The Guns and Ammo Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Kalessin, May 4, 2006.

1. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    2 gauge? modded grenade launchers perhaps. but those buckshots / slugs aren't any better than a 12 gauge.

you see, a human simply cant handle the kick if you pack a 2 gauge with real power.
    it'd dislocate your shoulder and break your colarbone.

and where did you fail to realise that shotgun slugs are fired from shotguns? i.e. 12 gauge slugs (or sabots) go into 12 gauge shotguns (without choke)? :?

2. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    Shti, for some reason I read that you meant "shells" whenever you wrote 12 ga. My bad.

3. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    The only guns I own are antiques, not suitable for firing.
    A 108 year old 12 gauge and a 86 year old .22 rifle.

4. [PCE]el_Prez

[PCE]el_Prez Vault Fossil

Apr 25, 2003
    You need to make a trip to big 5 buddy. My shotgun is over 50 years old and I fire it damn near every other weekend.

5. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    Well the thing was that the 12 gauge had a "brother" that was sawn off bout 40 years ago and it blew up 10 years ago. Haha.
    It was actually kinda a funny sight if not deadly.

Potentially deadly.

6. [PCE]el_Prez

Apr 25, 2003
    You know what a gun is that doesnt fire? A metal tube glued to a stick.

7. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Ithaca 10 Gauge Magnum autoloader. The Ithaca's gas operation system moderated the perceived recoil of the big gun, and the more efficient 10 bore patterned the 3 1/2" steel loads better than any 12 gauge gun. Take a look at this article: http://www.chuckhawks.com/10gauge.htm

EDIT: I have heard about 10 gauge shotguns some years ago, but only now that you asked I took my time to Google it. I just found this article, but can't assure the info on it is true; but 10 gauge shotguns do exist for sure.

8. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    I hope you have fun relocating your shoulder each time you fire one of those 3+ inch 10 gauge magnums ;)

don't forget that old shotguns were often made to fire lead, not modern steel. so using steelshot can damage the barrel, as lead is a lot softer than steel is.

9. Gonzalez

Gonzalez Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2004
    I went on shooting to the firing range but mostly using someone else's guns, fired a FN-FAL, a Garand, Rugger Mini 14, a 22 rifle and another 308 rifle.

I rather not spend money in guns for now, soon I will enter officers training in my nation's ground army and I will have access to plenty of firepower. :)

10. [PCE]el_Prez

Apr 25, 2003
    I want an M1 Garand so bad.... anyways i've seen my browning auto 5 go through about 20'000 rounds and that was before my dad gave it to me. Keep in mind that it was my grandfather's gun and he gave it to my dad so I'm sure that it has been through 100X as many rounds as i've seen. It still fires perfect so I really don't any problem.... when it comes to antique guns.... see my last post.

11. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    then why don't you get one? those are dirtcheap in america and license stuff seems to be heaven overthere...

12. [PCE]el_Prez

Apr 25, 2003
    If by dirt cheap you mean 600 dollars at the least than your right. I live off of 530 dollars a month. The only way I could afford my springfield is because i went to Laughlin and won 670 bucks.

13. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    by dirt cheap i mean 2 to 3 times cheaper than for the poor Eurotrash :(

14. iii

iii Vault Dweller

Oct 10, 2005
    Got an USP Expert for IPSC shooting only http://www.ipsc.org/...

Some guys here seem to have a problem with their penis... :roll:

15. Vicious_Squid

Vicious_Squid First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2007
    Wow I just edited this post from several years ago... what the hell was I thinking? Christ..

16. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    Oh thank you so much for enlightening all those 9mm users around the world... (with such stunning arguments, no less!)

Who died & made you king, kiddo?

Sure, 9mm etc have some shortcommings, but so do the .45 and .22, so wtf you going on about? It's nice to see you're obviously so much smarter than the millions (probably billion even) of gunowners and users that do not use .45's and .22's.

17. Vicious_Squid

Vicious_Squid First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2007
    Yeah I really don't know what I was thinking back then, looking at this I can't believe I typed and communicated that nonsense back then lol.

18. iii

iii Vault Dweller

Oct 10, 2005
    There is a good reason why the German police uses the 9mm round...

guess what it is?

19. [PCE]el_Prez

Apr 25, 2003
    Its cheap

20. iii

iii Vault Dweller

Oct 10, 2005
    Well and it is less leathal... jeap that can be a pro arguement, too :wink: