Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by maximaz, Mar 7, 2009.
485. unexploded nuclear bombs leave craters.
486. There are a ridiculous amount of Chinese ghouls living in D.C
Viewedchloth, do you get the point of the thread at all?
487. Lobotomies give you magical powers that make every weapon you use a lot more powerful
488. the same thing with multigenerational incest.
489. Swampfolk will shoot anybody who dosen't looks like them, except for the normal looking salesman who lives in the middle of the swamp.
490. There are no women swampfolk.
491. Their skin is harder then power-armor. Their weapon stronger then pulse-rifles
492. " If sales outnumber angry fans, who cares? "
493. "....User-made mods and fan patches will fix it anyway."
494. Didn't Bethesda consult with the members of the Fallout 1 & 2 dev teams? What the fuck do they (Interplay guys) have to say for themselves?
495. See 494, on regards to New Vegas.
Consulted doesn't mean "listened to".
This, apparently one of the original devs wanted to actually work on it and Beth told'em to fuck off.
Arg. Sounds about right though.
Is your avatar supposed to be the gunslinger from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gunslinger_(novella) ?
Actually it was J.E. Sawyer, I think. He worked with them for a short while, then said "Fuck off".
EDIT: I read yorus the wrong way round. I know that J.E. Sawyer (or somebody similar who worked with BIS or Interplay) worked with Beth for a while on FO3 right from the beginning, before they got pissed at Beth's direction.
If I save a baby in the Pitt, I'm a very very bad person.
"Just try not to think of what it may have cost others." - Are they fucking kidding me?!
I hope to god that I meet this person one day and tell him how much I Don't Fucking Care what Bethesda thinks about my way of thinking.
Yeah people always flip out when you choose one person over many.
I remember a story where a guy saves these people on a bus from getting killed and the public hailed him as a hero until they found out they were family and then they mocked him saying he was a selfish bastard.
That it is, been using variations of him as avatars alot since I've been here
497:aliens are weak cowards
498. Vigilantes ignore all the death, rape, and violence in the wasteland, but are spurred into action by losing a robot. Truly a noble cause.
The black and white morality was annoying.
For example, with the Pitt, I don't see turning a productive settlement into just a squatting ground for former slaves as a good thing.
As another, getting bad Karma for killing the ghouls who slaughtered the residents of Tenpenny tower, I've kill them instead of allowing them in ever since.
499. Raiders=cocroaches, they appear even more than them. Talk about survivability after 200 years of radiation poisoning.
Its not just black and white morality that was annoying. I respect the slaves, but if they want to organize a coup why the hell do they have to blame me? I was a slave like them, went through the same shit except the long radiation poison dose.
I don't care about their revolution, it has nothing to do with me. Beth forced the choice. The better one was to sacrifice one human life who never had the time to consider what was going to happen to it. Into making a cure so that others can do by their bidding. Slaves could have done what they wanted, escape the goddamn Pitt with Werner. Instead, they want Ashur. Well go on ahead but I'm saving an innocent life who did nothing wrong to them and is being made a sacrifice. For higher cause maybe? Oh please, not that BoS bullshit again.
Everybody had a simple choice to make. I left the baby because I was disgusted with the rightful option of stealing it. I could have killed all the raiders and talk to all to make a cure so that people could live better. I killed Metzger in Fallout 2, I killed Khan in Fallout 1. It did not make the world suddenly better but it was something. There were tons of options and Beth narrowed it to two. Well, fuck them.
In the end, it was never one above many in my viewpoint. It was my ability to do something.
Gurkha soldier fighting bandits in the train. He risked his life and lives of many to save one girl from rape. To Beth, that would have been the wrong choice because we did not save the many or we risked them. But that man had ability and guts, choice above else to do something. He stood by it and prevailed. Tell the girl it was a wrong one and its her fault for getting everyone almost killed.
500. After 200 years in the waste land all modern day religion will die out except christianity which for some reason people still believe in(which makes me wonder why they don't kill themselves as heaven would be better than the wasteland).
LinkPain: Me I never cared about the slaves(neither did Werner).. They were weak and helpless and never tried anything on their own to try to escape or to stand up to ashur. All they wanted was for some hero to stick his neck out to save them. Sure some would have died but that's how it is when you fight for your own freedom but they didn't even try and because of that I figure they deserve to be slaves because of their own fear and weakness(guess that makes me evil eh beth).
In the end I had more respect for Werner until the end(least he actually tried to accomplish something).
As for the others man I think Paul Denton from deus ex hit the mark the best.
"Do what you think is right."
"I have some more questions."
People just love to have company in their house, even when that company is univited.
Only ten songs existed, ever.
Radiation has a half-life of 1,000 years.
Ghoulification is the only side affect of being exposed to radiation. And even then, it's rare.
Dogs have natural immunities to radiation. But scientists are too worried about downsizing ants to care about harnessing this power.
You can make a solid gun stock out of a 200 year-old, rotting crutch.
Weather does not exist on the East Coast, save for a few wind blows.
The entire world was frozen in time until you were born. Absolutely nothing has been looted, and civilization hasn't regained it's pre-war glory.
Even after the world is destroyed, Communists just HATE Americans.
People just don't care that you have a Fat Man and they have a bat. They need to kill you no matter what.