Lanius's bad reputation is undeserved

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Apollyon, Jul 19, 2019.

1. KingArthur

KingArthur The John Doe of NMA

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok but will they have a fort made of corrugated metal walls and canvas tents? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

2. Ugly Kid

Ugly Kid minrcaft i play minercaft

May 9, 2018
    I will chime in, nearly a year after the conversation has subsided. I think that Lanius and Vulpes could run the Legion together and become the best Legion that could exist. I don't mean a dynamic duo, I mean Vulpes could give his thoughts to Lanius and and even have major say in many decisions the Legion makes.

3. Malpais Dominus

Malpais Dominus First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2020
    I think Lanius is a good leader but not the right leader for what Caesar's ultimate vision is. Lanius would keep the Legion a well oiled war machine that continued to obliterate every force that came in it's path but would also leave nothing behind but war. Caesar wants the Legion to put roots down in Vegas and create a metropolitan empire. He wants to evolve the Legion into a cultural force as well as a military one. With Lanius the Legion would be more of a Mongol Empire instead of a Roman Empire imo.
    As far as being "reasonable" I think lot of people far overstate the significance of being able to talk him down at the end. To me that says more about a Courier with a 100 in speech than anything about Lanius. Going with him being the final boss thematically that should be the Courier's hardest "sell" to convince someone of something. It's so significant because Lanius is so implacable.
    I think Lanius would put on a set of sexy sleepwear and go gambling at Gomorrah before he took the advice of the slippery fox man.