Detroit, post-apocalypse

I live 35 miles from Detroit and plan on making a few trips in to take my own photos for a fallout PnP game.

Its almost as good as berlin 1945, without all the trigger happy russians and gestapo mucking about to spoil a good shot.

WPD

WillisPDunlevey said:
Its almost as good as berlin 1945, without all the trigger happy russians and gestapo mucking about to spoil a good shot.

No Russians/gestapo maybe but I wouldn't rule out the trigger-happy factor too fast.

I have been more scared in the bad parts of chicago than in detroit.

The big difference, there are people in chicago. Detroit is empty. It is hard to come across people. in many places you wont see anyone in detroit. Whole neighborhoods are empty, either abandoned or burned down or a mix of both. From a distance, detroit looks like it has a huge number of parks... but these are just places where a group of homes has burned down and grass has grown over the lots.

(though many of the empty lots are quickly filled with stripped out stolen cars and garbage)

WPD

well I guess with a bit money one could now buy the whole city. Reminds me to Robocop in a strange way ...

Looks like OCP was right in the end

ocp-logo.jpg

They could do a new Robocop movie now and dont even have to change anything on the location. Detroid looks now exactly as how you need it for the movie ...

Crni Vuk said:
Reminds me to Robocop in a strange way ...

The Robocop is all about Detroit. In the 4th? movie the OCP fought against the locals for Medison Heights, I think.

SuAside said:
Detroit would be great for an Omega Man remake...

Dont they tried that already (remake) with Will Smith?

Wasnt Detroit used in "They Live"? It has a special feeling indeed...

iii said:
Crni Vuk said:
They could do a new Robocop movie now and dont even have to change anything on the location. Detroid looks now exactly as how you need it for the movie ...

Here we go:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

Ahhh! Half the movies now are remakes! What happened to originality? is it about risk-taking?

its a small picture of the big master plan which involves at some point to rape "our most beloved memories" ~ including Fallout of course so they can continue to work on your shattered mind so we all become the nice, and good worker drone slaves that are needed in the future industries ... oh wow that stuff is awesome!

Totall Recall gets a remake

Zeal said:
SuAside said:
Detroit would be great for an Omega Man remake...
Dont they tried that already (remake) with Will Smith?
fuck Will Smith & his take on I Am Legend.

I want a C Heston & retardedly soothing music cruising the streets and pulling out his SMG hosing down baddies.

Or Vincent Price, of course, that goes without saying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdHbWh0RsHQ[/youtube]

Zeal said:
So "The Matrix" is getting a remake?

This time he takes the blue pill!

Maybe if the Matrix remake is good enough it will get a sequel unlike the original Matrix, which had real good sequel potential but I guess they didn't want to risk making some really lame sequels featuring wacked out plots and bad acting.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Zeal said:
Wasnt Detroit used in "They Live"? It has a special feeling indeed...
I might be wrong (I don't even know that they specified) but They Live looked and felt like LA to me.

that's the best movie ever made.

so pimps. I thought it was made in Chicago. I guess it's a similar vibe in Detroit. I have to look this up now.

Back