Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, Feb 21, 2017.

Is this poll pointless?

1. Yes

25.8%
  2. No

11.2%
  3. INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

62.9%
  1. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Blasphemy.

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Shoot me again. I ain't dead yet. Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    The angel design was pretty cool though.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I have always found Pokemon Snap boring as watching paint dry and the announcement of a new one did literally zero for me.

4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Shoot me again. I ain't dead yet. Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Me and my buddy loved it as kids. I think it is for kids.

5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I didn't even like it as a kid.
    We rented an N64 every weekend, and of course I always chose a Pokemon game everytime. But everytime I played Snap I got super bored and regreted not renting Stadium that day. Tried it later as an adult and still found it slow and repetitive. I guess I just like making things fight each other.

6. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    Marathon is better than Doom.

Black Mesa is better than the original Half-Life, barring Xen which is actually better in the original game.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  7. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people that like Snap now haven't touched it in literal two decades and just have this haze of nostalgia for the game and think it's much better than it actually is.

I also tried it myself a few times with a N64 emulator and never saw the appeal.

8. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah that's why there was such a massive change in art direction for the sequel. I'm sure they realised how hard to look at the original was at times.

9. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    Played Snap myself when I was a kid and I liked it for the first hour but after a while it got old and repetitive really fast.

10. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    I find Lord Of The Rings really boring to watch and apart from the quality of the cinematography and all the details that went into it the story and characters are so uninteresting to me and the longer it goes on the less I care about new characters and the more it expands its scope in the worst kind of way which makes it feel spread too thin.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    React videos are generally just something that overrated, cheap and lazy.
    And Youtube can go slaanesh itself if it don't stop recommend Asmongold's react videos to me despite i already say not interesting so many times.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Agreed, it's a stupid gamble. I think it's awful in RPGs. Leave romances for linear stories that the player has no agency in.

This does seem like a bold and possibly controversial opinion. I haven't played Marathon though but I love Doom. Is Marathon free or some shit?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
  14. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    I knew Bungie made them. I didn't know there were two ways to play it though. I had seen the Open Source downloads before but didn't know the originals were free as well. Thanks for the links man.

15. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007
    @Topic: Bungie's Myth series is the best RTS ever created. ;)

*Glen Cook's Novel, "The Black Company" was an inspiration for this game; that and the combat scenes in the film Braveheart.

16. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I like Marathon better than DOOM because for being a DOOM clone, Marathon manages to create actual atmosphere and also has an actual story. A good sci-fi story too. Better than what they've done with Destiny and probably better than Halo in some aspects.

The second Marathon is by far the best one.

17. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017
    Implying Doom has no actual atmosphere is absolutely ridiculous.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  18. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
  19. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007
    As someone who has played D00M for 12 hours straight (in a con gameroom)... I can't agree that D00M is lacking for atmosphere. I have Marathon on CD.

20. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017
    Having played Doom several times, i can say that the claim it has "barely" atmosphere is absolute nonsense to me. If anything it drips in atmosphere with its great level design and ominous feel.