Could the Chosen One appear in future DLC?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Courier, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    That's how I kind of imagined it, not with the Chosen One physically appearing in the game but rather leaving you messages or quests to do. He could have gone back to New Arroyo but since his highwayman can be found crashed in New Vegas it's pretty safe to assume that he at least visited the area and is still alive. He'd be around the same age as the Remnants though.

2. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    Because women can have only one son. :P

3. welsh

welsh Junkmaster

Apr 5, 2003
    Did the courier's identity ever get worked out? Maybe you are the chosen one's child?

4. Courier

Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    How could you have a baby with Mrs. Bishop as a woman? If you play as a woman you don't get the option to sleep with Mr. Bishop.

5. Courier

Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    That's what I was thinking too. Either that or Ulysses is his relative somehow. Perhaps you both are, IIRC the Courier and Ulysses are supposed to have a history that "may surprise some players".

6. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    Hmmm. It hadn't occurred to me that the dates would be about 40 years off for the daughter Bruce Isaac "plowed" to be Angela Bishop. Thanks, I learned something today.

7. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    Why the Mr. Bishop of FO:NV has to be the son of the Chosen One? Women can have only one son and from one specific person only? Even if the Chosen One did indeed have a baby with the Bishop, the Mr. Bishop of NV could be the brother of his son.

I know that the connection is obvious but that doesn't mean it's true.

8. willooi

willooi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2010
    I was hoping that the Chosen One would have his own statue in NCR territory around Vegas, like the Vault Dweller had in Fallout 2. But otherwise I'm happy with the references to him, and imagine that he turned out to be a fine New Arroyo leader.

I'd like to think that once everyone went their separate ways (Marcus to Jacobstown, Cassidy settling down and marrying a tribal lady and having Cass, then heading East [to the Divide??], Myron getting stabbed in a bar, etc) the Chosen One traveled with Sulik to continue the search for Kurisu in their final quest, the Highwayman finally giving out in the Mojave. Hopefully some Sulik and Kurisu mentions in Honest Hearts, please :)

I wonder who the two 'prospectors' in the Power/Enclave Armour in the Deathclaw Promontory are though...at first I feared that that was how the Chosen and a companion had met their fates, but more likely those two corpses are unrelated.

9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    you people forget there could be a whole population of chosen one sons. Maybe you guys should have spend more time in Vault City :shock:

10. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    ^it would be like The Clon DiFools from The Incal, wich would be pretty funny.

11. Millim

Millim Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    I know it's unrelated but there's a weapon in F3 called Highway man something. Could this mean our Chosen one went to DC, and if so what for. Also, there's a photograph of James in NV.

The FNV twist is, the courier is the brother of the lone wonderer.

12. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    It's just a mild reference, at best.

No, he didn't.

Probably developers' mistake, or some sort of joke.