Addictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by zegh8578, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I so much hate this term emo ...

2. The_WitchDoctor

The_WitchDoctor It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 8, 2015
    I hate emos.....

Well just the male emos. Some of these female emos are actually pretty hot!

Just shut up and talk about how depressing your life is around me. And uh, take your shirt off.

Attached Files:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. The_WitchDoctor

Jun 8, 2015
    I meant *don't talk. I wouldn't of double posted, but NMA won't let me edit my posts.

4. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Is Emo still a thing? I haven't seen one since like 2009 and people have moved on to use "Hipster" as the go to insult.

5. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Guys I'm a caffeine addict, sipping black coffee all day long!

6. The_WitchDoctor

Jun 8, 2015
    Hold on, hold on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  7. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I was "emo" before it had a name, well, to the extent that my hair was long-ish, and I often wanted it out of my face...
    Oh and "you don't have to stay strictly on topic" didn't mean "go as far off topic as you possibly can!", WitchDoctor

And eh, yes, NMA allows you to edit posts. You just didn't try hard enough? :I

Valcik, coffee ruins my stomach, but I am completely addicted to my daily ice-coffee :0

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I started drinking. That is, I've decided that Coronas with lime are, indeed, neat.

Summer holidays are here. Gotta evade the abyss somehow.

9. Yep.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  10. The_WitchDoctor

Jun 8, 2015
    Coronas? What? No man, no. You're doing it wrong. Try this:

Attached Files:

11. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I don't think they sell that here. . .

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Wouldn't beer De-hydrate worse in summer?

13. Wumbology

Wumbology Actually a sentient CRT

Mar 5, 2013
    Uh, yeah, but you could always re-hydrate with water. Same at parties really, it's always smart to stay hydrated. It's a part of being responsible with your liq.

That being said, I live in Miami- the drug culture is literally all-encompassing here. It's mostly, at least in my group of friends, about experimentation- addiction isn't really a problem here. Dependence, definitely. But not addiction. Addiction is a consequence of trauma or emotional vulnerability. My grandfather lived under high-stress (of his own making, mostly) and was a paranoid schizophrenic, his alcoholism was a consequence. But the culture here approaches drug and alcohol use casually, as something to maintain a harmless relationship with. Most of the time people manage that- but it's not without failures.

Zegh, my condolences for your brother. I mean, everyone has their reasons for their habits, as a fatalist it's my opinion that no one deserves moral blame for their actions. I'm sure he's genuinely sorry for what he does. Still, it would take something big happening to him for him to change. Unless he's actually shown the consequences of his actions, he'll never will.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    Wow some of you have a lot to say.

Akratus don't be so hard on yourself. If you socialize with people online the words exchanged aren't any different from those you'd say to someone sitting next to you and that makes them no less real.

As for me...

I've never used drugs legal or illegal due to them being expensive, unhealthy, and interfere with self-control. All three things I've mostly not been able to afford.

Also alcoholism runs in my family. Either people I know don't drink or they're addicted heavily.

Amazingly I think drugs should be legal regardless of what I think of them due to the American history of Prohibition.

I will say I've tried to give up soda many times and the longest I've lasted is three months. I think it's the want for something to drink other than water (and soda having so many varieties) not really caffeine dependency.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I recognize this!
    I thought it was the caffeine at first, but no, it's the bomb of sugar, I'm sure of it. I'm cutting down lately, but man... water... cus there really is little else. Orange juice, apple juice, idunno, it's sortof... boring. And milk, ugh, I can have a glass every rare now and then, but I'm not gonna turn into some milk-guzzler

16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I have replaced Soda with either Iced Tea, Hit Juice or Aloe Water. Aloe Water is for special times, because it's kind of expensive (But so, so good).

17. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Watch out guys! Soda is full of High Fructose Corn Syrup (tm) and that's really bad for your liver. This shit makes people fat pretty fast.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    No High Fructose Corn Syrup in here, we actually have real sugar.

19. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Fuck icea tea, soda, etc. I'm fuckin' drunk on green tea all day erry day 24/7 bitches.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  20. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    addictions are like old friends.

Quite hard to get rid of them.