Project Van Buren

Didn’t Sawyer or someone also give some unreleased design docs to the Yesterday guy? Or am I making that up?

And just out of curiosity, is not releasing these docs to avoid legal trouble from Interplay or Bethesda? I’d imagine Bethesda, I’d think the rights would have passed on to them.

I don't know. From what I've seen in Yesterday, I don't think so. Not hating though, I admire Hexer's work and I absolutely loved certain parts of it.

As for legal issues, from what I was told, it's Interplay that *could* cause trouble. Which seems odd and is, of course, extremely unlikely, but I guess I don't want to find out. For me, it's simple - I was told not to share anything, I promised I will not, and that's where it ends for me. And believe me, I understand how badly some hardcore fans want to get their hand on this stuff, but given word is sacred to me. I may not be 100% crystal pure do-gooder, but this is the one principle I can't break.

I don't know. From what I've seen in Yesterday, I don't think so. Not hating though, I admire Hexer's work and I absolutely loved certain parts of it.

As for legal issues, from what I was told, it's Interplay that *could* cause trouble. Which seems odd and is, of course, extremely unlikely, but I guess I don't want to find out. For me, it's simple - I was told not to share anything, I promised I will not, and that's where it ends for me. And believe me, I understand how badly some hardcore fans want to get their hand on this stuff, but given word is sacred to me. I may not be 100% crystal pure do-gooder, but this is the one principle I can't break.
Well here’s to hoping Interplay goes out of business and the design docs get released some day

You don't want to go back on your word, that's commendable. Are you equally against revealing who might be queried about this so that others can also make an attempt to track them down? Or is that equally off the table?

Looks like a great project, a thought crossed my mind tho: is there a chance that this project could turn into a "Classic Fallout Editor but in 3D", allowing modders to create Total Conversions with much more ease than the legacy tools?

Holy shit, it’s hard to believe that this has come so far. I know this has been asked before but, any chance of releasing a demo of some kind for us to try?

Piecing some of the latest work together. Animation system, AI actions, particle FX, etc.

You said something about SDK tools in the past? That is the key to making this whole thing work. Imagine the modding capabilities for something like this...

We could maybe even remake OG Fallout someday with your engine.

The future is bright and I wish you luck. We'll continue following your progress with anticipation.

Holy shit, it’s hard to believe that this has come so far. I know this has been asked before but, any chance of releasing a demo of some kind for us to try?
I'd like to have the full technical background done before releasing anything. There is still a lot of mechanics and functionalities that need to be implemented.

You said something about SDK tools in the past? That is the key to making this whole thing work. Imagine the modding capabilities for something like this...

We could maybe even remake OG Fallout someday with your engine.

The future is bright and I wish you luck. We'll continue following your progress with anticipation.

I implemented many tools for content creation. But I'd not call it an SDK just yet. There's still a lot of work ahead.

Hello!
I've been reading the thread and noticed you mentioning the project needing more 3D artists, among other things. So I'm wondering, perhaps I could help you out a bit there? I wouldn't say I'm particularly experienced, so far I've only made some The Elder Scrolls 3 assets for mods, but looking at how the game looks, it's probably low-poly enough for my level of skill to be usable. You can check some of the stuff I previously made here and here. Uh, another thing is - I have no experience actually working in Unity, but I'm assuming it'd be easy enough to export models made in Blender to be used in it?
Apologies in advance in case that's not the level of contribution you're interested in.

Hello!
I've been reading the thread and noticed you mentioning the project needing more 3D artists, among other things. So I'm wondering, perhaps I could help you out a bit there? I wouldn't say I'm particularly experienced, so far I've only made some The Elder Scrolls 3 assets for mods, but looking at how the game looks, it's probably low-poly enough for my level of skill to be usable. You can check some of the stuff I previously made here and here. Uh, another thing is - I have no experience actually working in Unity, but I'm assuming it'd be easy enough to export models made in Blender to be used in it?
Apologies in advance in case that's not the level of contribution you're interested in.
Looking at your portfolio, I think this is exactly the level of detail we could use for our 3D art. Please hit me via PM, I have a couple of questions to ask first and then we can figure something out. Thank you for your interest btw.

Looking at your portfolio, I think this is exactly the level of detail we could use for our 3D art. Please hit me via PM, I have a couple of questions to ask first and then we can figure something out. Thank you for your interest btw.
Thanks! This may sound real dumb but I'm a newcomer to these forums and still haven't found the PM functionality, lol. Is it done through the Conversations? Tried using it at first but didn't work for some reason.

Thanks! This may sound real dumb but I'm a newcomer to these forums and still haven't found the PM functionality, lol. Is it done through the Conversations? Tried using it at first but didn't work for some reason.
Haha no problem, I'll send you a PM myself. You'll see a notification in the upper panel, "Inbox" menu.

Back