Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Celestial, Jun 4, 2003.
Sure. It works. I've checked this.
Just a few suggestions:
- Set raider base so it doesn't appear until you get the map from Bishop's safe; you can do this by changing its start_state on City.txt (Maybe you should do this to the Military Base and Vault 15 too).
- Fix the the terminal in SAD 2nd Lvl (the one that disables shockplates and forcefields then gets fried when you read mail): If you select disable forcefields, the shockplates get disabled instead; I haven't looked at it but I think this is an error in the qiq_option, pointing to the wrong Node.
- Change Mrs Bishops dialog, specially that part about Bishop getting her addicted to Jet; given this would have happened over 16 years before, jet wouldn't have been around then.
I haven't got around to testing this patch but I am assuming you replaced the original Patch000.dat with the Patch 1.04, if this is the case then I have no idea what the problem is; but if you kept the original patch and loaded 1.04 with FAME then that's the probable cause.
Cheers. Great work by the way. I haven't played FO for a while. I'd forgot how good it really is. Let us all know when the Den is 'fixed'
I got the same problem as skynet.
Some things are fixed and some arent.
Im runnig the UK version. dunno if that might be the problem...
the storeholder in vault city courtyard has his items to steal. Wasnt that fixed in an other patch. Also at the doc in the courtyard, his desk contains medical items. The desk is locked but if you use your steal skill then you can just get the items.
dunno if that is something important to be fixed
The Raiders Base was already hidden in the 1.03.
I'll look into the computers.
I will try to make some story for Bishops wife.
The patch000.dat problem:
I don't know what causes it. To fix this just extract all the files into the Fallout2\data directory and everything (except for the Den & San Fran bug) should work.
Am I the only one that thinks that the reactor keycard makes perfect sense on the dead enclave guy. If anyone ever noticed, there is a big sign on the Gecko reactor that says Poseidon Oil Reactor 5. If I remember corectly, wasnt the Enclave base on the Poseidon Oil Rig. This leads me to belive that the crashed Vertibird was headed to Gecko, possibly to take back the reactor, and get some on land power going for their eventual main land attack and take over. Although, I could be wrong.
Is this an official patch? is it for the UK version?
I have US version patch 1.02d.
I'm talking about my unofficial 1.03 patch.
News from the patching site:
I've menaged to fix those damn Den and San Fran problems (with map reseting and all that), so the 1.05 should be soon available.
Great work Locutus
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but perhaps you could look into fixing the too-many-items bug? It's a pretty annoying bug, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them really easy ones to fix too.
On a side note, where can one learn this bug-fixing trade? I'm not unfamiliar with programming, so I'm not talking about learning that. I'm talking fallout specific stuff. Are there any hands-on tutorials for instance?
Wokay, I might be asking too much here...
....manual, second last page, screenshot.
The one with the 80's houses, the city that never made it into the game (I think it was Robot city or something like that..)
Are there any remnants of it in the data files?
If so, could it be restored?
Will check it soon. I don't have much time now. Sorry.
I've always thought that the "screenshot" was from pre-war time and was never ment to be in the game. It was clearly made with the game engine, but after a quick search I never find any piece of that house from the resources...
As far as I can remember it, there was a robot on that picture as well....
..... and I DO remember a thread in the old forum about this... something about the town actually being the Beta design of Vault City, then the conclusion sprang up that it was supposed to be the evicted Vault 0...
.... really mysterious, that thing.
Almost as mysterious as the "Skum Pitt" bar sign in Redding (Wanamingo mine entrance, on the far left side of the map, inside one of the ruined houses. I SWEAR I was in there once, but I forgot how.... oh well!)
The heart pills....either take them out or make them useable on Cassidy.
first of all thanks for doing a patch to fix one of my favourite game and (with fallout 1) the best crpg so far
here are my suggestions and opinions (i hope to not make a mess but i am italian and while i understand everything i read i easily make errors writing)
- in New Reno i always hated the fact that you couldn t tell Marcus of the Murder of the missing people, you could just let the murderer escape or attack him making you a criminal in New Reno, i would like to have the opportunity to tell Marcus the truth and throw the responsable in jail (it s not fair that if you don t support the muties you have to kill him and be velified)
- Sulik's sister quest it would be something REALLY cool and IS surely something missing, i don t think it would be too hard to do:
just put a new npc that won t escape from the slave camp (when you kill Metzger) and you can talk to opening up a dialogue like the one seen within vic and his daughter where the two rejoice, than perhaps she asks his brother to come home with her and sulik wouls say that he has a debt to pay with the player so it won t come back to the village untill he has helped him (perhaps the player should be able to let Sulik go with his sis by telling him he is free of is debt).
