Witcher 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Ravager69, Sep 18, 2009.

1. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Screw Crysis 2, The Witcher is by far the best-looking PC game I've seen in a long time.

2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Amin.

3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    who's that ?

4. Hamenaglar

Hamenaglar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 2, 2009
    I must be the only one, but it doesn't look that great to me...

5. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Yes, you are. Those screenshots are stunning. And apparently not doctored, according to reviewers.

Muhammed.

6. PlanHex

PlanHex Useless layabout oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_amin

Also, as pretty as those screenies are, they do seem to suffer from the Too Much Bloom Syndrome occasionally.

7. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    The bloom it kills my eyes.

8. SmartCheetah

SmartCheetah It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 23, 2009
    Bloom syndrome is not exactly a sickness in every case. It's something like vaccine for "Not THAT good" textures and models. And I believe some of the game devs treat it that way :lol:

Anyway - Looking forward to play this game. I love The Witcher books and universe. Well, if you want REAL dark and low fantasy setting The Witcher is way to go. I didn't saw anything like it or even near it and believe me - I know many different low/dark fantasy worlds :-x
    I just wonder if CD Project guys can keep this feeling in Witcher 2 with such graphics and stuff.

9. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    lolnub.

idem.

Guys, TW2 looks great and all, but it's not anywhere close to Crytek's Playable Engine Tech Demo 2.

Bloomtech isn't makeup, models and texture details are pretty high. Someone's idea of purtay gfx. Still, screens are a bit doctored. Always are.

That said, it's still lookin' awesome, not to mention a much improved storyline and gameplay.

pesky gfx, always get in the way of a good storyline and all.

10. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    I don't know. Crytek's engine is awesome, no doubt about it, and I wouldn't mind getting my grubby paws all over it to make a few custom maps (their dev tools are amazing), but Crytek are pretty poor when it comes to art direction, certainly next to a team like CD Projekt, who managed to get some pretty great results out of old technology that still hold up well today. Crytek do have a lot of talent and a lot of potential, they've just never really shown it off, electing for generic super-soldiers and photorealism instead. They have improved a lot over the years, to be fair, and Crysis WARHEAD far surpassed the original as far as art went, but they still have a long ways to go.

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    I found what I've seen of Crysis 2 to be pretty much a miss as far as art direction goes, the urban setting was a bad idea as it's too generic, and overall the game suffers a lot from overboard bloom plus motion blur. Didn't get me quite as excited as shooting North Koreans in the jungle :(

TW2 certainly doesn't look better than Crysis 2 but could probably compete, especially since the quality of art direction makes up for where raw gfx power may fail.

12. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Um, this link to the pictures is broken now?
    Anyone else having problems with it?

13. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    True enough. One thing that particularly puts me off towards Crytek games is the 'fake' feeling of their lighting. It looks like it's set in Bavaria, not NYC.

As to TW2's tech, it isn't old. 'S based on a completely new engine, originally designed for the (now scrapped) TW3.

14. Mettle

Mettle Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 9, 2007
    In all fairness, I think he means The Witcher, not the sequel; To wich I agree myself, by the way.

I can't wait until releaseday, been looking forward to this for a long time, a want wich certainly has'nt been quelled by DA2.

15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    yes even today I think THe Witcher looks quite decent. Cant wait to see what the sequel will be like.

16. Mettle

Mettle Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 9, 2007
    At the very least, I hope that we will not see those asshat retarded spikey-armors present in DA2, with more fluid and believable animations. Seeing the characters flail around with twohanded swords and metal shields like they were toothpicks annoys the living daylights out of me.

17. GreyViper

GreyViper Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 2, 2004
  18. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Fuuuuuuu, really? I hope nothing significant, I don't want to go through TW1 again just for it.

19. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    As far as I know, it will alter the storyline a little bit based on what you have done in the first game. So it's kind of like Mass Effect.

20. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Someone will probably make a save game editor just like the Mass Effect and Dragon Age ones, saves a lot of hassle playing through the first game again if you loose your saves.