Detroit, post-apocalypse

The I Am Legend is a REMAKE? :shock:

When they make an AVATAR remake? It's the time. Just make the natives green this time, and bang, we have a new movie with an original story. :roll:

SuAside said:
fuck Will Smith & his take on I Am Legend.

I want a C Heston & retardedly soothing music cruising the streets and pulling out his SMG hosing down baddies.

Oh dont get me wrong, i havent even seen the Will Smith one. Just stating! Although C Heston might be a bit old nowdays...

Cimmerian Nights said:
Zeal said:
Wasnt Detroit used in "They Live"? It has a special feeling indeed...
I might be wrong (I don't even know that they specified) but They Live looked and felt like LA to me.

It was shot on LA it seems, i guess they have similar post-industrial decay looks.

Remake of a remake. :o

I liked the I Am Legend, though the end of the movie was really stupid.
Maybe the director said:

"Whoops, we ran out of the budget. CUT! The End".

:mrgreen:

I don't know why they make a Robocop remake. What's wrong with the original? Acting perfect, special effects are ok, the quality is not bad, the story can't be better. :| I hope they don't ruin the Terminator 1-2. :evil:

Zeal said:
Ahhh! Half the movies now are remakes! What happened to originality? is it about risk-taking?

They're run by cowards looking for a quick buck, not artists.

the_cpl said:
Remake of a remake. :o

I liked the I Am Legend, though the end of the movie was really stupid.
Maybe the director said:

"Whoops, we ran out of the budget. CUT! The End".

They actually had two endings. The other was a bit more... flowery and happy but I thought it was better than popping the grenade. Gave a little bit of humanity to the creatures and a slap in the face of everything he had said before about their humanity being lost.

The granade just left them mindless crazed beasts.

I didn't want to create a brand new topic so I'm bumping this one. I came across some more lovely real-life post-apoc imagery, this time of a Georgian city Gagra.

Enjoy!

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2010/07/gallery-russian-resort/

russian_2a.jpg

If you want to find some cool PA-esque images of Detroit, do a search for Detroit Disassembled. It's a book of photography of this exact subject. There are some amazing pictures in that book.

The Omega Man ('71) was one of my favorite movies from the 70’s, that and Solent Green ('73)…it’s a pity the remake (I Am Legend) was so crappy…what I don’t understand is why Charlton Heston choose to shoot the zombies when he could have easily chomped them to death with his massive teeth. He could have been an extra in the film Piranhas. :mrgreen:

746_5_large.jpg

I wouldn't have even considered any of these films remakes, they're just similar films based on a common principle - Considering they we all based on Richard Matthesons 'I Am Legend' they're all wide of the mark. Like what Blade is to Dracula- Some common concepts, but wildly different delivery.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a film that follows the book a little more closely- the ending is fantastic, and explains why it's called 'I Am Legend'.

DexterMorgan said:
Thanks bud but I'm not looking for anything specific, just posting interesting stuff as I come across it while surfing the web. :)
Heh, ok! I'll describe some of what you're missing, then. There's one photograph of an old public school book repository with a caved-in roof on the top floor. The books are spread all over the floor, and through exposure to the elements have begun to decay into a sort of pulp or mulch. Out of this mulch, a tree is growing through the hole in the roof.

Because he's Charlton Fucking Heston, that's why. Never mind the NRA, he's Charlton. Fucking. Heston. "You damn dirty apes" Charlton HEston

I need to post this Charlton Heston clip. It's legendary:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syuQ4puoln8&feature=related[/youtube]

Back