Questions for a Map/FOT:R?

Green is here to stay, though you can still use colour pics. Just adjust the colours so when the green is applied they look normal.

There's only two switch sprites robot or industrial, though you don't have to use a switch sprite for a switch entity.

Yep they go in sounds/game but you don't need to use BoSEE. Unless you are using a lot of custom sounds you can just use some of the other sound types. For instance the RbtCompTerm doesn't have a default sound so you can name your sound file RbtCompTermDefault.wav and it'll work for a breakable but won't play for any switches that might be using that sound type.

You can set sleeping actors to a low communication and aggression state, or try having them on different teams.

I trying to rework the damage system for mod does any one know how Interplay determined the damage values for tactics? Is there some sort of mathematical formula or did they just eyeball it?

Each weapon fires a certain number of bullets, has a certain amount of damage the weapon does, then the armor resistances are factored in, any perks or traits that affect critical chance or bonus damage, and you end up with a mess. Enjoy.

I think VF was talking about how MicroForte decided which damage values to assign which weapon and caliber. I would hazard a guess that they based it on the rpgs which in turn probably still used, or at least still based on, some of the GURPS mechanics.

As usual Req is right on the money, but moving on I've got more questions.

Is there a way to setup trader/barter tables, similar to the ones in FO1/FO2? I guess I could create a "table" actor with the barter dialog?

Not really the place for this but has anyone tried to run Fallout: Tactics on a Windows 7 machine?

Is there a way to setup trader/barter tables, similar to the ones in FO1/FO2? I guess I could create a "table" actor with the barter dialog?

Yeah, it's pretty easy, you just need to create a new entity with the race 'uniqueother' then in the image section choose whatever sprite you like. then place the new entity on your map. it will need it's own player index. you should set the AI to a team that is friendly toward the human player. then check 'can barter' and 'always friend'

Ok so I'm creating some new projectile sprites and I can't for the life of my remember how many directions they're suppose to have was it 8?

Projectiles flame and rocket have 16 directions, "Projectile Invisi.spr" has 8 directions but is invisible. Other projectiles have 32 directions.

With all this talk about FO3 level cap increases and so on... It just got me curious, what is the maximum level that characters can acheive in
FO Tactics?

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
What exactly are you trying to link up? Custom or default projectile sprites, what weapon type, character model etc? There are some combos that just don't work.

I'm still having trouble with the impactfx: here's the nuts & bolts

I've got a default male BOS,

Weapon type: Rifle (also tried SMG)
Ammo Type 10x24mm (custom)
Range: short
Anim: single (also tried burst)
ARC: Straight (also tried none)
Projectile Sprite:sprites/impactfx/Projectile Invisi.spr (same m79)
Impact FX: sprites/impactfx/Explosion BIG.spr (same m79)
Light FX: LargeGrenade
Impact Sound: grenadeExplode

Still the impactfx and impact sounds don't work, if you have any ideas as to why it would be greatly appreciated.

What damage radius are you using? If it's set to nought then you'll only get the impact fx and sound if you hit your target. If it's set to one or higher you'll get the impact fx if you miss (most of the time) or force fire at the ground. But you will only get the sound effects if an entity is caught in the range of the blast unless you are using explosive ammo.

I'm back: Can the game clock be set to a new start time, and can campaign events be triggered by a specific time on the clock?

You can force the start hour for any map of course. Though IIRC when you enter the map it doesn't start directly on the hour you've set but something like twenty minutes past or twenty minutes to.

The only way I know of to script a specific time is to force the start hour and then work out your minutes for the timer.

I'm getting ready to release a demo map and I'm wondering what exactly I need to do/include in the release.

Any custom work that you've used/edited tiles, sprites, entities .bos file etc. The speech text file linked to the map, and any custom sounds. Easiest thing is if you've been using a custom path to just create an archive of your custom folder and then delete anything you don't want to include in the demo. Make sure that the directory structure is preserved or that you include detailed instructions on where to place all the components.

Back