Talking Heads

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Continuum, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    Lara is so punk-y, I like her in the leather jacket/armor most. The one where she brandishes those goggles.

2. equilerex

equilerex Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2007
    *fap*....fap*....fap* indeed!
    redhead looks real good, amazed that youre not snagged up by a dev house yet :lol:

say, how about some max source files for your default render scenes for scenery and heads? bet there would be a lot to learn and see there by us noobs ^^

3. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    I posted linkie to Zombie guy scene at MR's forums.

Nah, it's uber simple, uber fast, two point lights with Shadow Maps set up, where "key" light has changed Map Size from default 512 to 4096 (to make the shadow nice) and Sample Range from default 4 to 10 (to make the shadow slightly softer). I've been playing with Area Shadows, but they slowed down rendering.

Shadow Maps are uber fast in opposite to Raytraced shadows, which are getting even more than 4 times slower if you'll switch to the area lights (but they are more realistic). Area lights aren't supported by Default Scanline. The only stuff which I'm missing is the Ambient Occlusion, but again, for the still you can render AO pass in mental ray, for example, and multiply it in PS later. Or simply use Skylight.

I don't need realistic lighting here, and this simple and uber fast solution is working really great for Fallout-y THs.

4. Aphyosis

Aphyosis Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2009
    Lara looks fantastic. I really like her clothing mate.

:ok:

5. The Regular One

The Regular One First time out of the vault

Mar 25, 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks her expression is really blank, that's why I don't think she fits in with the rest. If she had some kind of expression like if she was looking down on you, then she'd look more normal-er .

6. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    This is only preview, static image. There are couple of "emotive" animations in-game.

7. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Just found a half made power-armor so I just cut off the new Vic (he is the fourth) ears and gave him a cap that looks bad just like the armor

Btw thanks for the advices Continuum.

8. The Regular One

The Regular One First time out of the vault

Mar 25, 2009
    Why are your faces different to everybody else's?

9. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I think the rendermode is very different. Your render images are looking somewhat blurry and not very sharp, which is a problem, in my opinion.

Beside this, the face is a big improvement over your last try.

10. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I do like where this latest face is going. Keep at it Jotisz!

11. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    It screams "Vic", definitely. Go, Jotisz, go! :boy:

12. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Ho ho ho ho! THs invasion!

Anyway, how about this, heavily improved, not inspired by other game than Fallout, Metal Armour? :wiggle:

13. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Love it as well. Very detailed and still trve.

14. Kahgan

Kahgan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 25, 2003
    Only one criticism, I think the spikes should be more like this:

As seen here. At least on the first one it's pretty evident I think.

15. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Heh, I never realized that. But now I see it too.

16. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Good point, Kahgan. Also, after looking at MKII I've noticed that chest plate is somewhat cut in half vertically. And after looking closer at MKI I've noticed some kind straps/belts/pieces of metal keeping both chest plates together. Or maybe this is something else? Damn few pixels crap. But this will be easy to fix (if this is going to look good, of course). MKII also has these "air vents" you can see on Leather Armour right chest plate. Or maybe this is something else? Again, damn few pixels crap. But MKI doesn't have anything like that.

17. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009

18. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    How about colors like this?

And larger image in full of colors:

19. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Pretty cool, it look real good on Lara!
    I'm also doing some modeling though I'm far from you I'm just at the first almost usable head but I have many idea and most of them are already on paper. Two pic with and without AA, model has only a bump map since I accidantly deleted the texture I used...

20. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The color tone somehow reminds me of a power armor. But beside this, the texture looks really good. Your armors are getting better and better. I wish I could do this stuff... and no, it's *not* easy and not everybody can learn this. :P