My review of Fallout: the Series Season One 9/10

I'm referring to people that actively disrespect someone, knowing the person on the receiving end can't reach through their screen to knock the other persons teeth out.

Oh please lol. You wouldn't even if you could. You're literally on the internet's basement right now. Have an ounce of self awareness.

Hey, at least I know what your goal for being on this site is.

To troll clowns. As I said earlier in the thread, I logged into to see the salt mine produced from the show and wasn't disappointed. Its kinda sad that this place has completed its transformation into a meme. Nobody on the creative side of Fallout past or present wants anything to do it anymore because of that. Yeah Fallout 3 sucks, but the 50 year old crybabies permeating this place now are unintentionally hilarious and endlessly entertaining.

To troll clowns. As I said earlier in the thread, I logged into to see the salt mine produced from the show and wasn't disappointed. Its kinda sad that this place has completed its transformation into a meme. Nobody on the creative side of Fallout past or present wants anything to do it anymore because of that. Yeah Fallout 3 sucks, but the 50 year old crybabies permeating this place now are unintentionally hilarious and endlessly entertaining.
So now knowing that, your opinions are easily ignored and invalid; you're yet another person that hides behind the anonymity shield, that's never left the highschooler mentality behind. By the way, before this conversation further breaks down and completely derails CT's thread, I think it best to just walk away from each other and try our best to never engage in future conversations.

So now knowing that, your opinions are easily ignored and invalid; you're yet another person that hides behind the anonymity shield, that's never left the highschooler mentality behind. By the way, before this conversation further breaks down and completely derails CT's thread, I think it best to just walk away from each other and try our best to never engage in future conversations.

You say this nonsense like means something. "Anonymity Shield " lol. Which moronic talking head did you steal that from?

Thank you. Treager is still completely full of shit though. The notion that I wouldn't be saying these things for fear of physical retaliation is complete nonsense for two reasons: I highly doubt he has spine to actually do it and in the highly unlikely event he did, there's nothing to stop me from defending myself unless he's the type of pussy that hides behind a gun which would frankly be hilariously ironic.

unless he's the type of pussy that hides behind a gun
1Vv.gif

Last edited:
If we exclude classic and New Vegas Fallouts from canon, how good is Bethesda lore with 3, 4, 76 and TV show?

If we exclude classic and New Vegas Fallouts from canon, how good is Bethesda lore with 3, 4, 76 and TV show?
Well being as the commonwealth is two entirely different settings depending on whether you're playing fallout 3 or 4, not great.

Well being as the commonwealth is two entirely different settings depending on whether you're playing fallout 3 or 4, not great.
What do you mean? I remember Fallout 3 mentioned Commonwealth in "Replicated man" quest along with Institute, but other than that I had no idea what Commonwealth was like. How did you imagined Commonwealth from Fallout 3's foreshadowing?

What do you mean? I remember Fallout 3 mentioned Commonwealth in "Replicated man" quest along with Institute, but other than that I had no idea what Commonwealth was like. How did you imagined Commonwealth from Fallout 3's foreshadowing?
That was just the mention of the institute and the railroad though. Doesn't Zimmer say the Commonwealth is just a lawless wasteland as well?

:wall:

Also, while Fallout (the original series of games and NV) will always be my favorite game series. I don't know how much time I got left to spend with her, so if I have to suffer through this, so be it. And no, she's not outright dying or anything, but her mind is not nearly as sharp as it used to be.

I might make my first thread about my experience on an episode to episode basis, though it won't be in depth as I'm not good at lengthy posts. I already hate it and what it represents, so it's not like it's going to change my outlook or anything.

Edit: Okay so that was a bad idea, I started ranting about half way through the first episode. There's just so much fucking misrepresentation of every God damn aspect of Fallout. Maybe someone outside looking in can get something from this, I can't.

Tim Cain loved it.

And I 100% believe people on this forum will react by saying, "Well Tim Cain doesn't know shit about Fallout."

Offtopic, but why of all people, Timothy Cain praise Bethesda's handling of Fallout? Seems like Bethesda did everything wrong with the series. He even liked the show, damn it.

Annnddd there it is.

Basically, Tim Cain sees Fallout as a wacky parody of 1950s science fiction and not to be taken seriously.

And fans who take it seriously are the ones who don't get it.

From what I've seen, a black lesbian communist is portrayed as the good guy, despite commiting atrocious things, and Vault-Tec is the one who dropped the nukes, not Communist China. Maybe I'm reaching, but it's enough for this show to be a hidden communist propaganda.

You mean the black lesbian communist who has Lucy raped and keeps her mother as a pet feral ghoul? Part of what's hilarious is that everyone on the more liberal sites are annoyed that she's obviously batshit insane and no different than Hank.

Moldaver also states she's not a communist but the government brands all dissidents as communists.

As for Vault-Tec dropping the nukes, they plan to but given the entirety of Fallout 2 is about the Enclave preparing for the nukes dropping--that's not even a retcon. Vault-Tec is just part of the Enclave and one of the many corporate groups that are shown forming it in Episode 8.

Basically, Tim Cain sees Fallout as a wacky parody of 1950s science fiction and not to be taken seriously.
If Tim Cain intended for Fallout to be nothing more than a wacky parody of 50s sci-fi then he really shit the bed with Fallout 1. Good thing he left so that Fallout 2 could be closer to his original vision.

Also kinda goes against his quote from twenty years ago:
"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

If Tim Cain intended for Fallout to be nothing more than a wacky parody of 50s sci-fi then he really shit the bed with Fallout 1. Good thing he left so that Fallout 2 could be closer to his original vision.

Also kinda goes against his quote from twenty years ago:
"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

I feel like we can interpret that in the context that it probably is meant. "This is a game about storytelling not game mechanics."

Which he seems to think the humor is an intrinsic part of. Because Tim Cain knows that the best way to make fun of the guys who welcome the Apocalypse is to make them look like fools.

There's also the fact that fans of "serious" Fallout 1 seem to forget all the ridiculous shit because they edit out of their minds. They talk about how the Master was this deep and serious villain while ignoring that Morpheus is slightly sillier and more evil than Snidley Whiplash.

But here's the thing...Fallout 1 isn't the original Fallout game. Fallout was inspired by Wasteland (according to Tim Cain) and Wasteland was fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back