Bethesda E3 Showcase Tonight, Stream Links

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Jun 14, 2015.

1. WittyUsername

WittyUsername First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2015
    That's not exactly ignoring how the game works, however. My point is it was still possible. But the idiot character does have some extra advantages, no charisma he can raise up his other combat-oriented stats if he needed to. Endurance, Agility, strength if he wants to go close combat. Endurance doesn't really mean much until he reaches the higher levels, however. Lifegiver will help a lot when he reaches the higher level.

Granted, he won't be able to beat the game, but still.

2. sampson70

sampson70 Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2009
    Okay breathe everyone,quite a few people are saying that Tood is saying that the skills will be in the main game!!! Apparently he was interview after the the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    And that is what roleplaying is, you see? You ahve to plan it out to achieve what you want, you have so many options to play it differently, now what is gained from removing that in favor of a streamlined Perk system with no skills and only SPECIAL? Nothing. Actually we lose a lot.

4. Swiffness

Swiffness First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2003

Y'know, its ironic...

The first time I played Knights of the Old Republic (maybe the most i've ever been sucked into a game), one of the things that blew me away was the dialogue system. My thought was "wow....this is the most fun I've had with dialogue trees since Fallout 2!".

When I first played Mass Effect, my thought was "WOW ITS JUST LIKE KOTOR BUT EVEN BETTER BECAUSE MY CHARACTER TALKS TOO".

So this notion of classic Fallout and BioWare style dialogue trees being diametrically opposed to one another is....weird to me. A wheel vs. long list isn't the issue, the issue is the script writing and depth of additional options once you get past the first choice. (and NV was worse imho; Caesar's backstory is great and he was voice by an alumni from The Wire, yet talking to him bored me to tears? smh)

I thought I spotted a dynamic camera during certain FO4 conversations....adding that made a HUGE difference in Mass Effect 2.....eventually I noticed the contrast and the dumb "mugshot" camera angle for every convo became one of my biggest gripes about FO3.

"But you can't be exactly sure about what you say until you say it!" - I always found that uncertainty to be part of the fun with that system. I always got a kick out of choosing an angry response and watching FemShep throw passive-aggressive shade at people. How often do you try to say something IRL and it comes out the wrong way? lol yeah. If you REALLY don't like the outcome, that's what save files and replay value are for imho.

Yeah, I don't expect Bethesda to execute this half as beautifully as Telltale Games or BioWare does, but just give me an improvement over FO3 and I'll be happy.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. Alleged Girl #9

Alleged Girl #9 Desert Ranger

May 18, 2015
    Stay tuned for Fallout 5, where they finally remove S.P.E.C.I.A.L., leveling up, perks, and all that other stupid roleplaying shit (who wants to roleplay anyway? lol) and just make it an open-world shooter with no complicated RPG elements whatsoever, because that's what the people want. Lord Howard says so!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. WittyUsername

Mar 13, 2015
    Sure, but I also favor limitations. There's just far too many games that allow you access to near everything. Fallouts access tends to come from high intelligence, a lot of skillpoints. Fallout one with the lock on level 21 limits you a bit more, but, hell, high intel you still get a lot.

Far as build planning, I tend to find myself needing to plan on Fonline than the actual old Fallouts. But that's more of "work to most efficiency" than "this is my character, this is how he is."

Roleplaying, I dunno. I just never feel like I am the character, with Fallout.

7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well a lot of us do, not everybody plays for min maxing so the idea of losing that flexibility is rather worrying. Also Bethesda is not one to put limitations, you can bet they will have perks that up the Special points and the like. THey already had a 9 on everything perk in FO3.

8. WittyUsername

Mar 13, 2015
    At the end of the day, the thing I care about most from Fallout is the lore and story, really. I'm mostly worried how Bethesda is going to knife the Brotherhood and Super Mutants even more.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Story and lore hold the same importance as the felixbility of role playing for me, and this is Bethesda so the only thing I was holding any hope for was the latter.

Those electrical posts next to the vault entrance are rather sturdy, they take a Nuke and still stay up after 200 years.

10. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011

Not peace of lore.

But peace of mind.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    The ugliest baby in the world there is called Shaun, will we get a Press X to Shaun segment? because I am already seeing a plot twist where the baby turns out t ohave survived or something.

I don't know if I am imagining things, but It seems like when you shoot a Synth or a Power Armored enemy bits an piecs of their armor fall off.

12. calajira

calajira First time out of the vault

Jul 21, 2011
    Yes, if only they had the balls to join the struggle for men's rights.
    Sadly, they bowed down to the SJW agenda and put femals characters in it. Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    The SJWs will complain about the perpetuation of heterocisnormative family values by forcing you to play part of a husband-and-wife family with a seemingly non-adopted child, though.

14. ChildServices

ChildServices Banned

May 22, 2015
    >Bethesda is publishing a Doom game
    >Doom
    >sync kills
    >sync kills in an FPS
    >dubstep soundtrack

Other than that utter retardation it's basically just Doom 3 with GRAPHIXXX. It's also good to see that the next gen consoles still have absolute garbage FOV.
    That whole Doom presentation utterly wreaks of "pre-rendered" though. Seriously.
    also:
    >slowing down the game while he changes weapons
    THE CASUALS ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM

15. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  16. WastedWastelander

WastedWastelander First time out of the vault

Feb 27, 2015
    You are right; Obsidian and Inxile could surely not pull this off .... as a 3D FPS... But I'm quite sure Obsidian or Inxile could've made an amazing Fallout game in topdown view.

To me, Fallout 4 felt like a casual playground. Yes, there is a lot to do and yes I will probably have fun with the game but it's strayed even farther from the original games. I hate a voiced protagonist (in Fallout...) and I'm also afraid of what they've done to SPECIAL.

17. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Link?

18. Gnarles Bronson

Gnarles Bronson regular mutant

Oct 30, 2011

bugs me that the BI and Beth logos are on the wrong side in the end.

19. Mettle

Mettle Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 9, 2007

It's dead, and there's only trace DNA left of it from all of the flesh, bone and gristle that Bethsoft has scrubbed it of by now.

Yeah, quite possibly, wich is quite depressing in it's own right. The new TES games requires you to tune your brain into LARP mode and pretend things are happening around you, and for the Fallout games you have to force yourself to believe the game is something else than what it's supposed to be.

I have to hand it to them though, I did'nt have to go through this kind of mental gymnastics twenty years ago to compensate for the lower graphical fidelity... Who said you don't need imagination to play modern games?

Attached Files: