The Outer Worlds information overload

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by PlanHex, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 7, 2008
    In The Witcher games, I don't mind the collectathon romance style because it actually makes sense for Geralt's character (assuming you choose to play him that way). At least in the first game, the various 'relationships' seem only about that important to him, and the game even reinforces that through those silly naughty trading cards you get for scoring with someone. In contrast, the Miranda romance in Mass Effect 2 felt very forced because she didn't really have any relevance to the larger story, but the writers still tried to treat her dialogue as if it were a serious, long-term relationship.

2. youlstn

youlstn First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2015
    Stalker's greatest similarity to old Fallout is in atmosphere. The ambient soundtrack, miserable npc's, and creepy art style all make it feel like there is something wrong with the world (as it should in an irradiated wasteland), and it is through your explorations that you discover just how wrong it is.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    Also Call of Pripyat have a ending slide, a pretty decent one it is.

Sure having ending slide don't make a game RPG, but it's great to have one to tell you how the world changed because of your actions.

4. nighty

nighty First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2014
    @Black Rose The more I see, the more it makes me wanna see. Not sure if I can put up with the really poppy color scheme, but apart from that I'm slowly building up anticipation here. ;)
    @Jabberwok Yes, also it wasnt treated like anything serious by both sides in W1, which I think is the mistake other games made.

The Stalker games were REALLY great, played em all. Only bad thing was that at least in the first 2 there were many patches in a prolonged period after release and each one made your saves invalid. Had to start SoC 3 times from scratch because of that. But the atmosphere and also the enemy designs were great. I remember nearly wetting my pants in CoP when you have to skulk through the Bloodsucker nest.

5. Rose

Rose Keelah se'lai

Dec 5, 2018
    No micro-transactions! +1! Nobody should be able to buy advantages in a game.

And I don't mind the vibrant color scheme. TBH, it might be a little harsh on the eyes, but it would be a breath of fresh air for me.

6. SquidVan

SquidVan Pirate and Bankrobber

Jun 1, 2018
    I doubt it too. I just have a tiny bit of hope...

7. brfritos

brfritos Humma Kavulaaaaaaa

Sep 8, 2009
    I know the site/forum Lover's Lab.

Romance and such things in games are stupid and downright retarded because "you have to reach larger audiences".
    So you can't have nudity, nuances between characters or even something based in real life scenarios because of that.

Games like Mass Effect are praised but the romances in those games are horrible, not even in college or high school you have that type of dialog happening.

"Oh yeah, we like each other, but let's wait - for reasons - my knight/princess".
    Bleargh. :falloutonline:

8. ravenshrike

ravenshrike First time out of the vault

Nov 11, 2008
    The entire point of Private Division is that the devs keep their own IP. Now, PD might have right of first refusal for X years, which could complicate things.

9. Jabberwok

Jun 7, 2008
    That beating a dead horse icon really looks like he's aiming for the dick.

10. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    THIS IS FALLOUT!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 10
  11. ironmask

ironmask Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 10, 2018
    Why can you not shoot the groin in bethesda fallout games anymore? That was the best feature of v.a.t.s.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
    And can not be modded, because the Vats is hardcoded.

I actually tried once.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Jabberwok

Jun 7, 2008
    Then I guess they would need to add gibbing for groins? That sounds pretty nasty...

14. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    I wasn't aware of this. That would be great news to finally hear if Microsoft didn't just buy them recentl.

Thank you for trying. :salute:
    It would have been great if you could have modded it back in.

My favorite selection was on the wanamingos and their eyes???

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. Rose

Rose Keelah se'lai

Dec 5, 2018
    I saw the groin target area yesterday and said, "Huh, that's not in the others." Would be cool if they kept it in.

My guess is it was edited out because shooting that area is a little too mature for today's tastes? You can have copious amounts of violence, but anything that refers to sexual organs? No siree-Bob!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  16. Jabberwok

Jun 7, 2008
    Does VATS even have eye targeting? I can't remember if it's just appendages on humanoids. In any case, I guess they didn't want testicles and chunks of vagina flying out of people. I guess they could use just generic gibs, but they already put all of that detail into making people's eyeballs fly out when their heads explode....

17. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    Nope. For humanoids it's head, chest, both arms, both legs, and weapon in hand if applicable.

18. Rose

Rose Keelah se'lai

Dec 5, 2018
    The eyes specifically? Nope.

I often ran into this glitch in the Beth FOs, especially three, where I would have a high percent hit chance in VATS and still miss the target. I thought it might be coincidence, but it happened too many times.

19. yfk12

yfk12 Degenerate who belongs on a cross

May 31, 2018
    The Sniper Elite games have proven that this really isn't the issue.

20. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Half-way Through My Half-life

Nov 26, 2007
    Wait... Do you mean the use of "millennial" with its actual intended meaning?—instead of to mean something else?

No... because it isn't Fallout. It might well be a New Vegas unofficial spinoff/sequel... The way Arkane did with Arx Fatalis (of Ultima Underworld), but had this actually been a numbered Fallout title, IMO it would have not have been an improvement at all; in the same way that all of Bethesda's efforts with the IP have been detriment.