So Our Protagonist Is Over 200 Years Old

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by X12, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    Wait, there was a conflict on the moon in Fallout lore?

2. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Bethesda added it in.

3. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Yeah Jed when you encounter Preston Garvey in the mesuem of history their is a mural with various moments in US miliatry history on the wall ;You can see an astronaut and a lunar lander.

4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I would not have ruled out a possible outpost on the moon in the Fallout pre war future, but I always assumed that when the resource wars started the US pretty much abandoned its fancy with space travel in general with the exception of military satellites and weapons platforms.
    The government and military would probably have found it a waste of resources to maintain a base on the moon when they would have all of the solar system anyway once they had 'defeated' the Chinese.

(makes me fear another possibility, that Bethesda designers will go with the idea that the US, China, or both had ICBM silos on the moon like some paranoid 50's and 60's military leaders wanted in reality. Look it up)

5. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    Kinda get the feeling there's going to be a DLC on the moon.

6. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Sounds too 50's... yep it's in!

7. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    Would be ironic if The Bright Followers were trying to go to some pre war installation in orbit or on the Moon. I'm going to call Ghoulstronauts as a thing at some point, watch.

8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Nah they just randomly launched into space to find 'enlightenment'. A nod to the hubologists.

9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    They actually didn't launch into Space, the trajectory of their rockets wouldn't allow that. From What Sawyer has hinted the ymight have actually gone to another country or region.

10. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Yeah, Bright never says they're going to space, just to a place of light and healing.

For ghouls, light and healing basically just means they're going somewhere highly radioactive where humans can't survive.

The only person who insinuates that they're actually going to space is No-Bark Noonan and we all know to take his ramblings with a grain of salt.

11. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Hmm fair enough. I still prefer the idea they go to space and all suffocate...

12. cruddas

cruddas First time out of the vault

Jul 5, 2013
    Amazing how accurate my prediction on page 2 of the thread was, Bethesda needs to hire better storywriters because i'm only seeing this game somewhat as a second attempt at fallout 3, 200 years later one family member has to leave the vault and find other family member, there better not be the self sacrifice idea in there somewhere or i'll die inside due to Bethesdas lack of creativity.

13. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    A Canticle for Nobark

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Moosick

Moosick cats

Jul 8, 2015
    >the protagonists face @ this thread

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015

What the hell is that?

16. Moosick

Moosick cats

Jul 8, 2015
  17. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
  18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Could be also Fallout 5 at this point ...

19. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah maybe. Who knows?

20. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Now I can understand why there's romance with Mrs. Handy in this game. If I would have been frozen for 200 years, I'd jump on first moving object too, robotic or not! :obsessed:

• [Like] [Like] x 2