Underrail Trailer, Shadowrun Alpha Video

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    We haven't spent nearly enough time pimping post-apocalyptic isometric turn-based indie RPG Underrail. Be sure to follow their dev blog. With thanks to the Codex, a trailer is now available, always a good way to draw interest:

<center><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/blE0XJWUxpY" frameborder="0"></iframe></center>

Now, veering pretty far off from our core topics, Shadowrun Returns has posted its first gameplay video from their alpha stage. While not post-apocalyptic, this turn-based, isometric 2D-style game will still be of interest to many of our readers:

<center><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9MiMjQwd2VE" frameborder="0"></iframe></center>

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    hope there will be a bit of voice acting, at least for important NPCs.

3. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    Does it have to?

4. warsaw

warsaw Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2008
    Daaaang. Shadowrun, you just got an instabuy. Really wish I heard about the kickstarter for it when it was running.

5. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    Hey wait, I thought no one wanted to play turn based games with an isometric camera angle?!

6. woo1108

Sep 27, 2012
    You were wrong :lol:

7. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Jake Armitage is such a boss.

8. AnchorsAweigh

AnchorsAweigh First time out of the vault

Oct 7, 2012
    Even though I never fell for Shadowrun's fantasy thing, which IMO made the setting feel a lot less dystopic than cyberpunk should be, I have to say that Shadowrun Returns looks very solid. If the game's editor is as powerful as the guys make it out to be, I foresee great things in my gaming future.

9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    It cant hurt at least and similar games did well with a few key NPCs using some voice, see Fallout, Baldurs Gate etc.

10. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    Isn't it kinda dangerous to take so many art assets from a game whose developer hasn't died yet (and then charging for your game)?

11. PlanHex

PlanHex Legislative Senator oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    Both look awesome! I really should've followed these two more closely, looks like I missed a lot.

The damage floats in shadowrun makes my head hurt though.
    "-20 damage"? So that means the gunshots just healed him?! ARHG

12. woo1108

Sep 27, 2012
    No, exist of voice acting would be good point of game(if it well acted) but absence voice acting won't be a bad point.

That's the reason why those two are great game. doesn't it? :)

13. mobucks

mobucks i get such a kick out of myself Orderite

May 22, 2010
    The gameplay of Underrail looks really tight. The graphics.. well the characters look good but the environments look incredibly sub-standard. A little attention to detail would go a long way for this title.

14. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    What?

15. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    The game appears to be using art assets owned by Interplay. That has been fine & dandy for mods and so on.
    But this indie game is charging money for their game. Doesn't that increase the likelyhood of being sued if the game proved to be profitable? (We're talking about Herve here)

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Which art assets do you mean? I was flying over the screenshots now, but I can't recognize anything specific.

17. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Styg created all the sceneries and item graphics himself (in Paint, btw), the character models have been rendered and created by an outsourced artist. There are no graphics from any Interplay game.

18. SuAside

Admin

May 27, 2004
    Then I shall forever hold my peace lest I wrongfully incriminate someone.

Figments of my imagination.

19. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    I was skeptical about Shadowrun Returns when it was on Kickstarter but that gameplay video really sold it to me. I'm definitely going to pick it up when I have time to play it.

20. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Shadowrun Returns looks amazing.