Wasteland 2 Kickstarter has launched

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by C2B, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Morol

Morol First time out of the vault

May 25, 2005
    haha, 3 guys with the same Avatar.
    anyway let's make this happen!

2. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Actually, it's 4 guys with the same avatar.

3. God is Dog backwards 2.0

God is Dog backwards 2.0 First time out of the vault

Dec 30, 2011
    Yeah, and the first $5k was Mike Capps I think, of Epic Games. Guess Epic are into Wasteland - Cliffy B also works there... awesome that other devs are backing this so much.

Notch also donated $10k, I believe. So there's an extra $10k backer whose id we don't know...

4. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    It will definitely slow down but the word is still spreading. Not everyone has reported on this yet or done research or got convinced to contribute.

When the page reaches a milestone (500k, 1m) it will probably be reported by news sites and there will be additional spikes.

EDIT:
    I've played very little of the original but I want this game to happen badly and it's Wasteland party time, hence my avatar.

5. Sam Ecorners

Sam Ecorners Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Jan 23, 2007
    there was one from the head of Epic games

6. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    People will donate right before it expires. I just donated to Double Fine trying to be the last donor. I think 100 people did the same thing within a second or so of me.

7. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    We need more people spreading the Word, I mailed TB and twited SPoony, not much else I can do, most people I know don't even know what Wasteland is...

8. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    They got my $250+$15. I just hope there won't be extra charge for the international shipping. :oops:

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Aaaaand $400.000+ now. :)

Need sleep now. Hope that it's $500.000 when I wake up in the morning.

10. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Yep. Just saw it. Told myself I'd finally get up and be productive as soon as I saw $400,000.

Well...good job, lads! Let's keep up the fight!

11. Sigoya

Sigoya First time out of the vault

Jun 6, 2007
    It will happen, Fargo will get his $1-2M, and the real challenge will be for InXile to deliver the game on time (which I'm fairly sure won't happen).

I would hold my breath until early 2014. Very doable after 20 years of waiting.

12. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, they'll be reusing a lot of the design from previous Wasteland 2 pre-production headed by Jason Anderson, so they might just make it on time.

13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, if it takes some more months, I don't have a problem with that. It's better this way than having a buggy release. Also if they manage it to raise more money than the needed 1 million and the game gets bigger, it's kind of given that they should work longer on it.

14. Morol

Morol First time out of the vault

May 25, 2005
    In wasteland, did you make an full party at the start of the game, or did you find NPC during the game?

15. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    Both. You could create up to 4 PCs and recruit up to 2 NPCs. Similarly to e.g. The Temple of Elemental Evil.

16. Ancient Oldie

Ancient Oldie Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 30, 2003
    Haven't been on here in a while, but this is definitely the first PC game that has caught my interest. Lets hope these guys get the support needed to get the sequel to this classic going!!

17. shijoku

shijoku First time out of the vault

May 23, 2006
  18. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    And it's halfway through!

19. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Will you arsetards change yr goddamn avatars back, dammit? I just saw an Ausir conversation nearly all by himself before my drunk ass figured it out.

20. gothdeus

gothdeus First time out of the vault

Jun 26, 2007
    There!

Soon to be 100 bucks poorer, but full with hope.