Massive Chalice - Double Fine's new Kickstarter by Brad Muir

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by FearMonkey, May 30, 2013.

1. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice

Sounds like a cross between X-Com, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Fire Emblem with the ancestor system from Torchlight thrown in for good measure.

I probably won't be backing this. Gonna at least wait for some updates before I decide to fund it. Might just wait for the game to come out. We'll see.

2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Looks interesting. Judging by the speed of the money counter, I am sure it will get funded soonish.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I still think these companies should at least release the game they funded with their previous Campaign before launching a new one.

4. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Arrested Development Season 4(which came out Sunday) reference in the video.

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    well considering the explanation some companies give, it makes sense though. Think about it, concept artist, story writers etc. All those people that have no real interaction with the process of programming the game can put their skills to use in other projects. Otherwise you would have to yeah, dismiss them, as people sitting around in your office doing nothing isnt great either.

6. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    concept looks similar to japanese game "ore no shikabane wo koeteyuke". and looks interesting. movie is funny too.

7. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    It sounded like Final Fantasy Tactics meets Crusader Kings. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I've contributed.