Wasteland 2 Kickstarter has launched

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by C2B, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Autoduel76

Autoduel76 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 14, 2007
    I don't care about homosexuality, but they won't fucking shut up about Multiplayer...

2. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    you know you can get married AND have a homosexual relationship in Fallout 2, right?

edit, or at least fuck/get fucked by a dude. Whether it's consensual is up to the roleplayer ;]

3. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    ...homosexuals in a post-apocalyptic world is something you guys see as strange? :| Despite what seems to be popular opinion homosexuality didn't pop up out of nowhere in the 90s with Friends and Sex and the City, and wouldn't disappear if bombs went off (unless, you know, the whole mankind went off).

4. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    Back on topic guys. This thread isn't "homosexuality in a post-apoc setting" or "19th century ideas on sexuality and how they are relevant to post apoc settings".

5. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    Firstly, this is Wasteland we're talking about not Fallout 2. Secondly, it's one of the many reasons I consider Fallout 1 as a much better game than Fallout 2. Fallout 2 was much less post-apocalyptic game than Wasteland or Fallout 1 (which made sense considering it was many years after nuclear war).

Anyway, there's interview with Brian on Joystiq which I believe wasn't linked yet: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/0...-an-interview-with-br/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

6. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Not something we hopped on. I've been out of town. But there's no rush. Discuss here

7. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    From what I see it slowed a lot but for sure we will end at 1,5 million for sure

8. incognito

incognito First time out of the vault

Mar 4, 2012
    no, based on the data i can gather, it will be much more then that. I do not know the economic function of "Double Fine Adventure" i would hazard a guess it someting like this

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/Mz9hJ/embed"></iframe>

so based on time i would say way over 2m. (although i don't have empirical data to support my clam.)

9. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    This is the current graph:

10. incognito

Mar 4, 2012
    Nice, where did you get that?

Edit: um is that data corrected, or second hand

11. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Our very own Ghosthack (FOnline: 2238) was tracking the data since a few hours after the start (that's why it doesn't start at 0).

12. incognito

Mar 4, 2012
    ok, i am to tired to make any good prospects on it now. I will see if i get the double fine number and make a corrected graph. Btw nice job tracking the data

13. shijoku

shijoku First time out of the vault

May 23, 2006
    $2500 reward has changed

14. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Real screenshot from Wasteland, I just finished modifying it to make it more awesome AND accurate.

This has now surpassed Easter Egg, and become PROPHECY! Lulz.

Enjoy!

http://i40.tinypic.com/21c6z4z.jpg

15. chewie

chewie Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 3, 2005
    Yes, man! :D

16. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, "soon" apparently means "25 years". :)

17. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    I just sent this definition to Urban Dictionary, but I don't think they'll go for it.

18. incognito

Mar 4, 2012
    thanks

Skip this part if you want.

Going to make a economic fore cast based on Double fine nr. were the each person put inn avg 38,29 $ at volume 84k persons which gives 3,3 m.

we see the volume is not statistic\dynamic so check another data sample at 1,6m. the volume is 45k so gives 36,24 per person.

the volume changes function after start 0 to 400k, 401k to 600k and end 2,8m to 3,3m

which i do several times at different volumes: which gives me a base line of rate of growth and slower growth in a single chart.

At this point i do not have enough data or data points, thous i take in account of low case growth and using the volume linearity instead of estimated end results. also removed any negative funtions.

the fun chart

this is not a real calculation as such just gives a respiration of estimate.

based on volume on wasteland, i would say the norm case scenario is 2,1m to 2,3m ( there are no real low case since there are no real negative growth). the high growth spurt in the end of "Duble Fine" i would say 2,4m to 2,8m maybe 2,9 if we are lucky in the high case scenario.

so to sum up i think it will be 2,4m based on BS from my side.

19. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Actually, wait, I got that wrong. You can get up to 3 NPCs.

20. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    Nice one...