid Skeleton Man Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    A water leak and a flood.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  6. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
    I got some useful stuff, and some money. I got others some clothes, choccies and other stuff.

7. Moosick

Moosick cats

Jul 8, 2015
    Money, pajama bottoms, food, sadness.

8. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Clothes and Cash. I also got a Ancheta (a basket filled with all sorts of food) from work and 4 days off by mere coincidence of the 24th being on a thursday this year.

9. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
    Sadness, eh? Something happen?

10. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Tickets to Andy McKee, a picture to finally have some decoration in my flat, a funny book and cash in form of a gold coin.

11. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Nothing besides a screw driver set and some cologne.

12. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    Fewer things, less hastle.
    It's also inevitable, in large families, where people feel an obligation to gift, that people end up with a lot of token gifts they're never gonna use.

Among all my friends we have agreements to not give each others anything for x-mas, just to ditch the hastle altogether, and in my family there's several unspoken agreements to "not bother" (buy something cheap-ass, and get it over with) and in all honesty, I'd be fine with skipping the presents to-and-from all these, because it is frankly not needed.)

13. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    I wish I could say that I had a large family to spend Christmas with but my father, brother, little sister, and grandpa promised to never talk to any of my dad's side of the family ever again after what they did to my great grandmother. Oh well.

14. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    That sucks
    I hate family squabbles in general. There are some tendencies in my family to get pissy for long times, and to really take it out on everyone, by staying pissed off during holidays and such. That's just one side tho, on the other side, they are much more loose, and comments fly left and right, but they never stay angry for more than a few minutes. Sadly, these two families have no contact with each others (old divorce, they all drifted out of touch)

15. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    In my case my dad's side of the family wanted all the money in my great grandmother's bank and will so with help from Hospice my aunt and the others personally helped overdose her(my brother watched as my aunt did it personally) on morphine and starved her without food for a week. Being at her funeral was especially the last straw for us. This was around a month or two after my birthday(February) when it happened and we want nothing to do with them again, it's sick to think they were once called family. Sorry for all of that.

As for my mom's side, they're all hostile to her and put her mother in a nursing home out of spite for my mother.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  16. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    Wow, that sucks even more...
    People sometimes really lose their heads with money, but I never understood the thing with dying old people and their money. It's usually not that much, but their families still lose their shit around it :I

17. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    I know what you mean, in my case the reason we're like this is because that woman had known and been there for me since I was first born. She was like my second mother to me always spoiling me rotten and treating me like a king. She legally took my father's real mother to court when she was neglecting him and treated my father the same way after legally becoming his mother. The rest of the family rarely came to see her ever besides my one aunt and uncle. That's why we're like this, it really hurts even as of now, despite owning her house it sucks really badly to walk into to the house everytime and look in the spot she always use to sit at in the living room.

Sorry for the rambling, just needed to get that of my chest.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Isn't that premeditated murder? And if the Hospice is involved than she is an accessory to murder.

19. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Pretty much but its already been done and nothing we could do, it's like "legal murder" in my eyes atleast. Oh well.

20. Moosick

Moosick cats

Jul 8, 2015
    late reply is late

nah, I'm just not good with the christmas/new year's period. nothing seems to change despite how much time goes by and how little of it I remember

• [Like] [Like] x 1