I drew things

Discussion in 'Fan Art/Fan Fiction' started by Akratus, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Digital:

Paper:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    For the non virtual drawing it's p. good.

Isn't this in the wrong forum, though ?

3. mobucks

mobucks i get such a kick out of myself Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Is that a camel toe?

4. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    There's the fan art section, but that's only for fallout fan art, right?

There's a kind of. . piece of cloth type stuff on his right leg. Maybe I should have made the transition from that into the codpiece clearer. But yeah, no, it's not a camel toe.

5. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Fan art is technically only for, indeed, post-apocalyptic fan art, but others have used it as a personal showcase, and it's a better spot for it than GD. So, moved.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    It's definitely not bad for a first try.
    The mistakes you made - imo - are:
    [1] You drew the details too quickly. Concentrate on the complete form first, then draw in the details. Doing it the other way around causes flaws such as the boots being wrong etc.
    [2] Shadows. It's a mess. Start drawing shadows in lightly and then make them gradually heavier.

The order in which you do things makes or breaks a drawing. In this case, you broke some things.

7. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    yeah I kind of realized this when the hand was way further down on the leg when I started drawing that, than on the reference picture I used. But fortunately it turned him into a stance that I really like much more than the original. Not as much hooah look at me standing like a hero.

8. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I think it's rather good. Due to the rough pencil-lines I'm gonna treat it as a sketch, and for a sketch it's absolutely not bad at all.
    You have some odd things happening with the light and shadow, but for the most part that too looks nice. Alec's point about leaving details for last is sound advice.
    Again, were I you, I would consider this a rough sketch, and... well... start all over again :D
    If you are drawing it from a photo reference, don't be afraid to be pragmatic about it: Measure, make sure. Never rush. If a drawing ends up taking a week, then let it take a week.

9. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I also made a new drawing of Rorschach, from Watchmen. However, I was going to upload him, but I had made a scan, then decided to stay at school and improve the drawing because my train left in 45 minutes. But I hadn't rescanned it so now his hat looks a bit loopy and details are slightly worse. I'll upload the drawing on monday then, unless you guys still wanna see it?

10. mobucks

mobucks i get such a kick out of myself Orderite

May 22, 2010
    I'm always game for more camel toe :mrgreen:

11. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    It is almost better than my stick figures and my really awesome pain skills.. :D Good job ;)

12. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Nite Owl II is about a quarter to a half way done right now. I've got the basic form and some details, look forward to finishing it.

EDIT:
    Oh shit guys, I recently had the BEST idea for my next drawing.

Tyrael, from Diablo 2.

That'll be one badass drawing.

Maybe I'll finally attempt a color one this time.

Also, Niteowl is almost done, but it takes a while. He's got so many little details in his suit. Hard to get right.

EDIT2: This wednesday you can expect the finished version of the drawing. I've really improved Rorschach as well.

13. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    these are super awesome, I wouldn't mind blowing Niteowl up and putting him on a wall as a poster

14. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Well I based it on some picture that's probably a poster already. Eh.

15. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    yeah, but real posters are rarely any good :roll:

16. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I really improved Rorschach, if you compare the two images I posted. Quite proud of it, to say so myself.

And I've begun sketching my Tyrael piece, in which I plan to finally incorporate both color and something other than just drawing. I'll paint over the sketch, I think that'll work quite well.

17. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Very good. My eye gets caught in a bit of assymetry with the guys mask, but I am impressed with the level of attention to the armor, metal effects, shadowing, etc. Alec's advice far up there is still relevant - plan the shape first, then add details. At this point, there is very little missing, before these drawings are as good as flawless.