What podcasts do you...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by mobucks, Mar 29, 2021.

Good or bad?

1. yay!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. nay

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. mobucks

mobucks woof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    I just found Kill Tony and am binging it. If you like stand-up comedy, and I mean really like it, It's one of the funniest podcasts I've ever seen.

The formula is: A few all star comedians pick names from the crowd at random out of a hat and the picked gets to do one minute of stand-up on the stage. Then the hosts interview and shit on them for 10 minutes.

It's totally crazy to see how many introverts actually go on stage and are brave enough to do their cringe stand-up comedy.

[EDIT] just watch for 30 seconds. When the asian guy gets on.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. harmond

harmond First time out of the vault

Jan 27, 2008
    Nerdrotic and especially his/theirs Friday Night Tights is incredible, something i look forward to every Friday.

3. Lyle.pt

Lyle.pt First time out of the vault

May 1, 2021
  4. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    What's a podcast?

5. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
    Serious question?

About sixteen years ago, people started doing specialty media programming out of home (or even semi-pro) studios; what to call these? They were not over the air broadcasts; they needed to be downloaded. The terms Netcast, and Podcast were bandied about for a while. Podcast won out.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. mobucks

mobucks woof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Come on Gizmo you really fell for that Crni post? You've been here longer than I have jeezus.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
    The question was for Crni...
    The explanation is for everyone. ;)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 22, 2017
    I don't listen to podcasts because I prefer to get my information in ways that I can quickly scan and find what is relevant (web pages, newspapers, magazines, books). Podcasts are linear and force me to gather information at the pace determined by the podcast.
    Note that I have no problem with a podcast as a delivery mechanism; it's more the type of content that doesn't fit my style. If I listened to the radio or audio from websites regularly, then a podcast would probably be a great delivery mechanism for that content.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. KingArthur

KingArthur Highwaymen are just road pirates

Jun 25, 2018
    I really like Last Podcast On the Left. Really good if you’re into true crime/horror shit.

10. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    No. I actually wanted to highlight that I don't listen to podcasts. I kinda failed. I guess.