Things we learned from Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by maximaz, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    :seriouslyno:

2. The Enclave 86

The Enclave 86 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 5, 2010
    I think that he might have been refering to more in-lore affects such as hair-loss etc. For example Moria get's ghoulified pretty much instantly by the bomb but even other Ghouls in Fallout 3 say that it was a steady process that lasted a few months and she survived the Great War!

Not really. There's some kind of Karma check where he makes a reference to you being a good role model or I understand that things are tough out-there, something to that effect. No specific deeds are mentioned despite Three-Dog broadcasting them over the air; in-fact that's true of all of Fallout 3, Three-Dog really doesn't have the audience he thinks he does.

Well that's just self-evident, it's pretty clear that the original poster was refering to ambient fire in the environment.

3. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
    No, dad directly refers to what you did with megaton. And before you can talk about it, and have like, something interesting happening, he dies, so Bethesda's team didn't have to do any real writing.

4. The Enclave 86

Jul 5, 2010
    Really? I assume then that's it's little more than Bethesda's deamonising.

"Son, what you did to that town was wrong. It's certainly not what I would sacrifice myself for, and if you won't give your life and sacrifice for everyone else then your a wicked person who's already dead to me."

5. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    If I remember correctly, he brings it up to you on the way into Project Purity (or on the way out of Uncle Stan's Magical VR Electro-Bubble and Immortality Machine Emporium?), but every single dialogue option will result in "Son, I am disappoint. We're going to have a serious talk about this later, young man."

Oh, which reminds me:

527. You are completely immune to aging and all other dictates of biological law so long as you're faffing about in VR.

6. Faceless Stranger

Aug 19, 2010
    528. A 19-year old can have grey hair, be balding, and have a full beard.

7. They can if they're Benjamin Button.

8. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    529. Anybody who is a barber/hairdresser can grow you a beard instantly

9. Faceless Stranger

Aug 19, 2010
    530. Anybody who is a barber/hairdresser can cut your hair longer than it was.

10. The Enclave 86

Jul 5, 2010
    531. All US Army Trucks have the same seriel number, the pre-war Army Logistics was a nightmare.

11. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    532. Pre-war Children must have been extremely good at using baseball bats and other melee weapons due to reading grognak the barbarian.

12. The Enclave 86

Jul 5, 2010
    533. Sometime before the war, all equipable items were made from an experimental polymer which allowed them to resize automatically to the operator.

13. 534. Picking up random bobblehead toys can make make you more adept at anything.

14. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    ^Enclave 86 ninja'd you. Edit it to 534.

535. Vault-Tec s idea of promotional merchandise is Vault Boy bobbleheads carrying weapons and pratical tools such as a syringes.

15. The Enclave 86

Jul 5, 2010
    536. The cap was actually a unit of currency widely used in the pre-war days, possibly even in greater use than the dollar giving that it featured on Vault-Tec's Bartering Bobblehead.

16. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
    I never bothered walking with him, but he'll bring it up with you during the actual project purity.

17. 537. Despite a lot of money that can be easily carried lying around ready to be distributed, people insist on using the caps from coke bottles that have to be carried around in a sack as currency.

I mean, at least in Fallout you couldn't find cash.

18. The Enclave 86

Jul 5, 2010
    538. Though still suffering from massive pre-war inflation, a wad or pre-war dollars still have value in the wasteland market - more in-fact than bottle caps do.

19. Quagmire69

Quagmire69 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 17, 2011
    Things I learned from Fallout 3....

That no matter how good something is some people are always unhappy and ungratefull.

20. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    Whoops, looks like you forgot to number your entry there, friend. It's almost as if you weren't looking to make a serious contribution to the thread. But that's not here or there, I suppose. You've inspired me:

540. No matter how mediocre something is, there will always be abrasive apologists to ignore its glaring flaws and inconsistencies and unquestioningly take up its cause.