Wasteland 2 Kickstarter has launched

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by C2B, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    When we had something to rage about Fallout 3.

$550,872 now. Nice.

Kickstarter should use some ajax magic or something to make the number change in realtime. Then I don't have to press F5 all the time.

2. 4too

4too Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 30, 2003
    Wagging The Dog

Wagging The Dog

Pushing the F5 key, and something awesome happens!

Pushing ONE *button* ...

that's the lone marketing premise for some recent multi-mill extrusion. :D

Who recalls ...

Those that remember "Joystick Waggle" may testify that THAT parody of that day had more entertainment value for time spend then many of the copy cat titles of that era.

May be, may be not, fan funding verses the video game industrial complex is a 'wag the dog' cultural event, half empty / half full.

Still ...

Pushing the F5 key in this WL2 fund raising context is more fun than it 'should' be. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIDc_pIPGU[/youtube]

4too

3. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    A good start, better than i expected.
    DF got 1 million in 24h and ended with x3,3 this amount
    Wasteland 2 is going to get around 560 first 24h. If it follows the same scheme it will end around 1,8 millions.
    Unfortunately i don't think we can expect the same multiplier, DF was the first.
    Moreover lot of people didn't knew about kickstart before DF, unlike now, and it did not prevent DF to raise much more in the first 24h.
    I think it's going to be hard to push it to the 1,5 million target.
    My 2 cents babbling :mrgreen:

4. Maxxim

Maxxim First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2003
    Wasteland 2 Kickstarter video transcript

I transcribed the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter video for fan translation/subtitling and also for those who understand text better than speech. I'm a professionally trained translator/interpreter (English<>Russian) with ~15 years experience, but this doesn't make me a native English speaker, so there may be some small errors in there (although, being true to my pedantic nature, I did a double check and I believe there are none :).

5. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    so am I the only one wondering when Bethesda will stick their ugly pimply little head into this and say that all these comparisons and references to Fallout is an infringement on their license?

6. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    Guys when you reply please give some info about current sum of money :)

of course Fargo will not get 3 millions, I think That Schaffer is very good in making videos for example one of the last when he talked to Europe donators BUT also still wasteland haven't got much info on sites like gametrailers etc. Maybe they should interview Fargo

7. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
  8. kuki

kuki First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2012
    Backers
    $577,772

wow first 10k backers :)

9. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Y'gotta love going to bed and waking up to find another 100,000 has been pledged. :D

$577,852

(still have yet to spam F5 and see the same number, how does this keep going up so steadily? Slowly, maybe, but steadily and surely!)

10. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    I would like to pledge don't have a credit card.. I do have paypal anyone know that this could be helpfull? I got my eye on the 100$ pledge...

Great to see they raised so much money already! If kickstarter accepted paypal, I know the total amount would be higher.

11. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    This might be helpful

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbXygxSObUQ[/youtube]

12. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    thanks for sum updates
    and such Schaffer vids which are funny really help in additional $

but I am still happy with amount already collected, maybe at the end of week he will have enough not only for basic game but additional content

13. kuki

kuki First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2012
    Any news about donation through NMA to get at least $1k pledge for a NMA bar?

14. Sicblades

Sicblades Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Aug 28, 2008
    Depending on where you live, you can get virtual credit cards that can be funded by your bank account. You can also get pre-paid cards.

You can also read the OP.

15. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Alternative is, you use PayPal and throw money into the RPG Codex pot. But then you probably won't get any of the offered tier rewards (though there will be a Codex statue in the game instead).

16. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    The top 30 contributors will get the digital copies, though, if they do manage to gather the 5000 for the statue.

17. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    thanks! had a few laughs at the video as well (being dutch myself)

18. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    So I'm back, and we're nearing the 2/3 mark. 4 people already plan on visiting the party, selling like hot cakes...

19. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    Holy shit! 590k in about 25 hours. I expected it be somewhere around 450 when I get home from work... but obviously I underestimated peoples' wallets.

This thing is happening, no doubt anymore.

20. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    It needs like $9,400/day now to make it.