Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, Feb 21, 2017.

Is this poll pointless?

1. Yes

25.8%
  2. No

11.2%
  3. INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

62.9%
  1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I only played the first one a bit, but it was fun. Nothing too cerebral, just a decent way to pass the time without having to engage too much.
    And there are not enough games depicting the crusader states and cities like Damascus from such a perspective.

2. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    First one was an interesting concept that needed expanding upon, the rest are all soulless imitations of currently popular trends ever since Desilets left.

3. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    I maintain that the first one was proof of concept at best and that after 2 they basically became the video game equivalent of the MCU.

Here's a visual representation of assassin's Creed as a franchise.

Synthetic-Krabby-Patties.jpg

4. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
    AI in the first one.

5. edit_au

edit_au First time out of the vault

Jan 18, 2020
    Nice bait and projection :p

The truth is I was a teenager at the time, and saw a lot of my peers going crazy witnessing the invention of the wheel with Halo, when a bunch of us had been playing HL mods and UT online for years and pitted in direct competition with halo side by side - these games that were years old when Halo first arrived on the scene tore stripes off of it in every way I could measure.

Just a simple (and measurably unpopular) statement - Halo was massively overrated for what it was, even by the standards of the day.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  6. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Projection? I never considered myself PC Master Race, some would label me an IDORT. Unless you mean I'm projecting the fun I had with Timesplitters 2, which was tons of fun.

7. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Halo was massively overrated but it was well done. It does have design choices I hate for its style of game (like the two weapon limit) but I still enjoyed it then and now. Halo trying the new things like loadouts, sprint, and other dumb shit it never needed has only detracted from the game.

I've only played the first Assassin's Creed. I got to the third city/boss pairing and went to the fourth city. It was all the same fucking things I had to do to get to boss just like the first three. I got bored as shit due to this and never played it again.

8. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    It kills the consolefag...

9. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah PC is great. I love not actually physically owning anything.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. Hoplite

Hoplite Worth 1/5th of 100 grams of tea

Oct 4, 2019
    I think Halo has a good campaign in every game but lackluster multiplayer tbh

11. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    (Country) ham ís pork, dude. :lol:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Hoplite

Oct 4, 2019
    Tfw you forget ham and pork are the same meat

Although you could def. do better than a ham sandwich

13. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah, but I eat it cold. I don't like much pork served warm. I mean things like ribs or pork chop. Sliced ham is good though.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010

This is pork and it's the pinnacle of food.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    This is about unpopular opinions and not obvious statements.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  16. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    Oblivion with gun is so overrated, that people often consider Skyrim with gun a inferior game, while the latter is actaully a much better game.

17. ironmask

ironmask Mildly Dipped

Mar 10, 2018
    The Deus Ex prequels are really overrated. The setting doesn't make sense and the art style is so square enix which doesn't fit Deus Ex at all. Here we have the first Deus Ex, which while it had some futuristic stuff like robots and stuff, the game was mostly grounded in reality and then we have HR and MD were every one has fancy clothes and bizarre architecture and futuristic crap is everywhere. The original while futuristic, is not blade runner.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. Rose

Rose Keelah se'lai

Dec 5, 2018
    Kingdom Hearts sucks. Might not be an unpopular opinion here, but the games are quite popular in the mainstream.

19. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Vaginas really smell bad. So bad that you have to be a fool to eat one.

Transgender kids are like vegan dogs. We all know who's making the decisions.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Hoplite

Oct 4, 2019
    Fallout 3 is good for reasons other than Liam Neeson being more proud of me than my real father is.