What BoS division do you speculate is in Boston?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by MKSaibot, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    I still don't think Bethesda should touch the Midwest Bros. And if they indeed are present in Boston, their iconic power armor is a must, and Bethesda, f*ck off from the design. leave it as it was, don't try to "improve" it, because in my honest and humble opinion, your designs are sh*t compared to originals.
    If I have to suffer their bastardization of Midwest BroS I want them to at least look cool and menacing as they were intended. Because I don't believe beth will give them justice in their writing.

2. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    They won't. It's Bethesda.

3. Slaughter Manslaught

Slaughter Manslaught Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 11, 2006
    I would love to see the Midwestern BOS again, but not in Bethesda's hands. They were more interesting than Lyons' do-gooders and morons.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  4. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    The Brotherhood gaining control of a vast robot army would basically make their outward expansion an unstoppable inevitability.

And for Beast Lords, the idea of psionics in Fallout isn't new, but it was always intended that it was a very rare occurrence to a degree of one in a million.

An entire tribe of them also upsets the balance of power.

5. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    I don't know... I don't mind so much know. Remember the psionics is limited to animal control. Nothing else.

6. generalissimofurioso

Jun 17, 2007
    Still, it implies that psionics is something you can cultivate through some certain methodology instead of being a random mutation.

7. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    True...

8. generalissimofurioso

Jun 17, 2007
    It's not a bad idea for a particular villain, but an entire tribe?

It's just a little too contrived.

9. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Make the tribe nomadic and smaller, meaning that it gathers members from other places and around America.

10. generalissimofurioso

Jun 17, 2007
    And there we go!

Fixed the issue without getting rid of a neat idea.

11. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Oh really?

Heh.

12. generalissimofurioso

Jun 17, 2007
    Yeah, just kind of have the higher ranking members be the ones with the highest level of control with descending tiers of ability with the majority of the clan having very little if any psionic powers.

13. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Agreed. Maybe have the leaders fully have it and they use superstitious tribals as the main soldier.

14. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Ugh no, if we start introducing functional Psykers into the setting, shit will just turn into Xmen in no time, with pople demanding a Psyker protagonist ala Skyrim and such. Psykers worked as a show of what the multiple paths the FEV could lead humanity through, with the Psykers as a failed and doomed one, in fact the only creature with psionic abilities that could mantain any semblance of functionality was the Master himself and he was an amalgamation of minds and mutations. The fact that even the Hulk mutants has a critical weakness (being sterile, and thus a doomed species) touches more on the FEV, a weapon from the prewar days, not being the path to survival for humanity.

Don't give Bethesda or the Bethfanboys ideas... they already ruined the Super Mutants and the Enclave...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Isn't it basically all but guaranteed you become leader of the Minutemen because a Psyker said you should be?

16. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    What's wrong with you guys? Can't you imagine the possibilities? Fighting the villain Skyrim-Style with radiation instead of shouts while the villain summons death claws out of thin air? It will be awesome! Just like magic ... I mean ... you know ... guys ... ? :look:

17. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I'm sure it will make millions, Crni Vuk.

18. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    But... magic?

No seriously, we need something lore friendly, logical and original.

19. BigIron

BigIron First time out of the vault

Nov 7, 2015
    Well, I dunno, aliens went from being a funny easter egg to a real thing with an actual dlc and everything. Bethesda does what it feels like.

20. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    That's ridiculous.