Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
SHould be something like:

Will you buy Starfield?

1. Yes already preordered the game of the year edition on xbox, ps5 and PC
2. Yes already pre ordered the regular version
3. Yes when it comes out.
4. Maybe later with a discount
5. No
6. NEVEEEEEEEER (preordered already)

well they just shared a gameplay at the xbox-bethesda showcase.

looked kind of like The Outer Worlds and No Man Sky honestly probably.

but all we seen so far is fighting space pirates or potentially the Constellation group that you meet afterwards if you join the space pirates instead.

We haven't seen much of in the way of what kind of intelligent alien species there will be you can fight. like with Mass Effect at the least. it seems to be all humans mostly thus far what has been shown.

Bethesda's art team is always the top performer imo. The mechanical designs aren't anything new but they look good.

347E6EEE-FF1F-4541-B343-85009CAAB047.jpeg
6B77BD85-4A20-43E5-8616-B09268FF8C25.jpeg

Have they managed to add ship customization in No Man's Sky yet?

They didn't show a single dialogue choice, so I wonder if they will keep the stupif ass Dialogue cross. Even Fallout 76 did away with it but Bethesda games don't usually have deep dialogue choices in general, even their flagship The Elder Scrolls isn't about deep dialogue choices, most of them are just asking general questions and giving short non descript answers, and this is a new IP soo technically they could just do whatever they wanted even continue with their bargain bin Troy baker voiced main character.

Oh absolutely, plus you can do a lot worse than Bethesda tbh.

With their penchant for crafting really good open worlds that are filled with shit and fun to explore, a space opera seems to be right up their alley honestly.

Hopefully Bethesda does take some valuable lesson from the criticism given to them from their Fallout titles and makes their games better. But considering it's Bethesda, I don't really think that will happen- plus our community's taste isn't really representative of the gaming market at large.

I would expect Starfield to be exactly what we think it is, FallrimField with base building and item/armor/ship(?) customization. A main quest, a few side quest lines, and a bunch of randomly generated missions. And shortly after mod support and a heavy influx of mods. 2 years out you'll have yet another Bethesda staple - a mod platform that has a space theme this time. Bethesda will make billions and then they will make TES6: SkyOutField: HammerFell with the same stuff.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

e: Over a thousand planets to explore and some space combat.

You choose a background that gives you three starting skills. You can then select more skills on level up. Each skill can be increased in rank by use. There's also optional traits you can choose.

Last edited:
I like the spaceship design and the interior of this ship but from what I have seen of this game's video footage I don't think it will innovate in any way on other similar games and that the content will be very shallow and average written.
And seeing as it will rely on content to make up for a gamplay system that is so widely used that it no longer impresses, I think it will definitely disappoint there.

Like other posters here mentioned the game looks like it is 'borrowing' heavily from the Outer Worlds, No Man's Sky, and Mass Effect, with a lot of the mechanics being copied from Fallout 4.
And with Bethesda's history on previous release's stability and bugs this game to me should not be a day one purchase unless you really have nothing else to play or waste money on.
Not that it will prevent some people from doing so and gushing all over it what a great sci-fi action exploration experience it is.

Kinda hilarious they went back on that this soon lol
Gotta sting for the VAs of the Fallout 4 protagonists, to know you are the most hated element of a game.
I actually kind of liked the VA'd protagonist. Sure maybe some of the lines were a bit awkward but always enjoyed listening to the delivery of the sarcastic lines.

Not gonna lie, I really liked what I saw in the presentation, to the point that it kind of got me hyped to the game.

Out of all things Starfield could be I really wasn't expecting a fully fledged Space Sim, at best I was expecting a Fallout 4 in space, which I wouldn't say it is bad thing per se, just a bit underwhelming. But the moment where they introduced the spaceship sytem, customization and even exploration aspects of it I literally felt in love with it. Feels like they knew exactly what fans of the space sim genre usualy like and shoved there in the game.

Although I must say that knowing Bethesda I'm not particulary excited for the RPG department of the game, but as a huge Space Sim fan I can get over most of this stuff, even if the dialogue sucks. Also Outer Worlds showed me that not because something is an "true rpg", it doesn't automaticaly turns it into a great game, that one was so underwhelming that I couldn't bring myself to finish the main campaign, must say that despite all the problems Fallout 4 was way more enojoyable than anything OW could provide...

Kinda hilarious they went back on that this soon lol
It's even funnier given the amount of people that were stumbling over themselves to defend the voiced VAs, it was the same for the four dialogue options. People were defending that, but then Todd Howard does an interview where he basically says it didn't worked.

It's hilarious to watch people defend crappy design choices, only for the devs to either change it or flat out remove it in the next game because some people rightfully criticized those design choices. It's like they feel the need to defend every aspect of the game like if they owed their lives to the developers.

The Dialogue system in FO4 is so bad even Bethesda realized it didn't work.
I really don't get the obssession with VA some people have nowadays "It's 2022!" I see some people on the replies saying.
One thing that make all the terrible changes in FO4 even harder to stomach was bargain bin Troy Baker going on a gameshow and call the dialogue system of FO1 "primitive compared to Fallout 4" while showing it actually had more reactivity and options and also making fun of Aradesh by giving him a stupid voice.

I ain't part of the problem because i'm not buying shitty Bethesda games.

One thing that make all the terrible changes in FO4 even harder to stomach was bargain bin Troy Baker going on a gameshow and call the dialogue system of FO1 "primitive compared to Fallout 4" while showing it actually had more reactivity and options and also making fun of Aradesh by giving him a stupid voice.
And then Bethesda proceeds to go back on the dialogue system of F4 in F76. :lol: (well, at least when the Wastelanders update came out).

Back