It would be fun to have another way to le her out, just buying her off metzger and perhaps by talking to her having a quest where she asks to free the others.
- i ve seen you ve fixed gecko's ending bug, have you solved the bug wich made it possible to get the holo from Gordon without talking to the brain?
- i don t know if i am the only one but many times i lost the red skill button of the interface wich was replaced by a black sqaure preventing me from opening the skillm menu via interface
- i would like to be able to help the bishops taking over vault city, why if i am a bishop made man people kill me on sight while in the raider camp? it wopuld be just too cool to be able as a made man to know the location of the raider camp and g tehre receiving some quests ( i am not talking about uber quests like getting rid of vault city) but something like taking some info by the vault city archives, scouting and such (a stark-opposite quest)
- ok this is probably something impossible but being a slaver should be a WAY of life while it s currently limited at a few missions and a few npcs reactions, what about being able to sell to metzger any man-woman around? i think it could be done just by making possible to take on as followers knocked down people (to treat teh script-like as followers so they follow you) and being able to sell the as slaves
c mon! it would be jkust too cool to wipe out all of vault city just to be able to sell that lynette bitch to the slavers MAUHAHAHAHAH
-becky's quests: i was just able to complte them once with the uk last official patch, are we sure there is no bug around this quest?
-in gecko's powerplant youi are able to connect to the enclave and talk to a soldier wich if you mock will tell you he is going to send a nuke or something,, but nothing happens..
is this ok?
ok perhaps no swarm of vertibirds coming and such.. but a vertibird landing and trying to take over the situation with some power amored guys would be cool..
- when you but you carr off from t ray it tells you that if you ever need some batteries he is the man to see, i ve read you put some batts in his inventory, they respawn in time right?
- are now shaders raising the charisma wjhen you have the in your inventory? i ve heard it should be so
-PLEASE DON T REMOVE THE RUBBER DOLL, just reduce the quest xp from 2000 to 200 but don t tke out game quests..
also IMHO fuel is way too weighting! damn you can just use a falmer witgh your npcs and a car packed up with fuel
and it s SOOO Expansive! the falmer isn t surely the most powerfull weapon around, still is the most expansive and difficult to mantain
a bug i ve found with the patch wich i just installed :
i move in the map as fast as if i was using the car but i ve just left arroyo!
- Dead bodies... In Broken Hills (not Reno) you can tell Marcus about the dead people and get xp for it. And if you read the message from Francis you can confront him about it and take him to jail.
- About Sulik... hmm... not a bad idea. I'll think about it.
- Gordon: No but I don't think is a bug. When you talk to him without talking to the Brain first he has different (normal) dialogue). And when you talked to the rat he uses the mad cultist one. So in first case he just want to use you. In the second he is just a good talking-world-over ghoul.
- Black buttons: That's a serious game engine bug. I don't think I'll ever be able to fix it.
- Raiders: I don't think about any quests there but I'll think about not attacking you when your Bishops Made Man.
- Selling slaves: It's too much work. Maybe in the 1.06 patch?
- I see you like Vault City. That's good.
- Verti-Assault: There is an idea floating about in forums about making a mod which will bring Enclave forces to Gecko but I don't know too much about it.
- T-Ray: I hope you know about bugs in the 1.04 patch? Well I don't know. Will check this.
- Shades: You have to put them in your active item slot
- Rubber Doll: First: there is a rubber doll in Reno. Second: I'll put back to normal some things since many people are unhappy with some changes (and they're right too). The rubber doll was just removed because it was too easy to complete the quest (Now you have to travel to Reno to get one).
- Ammo adding: No ammo adding and no more ammo changes
- Ammo price: You have to pay to play.
- Bug with map: Didn't happen to me. Will check it later.
lol i said reno
anyway you can confront with francis wich means you can choose to let him leave town or attack him being velified
and you can tell marcus that the missing peoople are dead
but you can t let marcus have a look at the note and trow francis in jail
anyway thanks for the answers i ve tried contacting you via icq i hope you got my msg (lol i asked all the polish locutus guys if they were the creator of the unofficial fallout patch )
i am currentrly testing the 1.4 patch and i would like to help you
The main thing to test are the maps. There's some kind of error with them. Enter Den and go to the east side. Now come back. You'll arrive by the town's main entrance and all people you've killed will be back. There's another that kind of error with San Francisco (The downtown map). I've fixed those but still looking for other that kind of bugs. The easiest way to check this will be just to enter and exit particular maps and see where you appear (I think). If you use DAT explorer you can see what maps are in the patch. Those are the ones to check. I'll try to change some things (like the rubber doll) back to normal in that time.